PDA

View Full Version : And now Golden State takes back HCA in convincing fashion.

blacklistedbully
05-11-2015, 11:01 PM
Pretty big statement tonight. Gonna be really hard for Memphis to take at least 1 more of 2 at GS.

cheewgumm
05-11-2015, 11:10 PM
Yes!!

Goodbye Memphis.

War Machine Dawg
05-11-2015, 11:55 PM
Well obviously it'll be tough. But Memphis has the team to do it. GS couldn't miss tonight and the Grindfather played like garbage. Wouldn't look for that to happen again.

thf24
05-12-2015, 07:06 AM
Yes!!

Goodbye Memphis.

Never understood people, especially MSU fans, who like to pull against small-market underdogs. Unless of course GS is your team.

jumbo
05-12-2015, 07:53 AM
Tony Allen got hurt I'm assuming, no other reason he played so little. The last 5 or so minutes of the 2nd quarter are what did the Grizz in. Yes, there were some pretty terrible calls, but they let it get to them and got out of their game. Turned into the Clippers for a bit and whined about the calls instead of grinding on.

cheewgumm
05-12-2015, 08:05 AM
Not sure what being a miss state fan has to do with it. Miss state is not really "small market" anymore anyway. We're SEC. Small market compared to what?

Anyway better get the rest of the State fans off the Braves bandwagon while you're preaching.

thf24
05-12-2015, 08:28 AM
Not sure what being a miss state fan has to do with it. Miss state is not really "small market" anymore anyway. We're SEC. Small market compared to what?

Anyway better get the rest of the State fans off the Braves bandwagon while you're preaching.

Sorry if I sounded preachy. Just a little sensitive from my Grizz getting shat upon when they were bad and now getting shat upon when they're good, for very little real reason that I can discern.

turkish
05-12-2015, 08:56 AM
Respect is hard-earned by the little guys in pro sports. You will be shat upon until you prove you deserve otherwise. Go complain to Popovich. Oh, and everybody is good in the NBA in May. Everybody.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-12-2015, 09:03 AM
Sorry if I sounded preachy. Just a little sensitive from my Grizz getting shat upon when they were bad and now getting shat upon when they're good, for very little real reason that I can discern.

This is not directed at you because you may have been a diehard Grizzlies fan from jump but I remember going to Grizzlies games a few times before they became contenders & it was more fans of the opposing teams than the Grizzlies. I've went to watch Lebron play a few times & there were more Lebron jerseys than Grizzlies jerseys. Now the last few years as they became legit contenders people have jumped head 1st on the bandwagon but there wasn't many on the bus during there early years.

jumbo
05-12-2015, 09:12 AM
This is not directed at you because you may have been a diehard Grizzlies fan from jump but I remember going to Grizzlies games a few times before they became contenders & it was more fans of the opposing teams than the Grizzlies. I've went to watch Lebron play a few times & there were more Lebron jerseys than Grizzlies jerseys. Now the last few years as they became legit contenders people have jumped head 1st on the bandwagon but there wasn't many on the bus during there early years.

true, but that's any small market team. Tampa Bay banned Red Wings and Canadians jerseys in their playoff series. The Predators blocked anyone from Chicago from buying tickets to their series with the Blackhawks.

thf24
05-12-2015, 09:15 AM

Oh definitely. When I first started going to games in the early 00's and the Lakers or Celtics would come to town, it might as well have been a home game for them, plus a few other teams as you say. The city has really embraced the team in the past few years and it's been great. And I understand the Grizz will have to stay good for a while longer to earn nationwide respect as turkish says. I just don't understand the hate we get from people outside the immediate area for no real reasons that I can tell, except maybe a somewhat fast rise to prominence.

Maroonthirteen
05-12-2015, 09:47 AM
Yep, thf24. i remember Kobe and Shaq playing in the Pyramid. I recall the crowd being 50/50. I recall Memphis having a large lead going into the 4th quarter. Then Kobe took over and carried the Lakers all the way back into the lead. The place was going nuts during the comeback.

dawgs
05-12-2015, 10:06 AM
I don't really care who wins the NBA title, there isn't hateable team in the group unless you are just anti-lebron (but Cleveland fans are probably the most deserving of any too, plus small market argument...). Clips, grizz, Warriors, wiz, Hawks, and cavs haven't won a title either ever or in my lifetime. Bulls and rockets haven't won since the 90s. Plus with the Bulls you have the added Derrick rose stuff, an extremely talented guy leading the team after going through so many injuries.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-12-2015, 10:13 AM
true, but that's any small market team. Tampa Bay banned Red Wings and Canadians jerseys in their playoff series. The Predators blocked anyone from Chicago from buying tickets to their series with the Blackhawks.

Oh I can definitely understand that in the playoffs. I'm just saying in general up until the last few years there hasn't been much of a home court advantage. The Atlanta Hawks were the same way up until this year. Everybody has gotten all in with the Grizzlies but it has just become that way recently.