PDA

View Full Version : Is 2015...

Tripp McNeely
05-09-2015, 10:37 PM
...maybe the most ironic year in the history of MSU athletics? 10 wins, #1 team in the country for 5 weeks, BCS bowl...sub .500 in baseball and "turribal" in basketball??

We DESPERATELY need 6 of 7 in the "big 3" to be in Starkvegas next ye?r!

War Machine Dawg
05-09-2015, 10:44 PM
The Dead Injuns extracted their pound of flesh from hoops and Cohenball for allowing us football success.

Liverpooldawg
05-09-2015, 11:38 PM
I was on here posting that the football season was a disaster because we lost to THEM. With the time that passed that has faded and the fact that we were #1 for 5 weeks remains. They can't claim that because in their "storied history" they never were ranked #1 that long in total in a major poll. I don't worry about baseball at all, because it is a niche sport like women's basketball. We owned them in that this year. Basketball sucks but they just gave the international incident an extention and we hired a REAL coach after the last few years in the wilderness. All I will ever remeber from this year was that golden day when Auburn came calling and the national spotlight was on Starkville as never before. What a glorious day it was. Thanks Dan!

AFDawg
05-10-2015, 12:45 AM
In the grand scheme of things, I thought the basketball season turned out pretty great.

scottycameron
05-10-2015, 09:19 AM
watch the egg bowl again, it will knock off a lot of that irony. It's been a bad year since the Bama game. The first couple months were the best e ver.

maroonmania
05-10-2015, 09:25 AM
I have no reservation in saying that this is the worst back to back basketball and baseball seasons ever in my memory. We've been really bad in one or the other at times but I can't remember ever a year when we had this bad a season in both in the same year.