PDA

View Full Version : Wow

CadaverDawg
05-09-2015, 08:05 PM
Just wow.

What a dumpster fire this has become.

Dawgface
05-09-2015, 08:08 PM
I don't see how anyone can support Cohen at this point.

HereComesTheSpiral
05-09-2015, 08:09 PM
This is reaching hiroshima levels of destruction.

msstate7
05-09-2015, 08:10 PM
Meanwhile I'm melting at Chernobyl levels

DownwardDawg
05-09-2015, 08:14 PM
Just wow.

What a dumpster fire this has become.

Amen brother

Dawgface
05-09-2015, 08:15 PM
Thank god the liquor stores are open.

Okrastar1
05-09-2015, 08:18 PM
For sale signs in the yard time boys!!!

starkvegasdawg
05-09-2015, 08:20 PM
One lousy out and we can't get it. Unreal how nutless this team has become.

maroonmania
05-09-2015, 08:23 PM

Yea, with chances on about 5 or 6 different batters to get it. And 3 of those batters didn't even have to take the bat off their shoulder. They were either walked or hit by a pitch. Had a similar meltdown last week in the 3rd game against LSU. A miracle we ended up winning that one.

engie
05-09-2015, 08:39 PM
Need an avatar update with a paper bag pls. Just seems appropriate for right now...

scottycameron
05-09-2015, 08:43 PM
Meanwhile I'm melting at Chernobyl levels

Me too. I hope you at least had the foresight to have a containment structure around the meltdown (which the ukrainians did not). Also remember they ran and produced power until 2000, and 300 folks never left the town and are still there. Off topic, but Chernobyl is one of my interests.

HancockCountyDog
05-09-2015, 08:43 PM

Worse than that, we were one strike away from winning.

After Collins pretended that the ump had called a third K on a ball that wasn't that close, the baseball gods ****ed us.

Then again, it's mostly a blur I'm drinking heavily.

Dawg61
05-09-2015, 08:44 PM
People are still watching? I stopped watching a month ago. Way way too many other good sports going on to subject yourself to Cohenball.

msstate7
05-09-2015, 08:48 PM
People are still watching? I stopped watching a month ago. Way way too many other good sports going on to subject yourself to Cohenball.

Some of us are cursed and can't not follow miss state sports. I suffered thru basketball and every baseball game now. I'm not gonna lie I'm ragged right now supporting these teams. I'm ready for this to be over. I need a break, although my struggle will continue with the Braves haha. Football can't get here soon enough

maroonmania
05-09-2015, 09:03 PM
Some of us are cursed and can't not follow miss state sports. I suffered thru basketball and every baseball game now. I'm not gonna lie I'm ragged right now supporting these teams. I'm ready for this to be over. I need a break, although my struggle will continue with the Braves haha. Football can't get here soon enough

Luckily the season's end is not far away and then we get a 3 month break.

War Machine Dawg
05-09-2015, 09:14 PM

Right there with ya, bro. Throw in Hull City staring at relegation in the EPL and my sports 2015 has been super shitty outside of the Grizz. And even they collapsed down the stretch. Wish I had MLS ticket so I could watch the Seattle Sounders regularly. Going to be a long wait for fall practice to start.

MsStateBaseball
05-09-2015, 09:20 PM
Well, I certainly can't predict meltdown s. Everything has gone wrong. Big meeting w Strickland, big exit meetings w players, big big draft day. Biggest draft day in msu baseball history, why, we lose a lot, going to be rough next year.

msstate7
05-09-2015, 09:24 PM
Well, I certainly can't predict meltdown s. Everything has gone wrong. Big meeting w Strickland, big exit meetings w players, big big draft day. Biggest draft day in msu baseball history, why, we lose a lot, going to be rough next year.

If our big commits get drafted, I can't see them turning down mlb for this

MsStateBaseball
05-09-2015, 09:43 PM
The coaches will say to these big recruits, you will start or play a bunch guaranteed, that might make them stay.

msstate7
05-09-2015, 09:47 PM
The coaches will say to these big recruits, you will start or play a bunch guaranteed, that might make them stay.

Hope you're right

War Machine Dawg
05-09-2015, 09:51 PM

Playing time they have to pay for versus playing time that gets them paid. Doesn't seem like a hard choice to me.

msstate7
05-09-2015, 10:09 PM
Playing time they have to pay for versus playing time that gets them paid. Doesn't seem like a hard choice to me.

Unless you're from an affluent family, going to college as a decent draft pick is crazy to me esp when mlb teams are offering to pay for college later. Pay to play or pay for play... It doesn't seem like a hard decision to me

Dawg61
05-09-2015, 10:23 PM

This baseball season is like watching the entirety of the two games Croom played vs West Virginia. No point really unless you are a glutton for punishment. I'll give Cohen one more shot next year for getting us to the NC series but I have a feeling my hook will be short and this time I'll be asking for a new HC. Cohen's last year here has officially started for me. By this time next year I expect Cohen will be on his way out. He of course can change that if he improves dramatically.

maroonmania
05-10-2015, 07:20 AM
Unless you're from an affluent family, going to college as a decent draft pick is crazy to me esp when mlb teams are offering to pay for college later. Pay to play or pay for play... It doesn't seem like a hard decision to me

There is a lot more to it than that unless you are signing for life changing money in the first couple of rounds. There is a lot to be said for totally giving up your college experience in life (something you will never really get back) and then spending years in the minor leagues riding buses in front of small passionless crowds for chump change. With the new signing bonus system the money rolls off pretty rapidly after the first 2 or 3 rounds. As others have mentioned, at least we will be able to offer a lot of immediate playing time. And just being honest, most guys that grow up playing baseball their whole life from little league up don't usually come from destitute situations.

I seen it dawg
05-10-2015, 07:30 AM
I don't mind next season being a bunch of freshman playing as long as they play with passion and work their ass off. This ****ing trash these older guys are running on the field with is unacceptable. We should have had Sr. day Bama weekend and told them their services were no longer needed as of Monday morning.