PDA

View Full Version : Has a MSU basbeall team ever fielded this amount of PU$$IES EVAH?

Bully13
05-09-2015, 10:17 PM
I've never seen this many pu$$ies EVAH!!! what a bunch of ****less wonders... WOW..

ShotgunDawg
05-09-2015, 10:23 PM
I've never seen this many pu$$ies EVAH!!! what a bunch of ****less wonders... WOW..

There is definitely some looking into the mirror that has to be done. I have no problem saying that this is the worst MSU team of my lifetime. I'm sure someone may be able to dig up a worse season, but this the most, no excuse, team of my lifetime. At some point during the off season, pride has to set in for these boys.

msstate7
05-09-2015, 10:32 PM
There is definitely some looking into the mirror that has to be done. I have no problem saying that this is the worst MSU team of my lifetime. I'm sure someone may be able to dig up a worse season, but this the most, no excuse, team of my lifetime. At some point during the off season, pride has to set in for these boys.

I'd just assume clean house.

Smitty
05-09-2015, 10:36 PM
pride

No such thing for these pre-madonna millennials.

Rayburn8
05-10-2015, 12:32 AM
From what I heard is that there will be a lot of turnover this fall with Baseball. As someone sarcastically put it "Cohen hates his baseball team."

Todd4State
05-10-2015, 12:44 AM
From what I heard is that there will be a lot of turnover this fall with Baseball. As someone sarcastically put it "Cohen hates his baseball team."

Well, he is the one that ultimately put it together. I just don't get how he ALLOWED it to happen.

basedog
05-10-2015, 05:12 AM
Former player told me a week ago at least 12 players would not be back. Problems exist and with coaches as well. Cohen lost the team a long time ago as we can see, and now fans have lost the faith in Cohen. He was given time to straighten out the mess Polk created, now he Cohen has his own mess he created and I'm not sure he can recover enough.

Just repeating what I was told and what I'm seeing, being 8-19 with a chance of being the worse team and having the most losses in Msu history as for as Sec games can't be ignored, especially after 7 years. Cohen and staff have some serious issues, they are responsible and are the problem cause they brought the current players to play at Msu.

There is no excuse for this, quite blaming the players, they are what Cohen and staff bought into and created when they signed them. Leadership always starts at the top.

shoeless joe
05-10-2015, 05:55 AM
No such thing for these pre-madonna millennials.

These kids weren't even born before Madonna so not sure how they can be pre madonnas?
Now if you meant to say prima Donna then I would agree with your post.

Ralph
05-10-2015, 06:27 AM
Maybe it'll get better post-Madonna?

Smitty
05-10-2015, 06:57 AM
These kids weren't even born before Madonna so not sure how they can be pre madonnas?

It's an old SPS joke

I seen it dawg
05-10-2015, 07:06 AM
Former player told me a week ago at least 12 players would not be back. Problems exist and with coaches as well. Cohen lost the team a long time ago as we can see, and now fans have lost the faith in Cohen. He was given time to straighten out the mess Polk created, now he Cohen has his own mess he created and I'm not sure he can recover enough.

Just repeating what I was told and what I'm seeing, being 8-19 with a chance of being the worse team and having the most losses in Msu history as for as Sec games can't be ignored, especially after 7 years. Cohen and staff have some serious issues, they are responsible and are the problem cause they brought the current players to play at Msu.

There is no excuse for this, quite blaming the players, they are what Cohen and staff bought into and created when they signed them. Leadership always starts at the top.

Need new NON-MSU blood running things. The 12 players can be joined by the coaching staff. Except for the first base coach...whoever he is for any given game.

Coach34
05-10-2015, 08:42 AM

pre-Madonna is an old Sixpack joke where one poster literally thought that was how it was spelled.

Todd4State
05-10-2015, 08:56 AM

Not that I am proud to point this out or that it makes a difference, but we went 6-24 in Cohen's second year in SEC play.

Other than that, I agree with what you are saying.

My question though is he including seniors in his body count total? We lose eight seniors, we've essentially cut three underclassmen already. I'm not saying that he is wrong, but 12 seems a little high to me. That would mean that we are only returning 15 players from this year. Now, that said- I hope he is right.

scottycameron
05-10-2015, 09:25 AM

Madonna wasn't born Madonna. She had a real name. Wasn't Madonna until she was old, that's what he means by Madonna. Not before her, before the "name".
Duh.

shoeless joe
05-10-2015, 09:38 AM
pre-Madonna is an old Sixpack joke where one poster literally thought that was how it was spelled.

It was said "tongue-in-cheek"...

Since I have nothin more to add to any baseball posts

basedog
05-10-2015, 11:07 AM
Not that I am proud to point this out or that it makes a difference, but we went 6-24 in Cohen's second year in SEC play.

Other than that, I agree with what you are saying.

My question though is he including seniors in his body count total? We lose eight seniors, we've essentially cut three underclassmen already. I'm not saying that he is wrong, but 12 seems a little high to me. That would mean that we are only returning 15 players from this year. Now, that said- I hope he is right.

He told me it was underclassmen, I said to him then I guess we will have a whole new team with pretty much all players, he said that was the plan. He also said the players have no balls and they have no respect for Cohen and the staff. I think too many speeches to try and get players fired up has gone bad and now Cohen is trying to regroup.

I don't think you have to give rah rah speeches to baseball players, so much dead time, unlike football where u need motivation talk as well as basketball, that's the ex basketball coach speaking now.

Mjoelner34
05-10-2015, 12:08 PM
I don't think you have to give rah rah speeches to baseball players, so much dead time, unlike football where u need motivation talk as well as basketball, that's the ex basketball coach speaking now.

I don't think you can discount the constant screwing with the lineup and players being asked to bunt (sometimes with a runner at 2nd base) as tearing down any confidence and rhythm a player might get. Seems to me that in the last couple weeks the number of bunt attempts have gone down and batting averages have gone up.

Todd4State
05-10-2015, 01:27 PM
I don't think you can discount the constant screwing with the lineup and players being asked to bunt (sometimes with a runner at 2nd base) as tearing down any confidence and rhythm a player might get. Seems to me that in the last couple weeks the number of bunt attempts have gone down and batting averages have gone up.

Hey look! It's one of Smitty's seven usernames.

Todd4State
05-10-2015, 01:30 PM
He told me it was underclassmen, I said to him then I guess we will have a whole new team with pretty much all players, he said that was the plan. He also said the players have no balls and they have no respect for Cohen and the staff. I think too many speeches to try and get players fired up has gone bad and now Cohen is trying to regroup.

That makes sense because the guys that we have heard rumors about getting kicked off are all underclassmen. I think some people will be surprised at who is and isn't probably coming back.

Dallas_Dawg
05-10-2015, 01:53 PM
That makes sense because the guys that we have heard rumors about getting kicked off are all underclassmen. I think some people will be surprised at who is and isn't probably coming back.
Give us some names of guys that may not be back

Todd4State
05-10-2015, 02:38 PM
Give us some names of guys that may not be back

We all know about Stover, Mahoney, and Young.

I'm not going to pretend to act like I know who all isn't coming back- because I honestly don't know. I think some of it is going to be dependent on what happens with the MLB draft, so I don't think anything is set in stone.

BUT I will say that one player that I think won't be back that will surprise people is Reid Humphreys. I could see Holland getting the axe. I could see most of the bullpen guys leaving- especially the ones we haven't seen very much of. I think we will probably keep Lovelady because of the fact that he is a catcher and you don't want to be thin at that position. I think Spruill is probably on the block. I think Robson might leave via the draft. Swinarski is probably on the block.

And all of the above paragraph is just educated guessing on my part judging by actions on and off the field.

MSUDawg99
05-10-2015, 07:45 PM

Actually Neal McCready was quoted using that term & Hugh Killsomeburgers always tweets that to poke fun at him & we all know what a farkstick McCready is.

MSUDawg99
05-10-2015, 07:53 PM
]We all know about Stover, Mahoney, and Young.

Im friends with Mahoneys uncle. Havent heard anything. Im a lil behind obvs. Whats goin on with Mahoney? Honest question. Just curious.

Homedawg
05-10-2015, 07:56 PM
Where is Reid going to go? To a d2 school? We catered to him by letting him play in the field and he was a disaster out there. He's a dh at this point. Surely we won't let mike trout leave. ***

Homedawg
05-10-2015, 07:59 PM
If as many people leave and we lose as many in the draft as some think, we won't have 35 on the roster. I'm willing to bet we have 35, just saying.

Todd4State
05-10-2015, 08:15 PM
Where is Reid going to go? To a d2 school? We catered to him by letting him play in the field and he was a disaster out there. He's a dh at this point. Surely we won't let mike trout leave. ***

Belhaven or Delta State.

MSUDawg99
05-10-2015, 08:49 PM
Todd, what bout Mahoney? I'm not in the know on what's goin on with him.

CadaverDawg
05-10-2015, 08:54 PM
IMO it would be a shame if Hump leaves. And if we don't have actual knowledge of that being likely, I don't think it should be discussed...but that's just my personal opinion.

BankerDog
05-10-2015, 08:55 PM
Todd, I can ASSURE YOU Hump and Holland aren't leaving.

CadaverDawg
05-10-2015, 08:57 PM
Todd, I can ASSURE YOU Hump and Holland aren't leaving.

Good. Then let's put that to bed.

Todd4State
05-10-2015, 09:03 PM
Todd, what bout Mahoney? I'm not in the know on what's goin on with him.

He's not on the team anymore. He hasn't been on the team since the beginning of the year though.

Tripp McNeely
05-11-2015, 12:41 PM
Here's a rough breakdown of the numbers:

26 returning players (not including Stover, Young or Mahoney)
+ 21 signees
- Subtract 3-4 of those to the draft...

That leaves 43-44 players competing for 35 spots.

I'm glad that those are decisions that I don't have to make.

MSUDawg99
05-11-2015, 02:18 PM
He's not on the team anymore. He hasn't been on the team since the beginning of the year though.

Hmmm...that's interesting. I asked his uncle bout a month ago & he said he's still on the team. Who knows.

RAYn_Man
05-11-2015, 03:30 PM
Can we get back to the fact that Todd thinks REID HUMPHREYS is going to play at BELHAVEN.