PDA

View Full Version : Todd, hearing Chad Davis resigned at Madison Central today.

Jacksondevildog
05-11-2015, 08:27 PM
Any updates/thoughts on the situation?

MsStateBaseball
05-11-2015, 08:35 PM
Yes, he did. Going to be principal instead. Maybe Brandon coach take over?

Harrydawg
05-11-2015, 08:54 PM
Poor Brandon people.......brace yourselves.

shoeless joe
05-11-2015, 09:24 PM
Dang...hate to hear that. Chad can flat coach...I guess those Madison parents wear on everyone.

Smitty
05-11-2015, 09:35 PM
Same situation as we are in.. Top level talent in Madison about to go get a top level coach.

Drugdog
05-11-2015, 09:39 PM
Yes, he did. Going to be principal instead. Maybe Brandon coach take over?

Poor Brandon people.......brace yourselves.

I have pretty good Intel that he will not be the Coach at Madison.

shoeless joe
05-11-2015, 10:00 PM
Hester wouldn't fit in well with the Madison crowd.

Todd4State
05-11-2015, 10:16 PM
Same situation as we are in.. Top level talent in Madison about to go get a top level coach.

Top level talent doesn't come from a JUCO.

Todd4State
05-11-2015, 10:19 PM
I don't live in Madison anymore so, I really don't have a thought one way or the other.

I'm sure they will find a good coach because it is a baseball hotbed there and the kind of place that someone can win championships at. They had two D-I players on the team right now- including Will Brooks who is one of our very own commits. The other one is Trace Tyre who is an Ole Miss commit that transferred in to Madison from Clinton.

If I were them, I would try to hire Brooks Bryan. He is familiar with the program.

Todd4State
05-11-2015, 10:20 PM
Hester wouldn't fit in well with the Madison crowd.

No kidding. Would be entertaining though.

Backspin
05-11-2015, 10:26 PM
Greg Perry would be the obvious homerun hire. Program hasn't been the same since he left.

Backspin
05-11-2015, 10:30 PM
Top level talent doesn't come from a JUCO.

Stupid statement...

Todd4State
05-11-2015, 10:32 PM
Greg Perry would be the obvious homerun hire. Program hasn't been the same since he left.

Well, that is easily explained by Germantown splitting out and then another coach having some "turmoil" to put it politely. Baseball programs in high school run in cycles and whoever has the most D-I players usually wins- which is why Desoto Central will probably win it all this year. When MC had 4-5 D-I players, they were winning it all.

If MC had that many D-I players the past few years, they would still be winning championships probably.

Todd4State
05-11-2015, 10:34 PM
Stupid statement...

Tell me how many JUCO's get drafted in the first round this year. If a player is a JUCO player, he is a JUCO player for a reason. You can't build a SEC team with a JUCO all-star team and then proclaim that team to have elite talent.

Smitty
05-27-2015, 09:02 PM
Tell me how many JUCO's get drafted in the first round this year. If a player is a JUCO player, he is a JUCO player for a reason. You can't build a SEC team with a JUCO all-star team and then proclaim that team to have elite talent.

One year ago

Cal State Fullertonbuilt a NC program with a lot of JUCO guys from California. LSU currently has nine JUCO players on their team including a couple of starters. This after multiple NC's. Most everyone in the country uses JUCO players. We would be completely foolish to not use JUCO players. Especially with the ties that Jake Wells and Cohen have to JUCO baseball.

Just fodder for a slow news cycle.

Todd4State
05-27-2015, 09:30 PM
One year ago

Glad I'm still living in your head rent free.

What round is Daniel Garner going to be drafted in?

Smitty
05-27-2015, 10:24 PM
Glad I'm still living in your head rent free.

What round is Daniel Garner going to be drafted in?

You would have a point.... If we didn't finish last in the league and last in slugging.

Todd4State
05-27-2015, 10:37 PM
You would have a point.... If we didn't finish last in the league and last in slugging.

I do have a good point- since Wes Rea out homered Garner in a better league in which Garner was one of the oldest players.

But by all means- keep embarrassing yourself by saying that Alabama JUCO baseball is essentially the same as the SEC.

It_Could_Happen
05-27-2015, 10:45 PM
One year ago

Todd you may want a restraining order on your stalker.

Todd4State
05-27-2015, 11:16 PM
Todd you may want a restraining order on your stalker.

I talk about one of my girlfriends in another thread and Smitty apparently got jealous.

It_Could_Happen
05-27-2015, 11:27 PM
I talk about one of my girlfriends in another thread and Smitty apparently got jealous.

Better watch out he may swipe her right out from under you.