PDA

View Full Version : Trying to be as positive as one can be

State82
05-10-2015, 10:24 AM
at this juncture. But, mathematically, we still have a shot at Hoover. I'm probably the only one here that even cares but I really would like to at least show up there. That chance will depend largely on what happens today in UT's dh against Ark and the final UGA game with UK. If UGA and UT lose all three of those games MSU, UGA and UT will all have 8 wins going into next weekend with UGA having 18 losses due to a rainout. We would need help from Arky at UGA but it's a far fetched possibility. Sad, but it's all that's left to make it interesting at this point. If anyone besides me is interested.

Jacksondevildog
05-10-2015, 10:40 AM
This team doesn't deserve Hoover. These seniors, as successful as they have been, also don't deserve Hoover. I've heard rumors of how they "lead" and it's discouraging. We need for their ass to graduate and we need to make some changes in our staff. You lose a team when you play guys that skip workouts and claim that they are captains. That is a MAJOR issue.

Bully13
05-10-2015, 10:41 AM
I honestly don't want this pathetic excuse for a team to make it to hoover. they don't deserve to be there nor do they deserve to wear the unis they are wearing. that goes for the coaches as well. I'm tired of seeing too many smiles from the dugout while we put on this shit show. it's time for it to be over.

BossDawg
05-10-2015, 10:56 AM
I have this feeling that somehow Cohen's attitude divides the team. In other words, some of them give a damn while others don't. For instance, if it's true that some players are skipping workouts and getting to play while others are doing all they can without some sort of recognition, then hell yeah I can see how the team is divided. I'm wondering if some of the players are just so disgusted to the point where they could be sabotaging the rest of the team. You know how things get when people clique-up, so it's gotta be terrible for team chemistry.

I'm not saying that's the problem. I'm saying that it COULD be part of it.

basedog
05-10-2015, 10:58 AM
Regardless how bad things are, I never want us to lose EVER! I'm hoping they make it to Hoover, if they do then they deserve to be there at #12, you can't take that away. I'm not happy from I've seen from this team and Cohen and staff but I want Msu to win.

cbrunt29
05-10-2015, 11:05 AM
Omaha, here we come ****

Todd4State
05-10-2015, 11:25 AM
You want positive? The most positive thing that could possibly happen for us would be for this season to end so that we don't have to suffer anymore. The fact that next weekend is the last week IS positive to me.

To me, making Hoover would not be a positive at all. Knowing us, we'll get hot and make a run like we did in 2005 and then everything will be rainbows and unicorns and bench mob rulez again and we won't make the changes that we need to make us better in the long run.

Jacksondevildog
05-10-2015, 11:30 AM
This.

You want positive? The most positive thing that could possibly happen for us would be for this season to end so that we don't have to suffer anymore. The fact that next weekend is the last week IS positive to me.

To me, making Hoover would not be a positive at all. Knowing us, we'll get hot and make a run like we did in 2005 and then everything will be rainbows and unicorns and bench mob rulez again and we won't make the changes that we need to make us better in the long run.

Todd4State
05-10-2015, 11:33 AM
Regardless how bad things are, I never want us to lose EVER! I'm hoping they make it to Hoover, if they do then they deserve to be there at #12, you can't take that away. I'm not happy from I've seen from this team and Cohen and staff but I want Msu to win.

I think it may be very possible that we could sweep Tennessee and still not make Hoover depending on what Georgia and Alabama do.

basedog
05-10-2015, 01:06 PM
There again Todd, I hope we sweep, I've complained more this year about baseball than I can ever recall. Changes will be coming regardless with players and/or coaches but in say that I have lost confidence Cohen can change enough to survive much longer. He and staff can be replaced and if he was to leave this year I wouldn't be sad.

I just can't ever hope we lose in any sport.

Bothrops
05-10-2015, 01:16 PM
We ain't gonna sweep nobody, but strangely enough, I could see us winning a few games in Hoover.

Todd4State
05-10-2015, 01:20 PM
There again Todd, I hope we sweep, I've complained more this year about baseball than I can ever recall. Changes will be coming regardless with players and/or coaches but in say that I have lost confidence Cohen can change enough to survive much longer. He and staff can be replaced and if he was to leave this year I wouldn't be sad.

I just can't ever hope we lose in any sport.

I have my doubts that he can turn it around too- but the positive there is he is at least saying that he knows that there is a problem. That's the first step to solving the problem. Whether he can or not actually remains to be seen.

basedog
05-10-2015, 03:47 PM
I have my doubts that he can turn it around too- but the positive there is he is at least saying that he knows that there is a problem. That's the first step to solving the problem. Whether he can or not actually remains to be seen.

Cohen knows it, the word is he knows he has to change now, we just don't have enough good players returning that can make us competitive. I just can't believe he let this thing get out of hand so quickly, he definitely fell a sleep at the wheel.

Todd4State
05-10-2015, 04:48 PM
Cohen knows it, the word is he knows he has to change now, we just don't have enough good players returning that can make us competitive. I just can't believe he let this thing get out of hand so quickly, he definitely fell a sleep at the wheel.

I can't either based on his personality. Usually people like that don't allow something like this to happen. And that's probably the most puzzling thing about all of this. My guess is it's a combination of the Bench Mobb stuff, trying to cater to some of our fans who didn't like his intensity being directed at players during games and assuming that by going to Omaha he could let off the gas a little bit in that arena, and trusting our recruiters evaluations of recruits personality traits too much which now in hindsight were way off.

We'll see if the rumors of a massive purge come to fruition, but I hope it does because I don't want the bad attitudes rubbing off on the players that we bring in who have a mindset much more like Ryan Gridley.

Tbonewannabe
05-10-2015, 06:10 PM
I can't either based on his personality. Usually people like that don't allow something like this to happen. And that's probably the most puzzling thing about all of this. My guess is it's a combination of the Bench Mobb stuff, trying to cater to some of our fans who didn't like his intensity being directed at players during games and assuming that by going to Omaha he could let off the gas a little bit in that arena, and trusting our recruiters evaluations of recruits personality traits too much which now in hindsight were way off.

We'll see if the rumors of a massive purge come to fruition, but I hope it does because I don't want the bad attitudes rubbing off on the players that we bring in who have a mindset much more like Ryan Gridley.

If we are competitive playing a ton of freshmen, I can live with not making a Regional. I don't want to see another 9th inning meltdown next year that is just the team folding. One thing to have to recruit talent but it is another to not have the cojones to compete.

Dawgcentral
05-10-2015, 06:44 PM
I want to beat TN. I want to play in the tourney. No one's going to fire Cohen this year. Getting into the tourney doesn't convince Cohen that nothing's wrong with the way things are going.

Until someone reliable here says the team captains are indeed missing workouts, it's all just a rumor. So I think we can base what's wrong on something besides that. Those rumors ALWAYS pop up when teams are losing.

I don't see guys continuing to play under Cohen when they are missing workouts. We all know he's stubborn as hell. Someone who knows for sure can feel free to correct me, but all I've seen up until now is conjecture on that matter.

State82
05-10-2015, 07:17 PM
Oh well, Georgia pretty much nailed it down anyway this afternoon. They beat UK in Lexington 6-1. We would have to win 2 more than them and they are at home against Ark. We can go ahead and pack everything up and sit and watch what happens over the next couple of months with the administration and MLB draft.

War Machine Dawg
05-10-2015, 07:18 PM
I honestly don't want this pathetic excuse for a team to make it to hoover. they don't deserve to be there nor do they deserve to wear the unis they are wearing. that goes for the coaches as well. I'm tired of seeing too many smiles from the dugout while we put on this shit show. it's time for it to be over.

+1

The sooner this nightmare of a season ends, the better for everyone - fans, players, and coaches. Cohen can start cleaning house early. So far as I'm concerned (which means nothing), he's on the clock and coaching for his job the second the last out of 2015 is recorded. And we should wear black jerseys and black hats with no logo, coaches included, until we've earned back the right to wear the M-over-S. Because no one deserves to wear that hallowed logo right now.

State82
05-10-2015, 07:31 PM
Because no one deserves to wear that hallowed logo right now.

No way to argue this point at the present time.