PDA

View Full Version : What did Cohen say after the game yesterday?

CadaverDawg
05-10-2015, 10:39 AM
Forces of nature? Baseball Gods?

What did he have to say about that abomination of a finish?

BeardoMSU
05-10-2015, 10:51 AM
http://challengemantra.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/105810-Ill-die-before-I-change-gif-Je-Ea8d.gif

scottycameron
05-10-2015, 11:05 AM
I think injuries to bullpen was main thing. And lots of other injuries. I can't disagree it's a big problem right now. I'm trying to keep in mind that it was all shits and giggles yesterday for 8 2/3 innings. Even after that it was a copy of saturday reversing the teams. Call the third strike and everybody is fine. Don't and it's a program changing clean house problem. That's a little strange.

basedog
05-10-2015, 11:15 AM
He said this team doesn't believe they can win. But he did say that was his fault.

NCDawg
05-10-2015, 11:28 AM
I noted the announcers said Cohen has a coaching philosophy that is sometimes "outside the box". Maybe he should go back to coaching "inside the box".

Dawg61
05-10-2015, 12:28 PM
I noted the announcers said Cohen has a coaching philosophy that is sometimes "outside the box". Maybe he should go back to coaching "inside the box".

This!

Coach34
05-10-2015, 12:34 PM

agree 100%

Dallas_Dawg
05-10-2015, 12:56 PM
The small ball oh philosophy worked with the old balls and one of the best bullpens in the country.
Now, it's time to start recruiting power hitters and pitchers with high K rates. If Cohen acts like Crooms and refuses to adapt, then he should be gone after next year.

I seen it dawg
05-10-2015, 09:37 PM
Get back in the box ****stick

ScottH
05-10-2015, 10:31 PM
Based on out of box results this season, we need to be more in the box than Ron Jeremy in his heyday.

Dawg61
05-10-2015, 11:07 PM
Get back in the box ****stick

Based on out of box results this season, we need to be more in the box than Ron Jeremy in his heyday.

Lol back to back zingers! Now if we can just get Brad Pitt to say "get in the box" like he did in Seven

War Machine Dawg
05-10-2015, 11:14 PM
Forces of nature? Baseball Gods?

What did he have to say about that abomination of a finish?

I thought I heard "that's baseball."

yjnkdawg
05-10-2015, 11:22 PM
Cohen doesn't need to be a Jack in the Box, where he can pop out of the box when he wants too. If that's the case then somebody needs to sit on the box to keep him in the box.

drunkernhelldawg
05-11-2015, 11:03 PM
A lot of our players have done a good job. I'm hoping it's just a down coaching year for Cohen. I suppose he'll get a chance to figure out the right changes.

Todd4State
05-11-2015, 11:16 PM
A lot of our players have done a good job. I'm hoping it's just a down coaching year for Cohen. I suppose he'll get a chance to figure out the right changes.

If history is any indicator, I would guess that he has a better than average chance at turning it around.

1. He has admitted that he knows that there are problems.
2. He has admitted that he knows that the baseball has changed and wanted to delay changes until he could adapt our team to those changes.
3. He has turned things around before- not only at MSU, but also at Kentucky.

So, I would suspect that we will see several major changes ranging from new players, new coaches, probably new bats, etc.

If he doesn't turn it around, most likely it will be because he lost the team and couldn't get them back together. That's really the only major concern I have right now. And even that, I'm not too concerned about because if he can't get it straightened out, he's going to leave someone a group of really good sophomores which should make any transition fairly smooth for any coach- which will ultimately help that coach recruit well going forward.

The team is bad right now- but our program isn't in a bad spot.

Hypnodawg
05-12-2015, 10:44 AM
The team is bad right now- but our program isn't in a bad spot. Last place in the SEC at the end of the season feels like a bad spot. I'm starting to feel like Lady Macbeth.

Todd4State
05-12-2015, 10:55 AM
Last place in the SEC at the end of the season feels like a bad spot. I'm starting to feel like Lady Macbeth.

I hear you. I'm just saying if we have to make changes it wouldn't have to be a total rebuild.

tcdog70
05-12-2015, 02:23 PM
I wish someone would ask him why we bat our fastest batter behind our slowest runner? I think we might have won 4-5 extra games by batting Robson leadoff and either let him straight steal or hit and run every time. Plus the lead off man sometimes gets an extra bat.