PDA

View Full Version : Time for a Positive Thread: Ben Howland

Bully13
05-11-2015, 10:04 PM
with the baseball train wreck, I think it is time to take a deep breath and remember and realize the greatness of what has happened with hoops over the last 7 weeks. baseball will work itself out. I'm tired of bitching about it to be honest. one way or the other, it will be worked out.

I think it's time now to focus on what is the most monumental hire we've actually ever had in any sport. hiring JWS was BIG. no doubt. we didn't know how big Mullen's hire was at the time, but now we do. granted.

what excites me more right now about Howland is his WIFE. I will try hard not to get this transferred to the political board but DAMN. I LOVE what Howland has to say about his Wife's faith. there is NO reason not to believe what he is saying about her and I truly believe she is going to LOVE StarkVEGAS.

I just have this feeling that she will fit in like nobody's bidness in Mississippi. Yes, I'm a Christian and I love Mississippi and I Love God and I Love what Howland's Wife has been doing in CA regarding her FAITH. IN Jesus. !!!!

She will NOT be telling croots she "FEARS FOR THEIR SOULS" if they go to TSUN. she will be her Husband's spiritual guidance, and she will NOT be part of crootin'. we will NEVER tell a croot that we fear for their soul if they choose TSUN.

and Howland will NOT be pulling Freeze esque bullshit.

I like the fact that Howland's wife will be at his side, being a good wife and guiding him.

I like that . I like that Howland admits his wife is better than him in this arena. he's honest.

he's got a job to do and he seems very fired up about it. I have no reservations that his better half is going to be bat shit happy in Mississippi.

I think we are on a 5-7 year VERY good run in hoops and it will be done the RIGHT and HONEST WAY

I really think this is his last gig. I think it will be monumental. the dude gets to the final 4. he just does it.

God Bless MSU!!!!

Bothrops
05-11-2015, 10:42 PM
Agree with all of this. Great points.

Billy Ray Valentine
05-12-2015, 04:52 AM
with the baseball train wreck, I think it is time to take a deep breath and remember and realize the greatness of what has happened with hoops over the last 7 weeks. baseball will work itself out. I'm tired of bitching about it to be honest. one way or the other, it will be worked out.

I think it's time now to focus on what is the most monumental hire we've actually ever had in any sport. hiring JWS was BIG. no doubt. we didn't know how big Mullen's hire was at the time, but now we do. granted.

what excites me more right now about Howland is his WIFE. I will try hard not to get this transferred to the political board but DAMN. I LOVE what Howland has to say about his Wife's faith. there is NO reason not to believe what he is saying about her and I truly believe she is going to LOVE StarkVEGAS.

I just have this feeling that she will fit in like nobody's bidness in Mississippi. Yes, I'm a Christian and I love Mississippi and I Love God and I Love what Howland's Wife has been doing in CA regarding her FAITH. IN Jesus. !!!!

She will NOT be telling croots she "FEARS FOR THEIR SOULS" if they go to TSUN. she will be her Husband's spiritual guidance, and she will NOT be part of crootin'. we will NEVER tell a croot that we fear for their soul if they choose TSUN.

and Howland will NOT be pulling Freeze esque bullshit.

I like the fact that Howland's wife will be at his side, being a good wife and guiding him.

I like that . I like that Howland admits his wife is better than him in this arena. he's honest.

he's got a job to do and he seems very fired up about it. I have no reservations that his better half is going to be bat shit happy in Mississippi.

I think we are on a 5-7 year VERY good run in hoops and it will be done the RIGHT and HONEST WAY

I really think this is his last gig. I think it will be monumental. the dude gets to the final 4. he just does it.

God Bless MSU!!!!
Awesome post

AROB44
05-12-2015, 05:54 AM
Never understood what someone's religious beliefs had to do with coaching a sport. I don't care what faith he is...just want him to win.

BulldogDX55
05-12-2015, 08:38 AM
Never understood what someone's religious beliefs had to do with coaching a sport. I don't care what faith he is...just want him to win.

Agreed. I am all for any aspect of a coaching hire that gets the fan base excited, but I'd rather hire an Atheist/Muslim/Scientologist who takes us to a national title than a good Christian that takes us to the NIT/Liberty Bowl.

maroonmania
05-12-2015, 08:55 AM

I took it to mean that hopefully Ben Howland and his wife would feel comfortable in the Starkville community due to shared Christian values and hopefully want to stay. Don't really think the point had anything directly to do with coaching basketball.

archdog
05-12-2015, 10:26 AM
Agreed. I am all for any aspect of a coaching hire that gets the fan base excited, but I'd rather hire an Atheist/Muslim/Scientologist who takes us to a national title than a good Christian that takes us to the NIT/Liberty Bowl.

I like to have a coach that wins and becomes a great role model for our players and fans. Win with grace, lose with class, and set an example. Mullen does this. Howland will do this.

Billy Ray Valentine
05-12-2015, 11:13 AM
I like to have a coach that wins and becomes a great role model for our players and fans. Win with grace, lose with class, and set an example. Mullen does this. Howland will do this.

Agree with this. Proud to have a man like this on board. As long as he's not like Freezus tooting his own horn all the time. And Howland doesn't seem like that type. Oh yeah, he can coach too.

Dog316
05-13-2015, 10:55 AM

^^^^^^
Different strokes for different folks. I greatly prefer the character described by archdog. Unfortunately, for some it is win at all costs. And venom for those who don't win every single game. It is a sad commentary on the status of sportsmanship in today's world.

Dawgcentral
05-13-2015, 07:23 PM

For some, it's not all about the short term. This life, when compared to eternity is the blink of an eye at best. I understand it's a matter of belief, so I don't want the thread to get way off track. Just throwing that out there.