PDA

View Full Version : 0-7 vs TSUN in Big 3 sports, how do you feel about that?

fishwater99
05-11-2015, 10:05 AM
I am not worried really about football or basketball for next year, but baseball is very troubling.
The Bears were out in full garb yesterday afternoon and you can't blame them.
I had nothing to say, but that we suck in baseball.

Coach34
05-11-2015, 10:09 AM
It sux. We just have to take our medicine and move on to next season.

When we win the Egg this November- it will feel like 2-3 wins for me because so many of them are convinced Freezus "owns" Mullen. Watching the fallout from that one will be outstanding and I will be there 1st hand to enjoy it.

state66
05-11-2015, 10:15 AM
You know Keenum is pissed. He makes sure its known that the expectation is to beat ole miss. Ben Howland said that was one of the first things he told him was make sure you beat ole miss, haha.

FlabLoser
05-11-2015, 10:21 AM
I feel Ole Miss fans want really badly for us to forget the dream season we had in football.

#Hai1State

shoeless joe
05-11-2015, 10:32 AM
Eh...doesn't affect me much. Just like I wasn't overly excited about our dominance over them a few years back. They are a rival, I love beating them, but they are not a measuring stick on where our athletics are IMO

Eric Nies Grind Time
05-11-2015, 10:48 AM
Being good at baseball is nice. But for me being good at CFB and MBK is way better. If we have good seasons in CFB and MBK I will be content. Plus with baseball I am not really worried about us making a good hire. I know if Cohen flops that we have the resources in baseball to go out and get a good coach.

HancockCountyDog
05-11-2015, 11:10 AM
I feel Ole Miss fans want really badly for us to forget the dream season we had in football.

#Hai1State

I have to admit, that dream season turned into a ****ing nightmare by the end of year. Maybe its just me, but Im struggling to look past the disaster that November and January was.

Part of the problem is that I ran my mouth to pretty much every person that I saw wearing a lacoste shirt or that had a Yeti sticker on their truck. So, losing to them and then getting skull drug in the bowl game was a bitter pill for me.

GTHOM
05-11-2015, 11:14 AM
Ask them who leads the big 3 sports record overall, ya know be as douchey as they are

NCDawg
05-11-2015, 11:33 AM
I have to admit, that dream season turned into a ****ing nightmare by the end of year. Maybe its just me, but Im struggling to look past the disaster that November and January was.

Part of the problem is that I ran my mouth to pretty much every person that I saw wearing a lacoste shirt or that had a Yeti sticker on their truck. So, losing to them and then getting skull drug in the bowl game was a bitter pill for me.

No excuse for losing that Ole Miss game. For some unknown reason, we played uninspired football when we had everything to play for. Our defense sucked big time, especially when they had a lame QB and an inferior OL. I have no doubt if we had Diaz as the DC coach back then, we would have won. We would have blitzed Wallace and put him on his butt before he had time to throw, and we would have stopped their 160 lb RB's from running all over us.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-11-2015, 11:34 AM

The end of the year to me was like having a great meal then getting dessert that made me sick. I hate the dessert but I'm still going to remember that great meal I had.

Maroonthirteen
05-11-2015, 12:27 PM
Sure, they are a good measuring stick. If we are not beating them, we aren't very good.

Maroonthirteen
05-11-2015, 12:30 PM
For me, it was like dating a 10 for two months. Whose family is rich and her daddy likes you. Then she suddenly dumps you for someone else.

Vancleave
05-11-2015, 12:33 PM
If you have been a fan of either programs for ay length of time you know not to get to high when things are good or to low when things are bad. We are not going to win every game vs them and they will not win every game vs us. It will come back around just be patient

Bama_Dawg
05-11-2015, 02:19 PM
Well, it burns me up. Football, coulda, woulda, shoulda, but choked. Basketball, yeah, we knew that was coming. Baseball, we expected so much more this year. As for this coming year, I expect Football and Basketball to put TSUN back in their place. I fully expect a healthy Dak and Malik will put their respective teams on their backs and will them to win the rivalry games.

Baseball...coin toss, depends on what coaching/attitude changes occur in the off-season.

Westdawg
05-11-2015, 02:42 PM
i think that picture needs to be posted on every single wall, locker, tv screen, weight lifting equipment, text message, cost of living stipend, coaches' checks, door, shown at the beginning of each team meeting, on the external paper of internal AD memos to coaches, staff, players......THE WHOLE LOT OF THEM. Let it burn in deep. and next year, every single one of them better better lay 'em on the table.
I don't like it, and they should know it. I heard a BIG ole miss donor this weekend tell me that he "thinks John Cohen is a great coach. i don't know why some MSU ppl are already ready to get rid of him. He is a great coach for y'all". The last two times i heard this same guy talking good things about one of MSU's coaches, it was him speaking in favor of Rick Ray and Sylvester Croom. Tells me all i need to know. Oh, and he HATES Dan Mullen - said that he is such a divisive person to the people of Mississippi, particularly the fan bases of the two schools.
i like Mullen even more because of that, because i know and so does their intuitive alums/fans that Mullen won't just sit in mediocrity and accept it; he WILL keep getting better.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-11-2015, 03:11 PM
i think that picture needs to be posted on every single wall, locker, tv screen, weight lifting equipment, text message, cost of living stipend, coaches' checks, door, shown at the beginning of each team meeting, on the external paper of internal AD memos to coaches, staff, players......THE WHOLE LOT OF THEM. Let it burn in deep. and next year, every single one of them better better lay 'em on the table.
I don't like it, and they should know it. I heard a BIG ole miss donor this weekend tell me that he "thinks John Cohen is a great coach. i don't know why some MSU ppl are already ready to get rid of him. He is a great coach for y'all". The last two times i heard this same guy talking good things about one of MSU's coaches, it was him speaking in favor of Rick Ray and Sylvester Croom. Tells me all i need to know. Oh, and he HATES Dan Mullen - said that he is such a divisive person to the people of Mississippi, particularly the fan bases of the two schools.
i like Mullen even more because of that, because i know and so does their intuitive alums/fans that Mullen won't just sit in mediocrity and accept it; he WILL keep getting better.

They said the same thing about Mullen the 1st time Freeze beat him. He couldn't beat Freeze & he couldn't outrecruit him either. Anytime they win a few games they love our coach. Mullen gets a lot of extra hate because he throws a lot of hate towards them & they can't stand it. If you think Cohen is in the same ballpark with Ray & Croom well then we shouldn't be having this discussion anyway.

Westdawg
05-11-2015, 03:36 PM
They said the same thing about Mullen the 1st time Freeze beat him. He couldn't beat Freeze & he couldn't outrecruit him either. Anytime they win a few games they love our coach. Mullen gets a lot of extra hate because he throws a lot of hate towards them & they can't stand it. If you think Cohen is in the same ballpark with Ray & Croom well then we shouldn't be having this discussion anyway.
nope, not meaning that at all. but reading back over my last post, i can see how it can be taken that way. If anything, i would just mention that Cohen made several terrible coaching decisions that terribly impacted at least two of his four games against OM - especially that last game. I don't think he is a terrible coach.
what i meant to relay out of my rant earlier was that i cannot stand to lose to Ole Miss. especially to have it happen the way it did in all men's sports. I want that to burn in deep with every player, coach, heck, even the guy washing uniforms the morning after games.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-11-2015, 03:45 PM
nope, not meaning that at all. but reading back over my last post, i can see how it can be taken that way. If anything, i would just mention that Cohen made several terrible coaching decisions that terribly impacted at least two of his four games against OM - especially that last game. I don't think he is a terrible coach.
what i meant to relay out of my rant earlier was that i cannot stand to lose to Ole Miss. especially to have it happen the way it did in all men's sports. I want that to burn in deep with every player, coach, heck, even the guy washing uniforms the morning after games.

Gotcha. I try to stay out of most baseball discussions on here bc it goes to the extreme real quick. Cohen hates to lose more than anyone on this board & he's going to do his best to get this corrected. I have no doubt that he will but when a season goes bad everybody sees things as worse than they really are & this has been a terrible year.

confucius say
05-11-2015, 04:06 PM
Gotcha. I try to stay out of most baseball discussions on here bc it goes to the extreme real quick. Cohen hates to lose more than anyone on this board & he's going to do his best to get this corrected. I have no doubt that he will but when a season goes bad everybody sees things as worse than they really are & this has been a terrible year.

You need to post more about baseball. The crazy on here is deep and perspective is needed. Cohen is not perfect by any means, but people wanting him run off are mental.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-11-2015, 04:08 PM
You need to post more about baseball. The crazy on here is deep and perspective is needed. Cohen is not perfect by any means, but people wanting him run off are mental.

It's not worth it. The entitlement is too deep.

messageboardsuperhero
05-11-2015, 04:27 PM
What pisses me off most about this is that we actually had leads in the 2nd half during five of those seven total games (consider the 5th inning the halfway point of a baseball game). Our sports teams had a collective, gigantic choke job against them this year.

ETA: Actually one of those baseball games I counted as a lead was actually a tie. The point remains though.

IMissJack
05-11-2015, 07:46 PM
I am not worried really about football or basketball for next year, but baseball is very troubling.
The Bears were out in full garb yesterday afternoon and you can't blame them.
I had nothing to say, but that we suck in baseball.

I feel like people need to stop saying that Stricklin is doing such a great job when I see 0-7.

Pollodawg
05-11-2015, 09:30 PM
I feel like people need to stop saying that Stricklin is doing such a great job when I see 0-7.

Strick may be responsible for many things, but he absolutely slammed the basketball hire and we did just enjoy our best season in school history in football. He may not have hired Dan, but he has been instrumental in keeping him here. Donations have grown exponentially under Strick. Adidas finally gave us the uniform that we've wanted for years, and one of the coaches responsible for two of those losses is gone now........Thanks to Strick.

messageboardsuperhero
05-11-2015, 09:44 PM

And what would you have him do about that?

Fire Mullen? LOL.
Fire Cohen? Not going to happen two years removed from a Championship game appearance and one year removed from our best conference record in several years.
Fire Ray? He did that and brought in the most qualified HC we've ever had.

We choked away bunch of leads against them this year. If you want to be mad at someone about that, direct it at the coaches who let their teams loose focus. I have no doubt Stricklin will make sure every coach this offseason knows going 0-7 against UM is unacceptable.

chef dixon
05-11-2015, 11:01 PM
Meh, you lose them all, you just line up and do it all again next year. That's the beauty of it. No one ever truly wins.

Skydawg1
05-11-2015, 11:25 PM
I have not seen this pointed out yet, and if it has been, my bad. But 5 of the 7 games were in Oxford. See y'all in Starkville next year bitches.

Pollodawg
05-12-2015, 11:01 AM
I have not seen this pointed out yet, and if it has been, my bad. But 5 of the 7 games were in Oxford. See y'all in Starkville next year bitches.

This. We will wipe that crap eating grin off that ascot wearing face this Fall.

maroonmania
05-12-2015, 12:05 PM
This. We will wipe that crap eating grin off that ascot wearing face this Fall.

Exactly, only ONE of those 7 games was played in Starkville. Of course the biggest issue (moreso than location of games) is that this is the worst back-to-back basketball/baseball seasons at MSU that I can ever remember at least from the 80s forward. I think we took care of the ineptness in basketball and will have to see how baseball responds next year.

Covercorner2
05-12-2015, 04:42 PM
We signed the better class in February and got Malik Newman. Recruiting is all that matters...

Dawgcentral
05-12-2015, 06:08 PM
With the pieces we have in place, I'm encouraged to think that this is their biggest moment. They've had their fun.

I truly believe that the roles will be completely reversed at this point in time next year. Sure it'll be a long summer, but you just have to bow up and plow through. They are going to be what they are.