PDA

View Full Version : Going forward to next season

msstate7
05-09-2015, 01:26 PM
Robson -- what are the chances of getting him back? I think he could have an outstanding senior year if he does.

Houston and Hudson -- these 2 could be the foundation to a much improved bullpen if they continue to progress.

Sexton -- I think he could potentially be our Friday night guy.

Tatum -- if we can find some starters, I think he would be best out of the pen.

Collins -- I think he could finally put together a complete (avg and power) next year once he's fully healthy. I would like to see a position move if we can find a better defensive catcher. I love Collins, but not crazy about this catching ability.

Hump/rooker -- these 2 could develop into the pop guys we need in the middle of our lineup.

Reynolds -- is the guy we've seen lately the real Reynolds or the guy we saw at the start of the year? I like to think he's figured it out. We need him to plug in between Collins, hump, and rooker bc our middle lineup guys all seem to be right handed.

Gridley -- I've been tough on gridley this year, but he's starting to win me over. I think he could be a very nice player next season.

Biggest needs:

1. Starters -- can McCord be a weekend starter? Will brown be back?

2. Left handed power -- I mentioned putting Reynolds between Collins, hump, and rooker, but I'd rather have a guy with more pop

Thoughts?

ShotgunDawg
05-09-2015, 01:43 PM
Robson -- what are the chances of getting him back? I think he could have an outstanding senior year if he does.

Houston and Hudson -- these 2 could be the foundation to a much improved bullpen if they continue to progress.

Sexton -- I think he could potentially be our Friday night guy.

Tatum -- if we can find some starters, I think he would be best out of the pen.

Collins -- I think he could finally put together a complete (avg and power) next year once he's fully healthy. I would like to see a position move if we can find a better defensive catcher. I love Collins, but not crazy about this catching ability.

Hump/rooker -- these 2 could develop into the pop guys we need in the middle of our lineup.

Reynolds -- is the guy we've seen lately the real Reynolds or the guy we saw at the start of the year? I like to think he's figured it out. We need him to plug in between Collins, hump, and rooker bc our middle lineup guys all seem to be right handed.

Gridley -- I've been tough on gridley this year, but he's starting to win me over. I think he could be a very nice player next season.

Biggest needs:

1. Starters -- can McCord be a weekend starter? Will brown be back?

2. Left handed power -- I mentioned putting Reynolds between Collins, hump, and rooker, but I'd rather have a guy with more pop

Thoughts?

It's likely that no MLB teams have any of our underclassmen other than Austin Sexton turned into their system as a potential draft pick. Unless those guys transfer, they'll be back.

We be bad

dawgoneyall
05-09-2015, 01:47 PM
Put dirt back at home plate and instantly we are better at catcher.

msstate7
05-09-2015, 02:08 PM
Put dirt back at home plate and instantly we are better at catcher.

I haven't seen other catchers have the issues we have.

preachermatt83
05-09-2015, 02:23 PM
Hudson will be a weekend starter next year, likely the Friday night guy
Daniel brown needs to work exclusively on control. If he can gain control he could be a filthy closer. He has the stuff
If Preston Brown is in our weekend rotation next year we will def be bad again.
Houston can be either a great long reliever or a starter. He and Hudson have by far the best "lights out" stuff on the staff
Tatum should be our midweek guy and maybe a Saturday short reliever
I'm not as high on Sexton as some of you are. I think he would be a good addition to the pen if we can can one of these freshmen on campus and have them compete for a weekend roll
Verdict is still out on McCord.
Mintz will be a solid reliever