PDA

View Full Version : First time since the 70s.....

War Machine Dawg
05-09-2015, 07:44 PM
That Mississippi has swept us in the Big 3. Unacceptable.

Dawgface
05-09-2015, 07:47 PM
I guess we truly are little brother.

cbrunt29
05-09-2015, 07:49 PM
For this year, yes. We will beat them in football and basketball next year. Baseball will probably be the same

RIdog
05-09-2015, 07:53 PM
That Mississippi has swept us in the Big 3. Unacceptable.

1972 I was a freshman . :mad:

maroonmania
05-09-2015, 07:56 PM
Well we should be proud, our pitching staff had to work REALLY hard in that 9th inning to give OM the sweep. Nothing like giving up walks and HBPs when you just need one out to close out the game.

SDDawg
05-09-2015, 08:54 PM

Nah.

Liverpooldawg
05-09-2015, 10:18 PM
That tells you we have passed them by.

Beckerdawg
05-10-2015, 07:38 AM
When was the last time we swept them? I'm going to need the info for work tomorrow.

MaxedOutMaroon
05-10-2015, 08:02 AM
Was there athletic program better than ours this year? More than likely.
Did they sweep us in the three major sports? Yes.
But I will say this, which athletic program is trending up? Ours.
Defense crumbles in football; therefore, we lose to OM, when we are obviously the better team. How do we respond? We get rid of the bad apple (Coach Collins) and seek a better coach. Also, win the recruiting battle.
We compete with them in basketball but lose with a bad coach. How do we respond? Seek a better coach and come up with a home run hire in Howland and bring in Malik Newman.
Finally baseball, we get swept by an average OM team, because our awkward batting shenanigans and lack of pitching relievers. I fully expect Cohen to make changes.
I look at OM, and they look to be trending down. They've peeked in all three sports, and I don't see them rising as high as there teams have been these last three years for years to come.
We are fine people. This year hurts, but the future is bright. That's why I am not fretting over this year.