PDA

View Full Version : Was at Madison Central Football Practice....

Drugdog
05-11-2015, 06:38 PM
Ran into several Dads who's kids played under the old administration. To say they were excited would be a vast understatement. They said the kids got more coaching in the first 10 minutes of practice than in ALL of last year. Also the Head Coach came over to shake their hands and thanked them for coming to watch. How bout that!!

What i can report is a lot of enthusiasm, energy, and coaching. There were lots of participation. I do not know about the talent level, but i believe we will see a Much improved program. I am very excited about this coming season.

Coach34
05-11-2015, 07:22 PM
probably excited they wont be stuck in 1990 anymore

Ifyouonlyknew
05-11-2015, 07:24 PM
If Jack Walker can prove he can handle the running aspect of our offense he'll probably be our QB for the 2017 class.

Harrydawg
05-11-2015, 08:14 PM
No doubt, the difference and pace at practice is shockingly different.

Also, as AD - MC baseball coach resignd today.....

BeastMan
05-11-2015, 08:21 PM
The current players at MC are very happy with the change. Peterson's offense has ignited some excitement. Peterson brought with him former MC and MSU LB Cody Upton to run the weight room (and coach on defense) and he has turned up the intensity x a million I've heard.

Dawg61
05-11-2015, 08:39 PM

Lol hilarious

BulldogBear
05-11-2015, 09:21 PM
The ground beneath Batesville doth tremble

Ifyouonlyknew
05-11-2015, 09:22 PM

Don't know if I would go that far.

War Machine Dawg
05-11-2015, 09:26 PM

http://i.imgur.com/AJnQKF6.gif

Drugdog
05-11-2015, 09:51 PM
Practice game will be at The Rock of Solitude. Betting it will be second biggest crowd of the year. Playing Foley, Al.

Todd4State
05-11-2015, 10:35 PM

What's funny about that is the school wasn't even around in 1990.

Todd4State
05-11-2015, 10:36 PM
If Jack Walker can prove he can handle the running aspect of our offense he'll probably be our QB for the 2017 class.

Speaking of- for those that were at practice, how did Walker look as far as the running aspect?

Todd4State
05-11-2015, 10:37 PM

Well, I'll say this. I'd take my chances with Peterson vs. South Panola over Bobby Hall vs. South Panola ANY and EVERY day.

War Machine Dawg
05-11-2015, 11:47 PM
Well, I'll say this. I'd take my chances with Peterson vs. South Panola over Bobby Hall vs. South Panola ANY and EVERY day.

You'll have a shot because Pogue is a dumbass. That said, soft boys from Madison aren't beating SP regularly. They don't live football 24/7/365. And for the record, last year was supposed to be a rebuilding year for SP, which is one of the reasons everyone was picking Starkville to win it all.

Todd4State
05-12-2015, 02:01 AM
You'll have a shot because Pogue is a dumbass. That said, soft white boys from Madison aren't beating SP regularly. They don't live football 24/7/365. And for the record, last year was supposed to be a rebuilding year for SP, which is one of the reasons everyone was picking Starkville to win it all.

Maybe Peterson can recruit some soft white boys from Hoover then. They seemed to have South Panola figured out despite not living on football.

bulldawg28
05-12-2015, 06:14 AM
Maybe Peterson can recruit some soft white boys from Hoover then. They seemed to have South Panola figured out despite not living on football.

You have no idea. Hoover ' s entire school is built around football.

Drugdog
05-12-2015, 07:44 AM

I love it when someone gets Hammered. Nice Reply T4S.

Bo Darville
05-12-2015, 08:00 AM
That said, soft boys from Madison aren't beating SP regularly.

But they have a shot against boys from Batesville.

curmudgeon
05-12-2015, 08:47 AM
As long as the best athletes at Madison Central are playing soccer and baseball, MC will have trouble winning it all.

But, word is that some of the best athletes at Madison Central are considering playing for Petersen.

Westdawg
05-12-2015, 09:40 AM
The current players at MC are very happy with the change. Peterson's offense has ignited some excitement. Peterson brought with him former MC and MSU LB Cody Upton to run the weight room (and coach on defense) and he has turned up the intensity x a million I've heard.

i went to juco and MSU with Cody. I know that at one time - maybe still - he held the state HS football record for tackles in a season. one swollen muscled fella.

SouthMsDawg
05-12-2015, 10:39 AM
i went to juco and MSU with Cody. I know that at one time - maybe still - he held the state HS football record for tackles in a season. one swollen muscled fella.

I remember seeing him in the Sanderson Center back in the day, Dude was SWOLE and im not saying he was but I always thought he was juiceing

bulldawg28
05-12-2015, 11:20 AM
nm

Nm

JohnnyQuid
05-12-2015, 11:37 AM
Wow...really?

I don't think either is appropriate

BeastMan
05-12-2015, 11:50 AM
You'll have a shot because Pogue is a dumbass. That said, soft white boys from Madison aren't beating SP regularly. They don't live football 24/7/365. And for the record, last year was supposed to be a rebuilding year for SP, which is one of the reasons everyone was picking Starkville to win it all.

Well, we (MC) went up to USP and shoved a leathered covered oblong ball right up the Tigers rear... I'll never forget that game. 4th down just inside the 10 with the game on the line. Did justice call a play for his D1 signee RB Bobo Brown or his Ole Miss signee WR Mike Espy? Hell no, USP was playing sloppy sloppy football so he called a FB veer to a 5'8 260 FB for the score and the win. Mike Justice had balls the size of watermelons to make that call

Bo Darville
05-12-2015, 11:55 AM
I don't think either is appropriate

Agreed. Neither was appropriate. Just showing how one is not even noticed while the other elicits controversy. Crazy ain't it. Because both were equally inappropriate.

JohnnyQuid
05-12-2015, 11:57 AM
Agreed. Neither was appropriate. Just showing how one is not even noticed while the other elicits controversy. Crazy ain't it. Because both were equally inappropriate.

Yea that was my point was more to it but got edited I guess

bulldawg28
05-12-2015, 12:37 PM
I don't think either is appropriate but why didn't you " wow really" about soft white boys? Isn't that equally as stereotypical and involves race?

Soft and dumb are totally different spectrum terms. Being soft isn't an insult it happens in football used often. Dumb is meant to insult.

confucius say
05-12-2015, 01:32 PM
Soft and dumb are totally different spectrum terms. Being soft isn't an insult it happens in football used often. Dumb is meant to insult.

Just stop. They are both racist and wrong. No one has ever described a football player as a soft white kid and meant it as anything other than an insult.

Bo Darville
05-12-2015, 01:32 PM

Actually, both dumb and soft both happen in football. And they happen to people of all races. Keep in mind that MC has both black and white football players, but only the white ones were labeled soft.

bulldawg28
05-12-2015, 01:39 PM
Actually, both dumb and soft both happen in football. And they happen to people of all races. Keep in mind that MC has both black and white football players, but only the white ones were labeled soft.

If a coach ever were to call me dumb he'd be looking for a fight or a verbal lashing back. If he said I was soft it would fire me up to play harder. I never once addressed race at all in any posts only the schools mentioned. I'll let you two pansies argue politically correct race issues.

BeastMan
05-12-2015, 01:51 PM
I tried to edit yalls argument for the better of the board. Let me weigh in here because there is some common sense here and I actually played at MC so I have a unique POV. MC has always had a "soft" label amongst other football schools. It's not accurate but it's the Madison stereotype. You know, a bunch of rich white boys. The actuality is that the team is usually pretty even split and when teams want to try MC's toughness, they get hit in the mouth. MC's program's record speaks for itself. Being a former white MC player I've heard "soft white boys" plenty of times about my own school and never took it as racially charged. WMD was just saying what has been prepetuated by many (incorrectly imo). I took it as a jab and not a big deal. The flip side is that I do take the other comment racially charged and so would the vast majority of people. I edited everything for the sake of being even, even though I thought one comment was much worse than the other. Imo the appropriate response to anyone who calls MC a program of "soft white boys" the record over the last 15 years. MC is a top program in MS making the "soft white boys" comment dumb.

preachermatt83
05-12-2015, 01:53 PM
Peterson managed to hire the Best OL coach in the state in former Bulldog OLman Mike Hendershot. What he can do with an offensive line is unreal.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-12-2015, 02:01 PM
To get back on topic does Madison Central have any other D1 kids besides Gunter & Jack Walker?

Political Hack
05-12-2015, 02:01 PM
this board isn't here to allow readers to make political points every time someone posts something that could elicit a "point-making" political or social response. it's here to discuss sports... MSU sports mostly.

We have a board. Called the politics board. That's there so "if you must" you can talk politics over there. However, nothing good comes from racial debates about "white boy" this or "black boy" that. If it goes too far, it's not a warning. It's an IP ban. Please refrain from that type of stuff and report anything like that, that could be viewed as unnecessarily hurtful.

War Machine Dawg
05-12-2015, 02:29 PM
I tried to edit yalls argument for the better of the board. Let me weigh in here because there is some common sense here and I actually played at MC so I have a unique POV. MC has always had a "soft" label amongst other football schools. It's not accurate but it's the Madison stereotype. You know, a bunch of rich white boys. The actuality is that the team is usually pretty even split and when teams want to try MC's toughness, they get hit in the mouth. MC's program's record speaks for itself. Being a former white MC player I've heard "soft white boys" plenty of times about my own school and never took it as racially charged. WMD was just saying what has been prepetuated by many (incorrectly imo). I took it as a jab and not a big deal. The flip side is that I do take the other comment racially charged and so would the vast majority of people. I edited everything for the sake of being even, even though I thought one comment was much worse than the other. Imo the appropriate response to anyone who calls MC a program of "soft white boys" the record over the last 15 years. MC is a top program in MS making the "soft white boys" comment dumb.

This. I was yanking the chain of the MC fan club based on the stereotype. I'll be the first to say there's a reason MC is one of the 3 best programs in the North and a regularly in the North Half Championship. That said, SP's record of dominance over them and all the state titles the last 15 years speaks for itself as to who has the upper hand. Unfortunately, some here swallowed the bait and swam away with it. And now what was potentially a fun HS smack talk thread to distract us from Cohenball has been ruined. Lock it up!

War Machine Dawg
05-12-2015, 02:31 PM
Peterson managed to hire the Best OL coach in the state in former Bulldog OLman Mike Hendershot. What he can do with an offensive line is unreal.

Michael Fair might have something to say about best OL coach in the state. SP's "decline" can be traced to when he left our staff. He can flat coach some OL.

Westdawg
05-12-2015, 04:00 PM
I remember seeing him in the Sanderson Center back in the day, Dude was SWOLE and im not saying he was but I always thought he was juiceing

yeah, that was something that was always said about him. lots of guys fence-post talked about that rumor in juco. but he has and still is swole up like he ran into a hornet's nest. dude is a freak of muscle.

Westdawg
05-12-2015, 04:02 PM

seriously? dang, Peterson is putting together a great staff.

Westdawg
05-12-2015, 04:04 PM
Yeah, Fair is a tremendous OL coach. he whooped my team's tail in a game. made some great adjustments against our front in the second half and we never recovered.

Todd4State
05-12-2015, 04:40 PM
To get back on topic does Madison Central have any other D1 kids besides Gunter & Jack Walker?

I don't know if he's a D1 kid or not, but Bernard Euell's kid is on the team. He might blossom under Peterson. I'd like to see him do well anyway.

fader2103
05-12-2015, 05:05 PM
But pooh bear was no ordinary 5'8 fullback. If he knew to put his real name on his ACT he would of probably played in D1.

BeastMan
05-12-2015, 05:45 PM
But pooh bear was no ordinary 5'8 fullback. If he knew to put his real name on his ACT he would of probably played in D1.

Haha. I don't know about all that but Artha was a gamer for sure.

fader2103
05-12-2015, 05:49 PM
Sounds like we were at MC about the same time.

RBritt
05-12-2015, 06:31 PM
Hendershot from Scott Central?

confucius say
05-12-2015, 07:53 PM
Yes

GTHOM
05-12-2015, 11:19 PM
MC has underachieved the last 10 years or so

FlabLoser
05-13-2015, 06:13 AM
Shout out to NAFOOM. Thanks for reading.

Jack Lambert
05-13-2015, 06:30 AM

Back in the 90's there was no German Town or Ridgeland highschools either. Except for Canton and Velma Jackson, MC was it and had all those kids.

FlabLoser
05-13-2015, 09:26 AM

Ban hammered. Bo, you can't stay that stuff here.

Thanks for the screenshots, NAFOOM. Did you guys also screenshot what bulldawg28 said? I missed it. Anway, thanks for the help.

Your pal,

Flab

preachermatt83
05-13-2015, 10:30 AM

Yes. Mike. Heckuva coach.

SouthMsDawg
05-13-2015, 10:31 AM
When did Hendersot play at State? He must be an older guy because I don't remember him playing and Ive followed State since the mid 90's

preachermatt83
05-13-2015, 10:38 AM
When did Hendersot play at State? He must be an older guy because I don't remember him playing and Ive followed State since the mid 90's

He started at Guard in the late 80s

RBritt
05-13-2015, 12:42 PM
Hendershot looks like he could chug a case of beer and run a bar like he owns it. Big ole dude.

preachermatt83
05-13-2015, 01:40 PM
Hendershot looks like he could chug a case of beer and run a bar like he owns it. Big ole dude.

He's def a big man. Good guy too. Coached me in HS.