PDA

View Full Version : #3 draft pick- Dante Fowler of Jags- tears ACL 1st day of camp

Coach34
05-08-2015, 08:28 PM
holy shit it sux to be in Jacksonville right now

BrunswickDawg
05-08-2015, 08:34 PM
Yeah, local sports talk sounded like it was being hosted by Eeyore and Droopy Dog on the way home this afternoon. Every decision they have made since cleaning house at the end of the Coughlin/Brunnel/Taylor era has been wrong or snakebit.

Dallas_Dawg
05-08-2015, 11:30 PM
Should have known better. How many Florida first round picks turn out to be studs? Travis Taylor, Derrick Harvey, Percy harvin, Jacquez green, sharif Floyd, Reggie Nelson... And that's just the tip top of my head

War Machine Dawg
05-08-2015, 11:40 PM
Should have known better. How many Florida first round picks turn out to be studs? Travis Taylor, Derrick Harvey, Percy harvin, Jacquez green, sharif Floyd, Reggie Nelson... And that's just the tip top of my head

Uhhh.....Percy Harvin is a Super Bowl MVP. When he's healthy, which is admittedly a problem for him, he's one of the elite WRs in the game. I'd throw a party if the Texans traded for him tomorrow, even knowing he might only play 4-6 games all season. Because he'd ball out in those 4-6 games.

War Machine Dawg
05-08-2015, 11:42 PM
I think I'd quit football if the Jags drafted me. It might be the ultimate black hole of the NFL. And that's saying something with the Raiders, Browns, and 'Skins.

Dawg61
05-08-2015, 11:48 PM
holy shit it sux to be in Jacksonville right now

I thought it was a bad pick to begin with. They did get Yeldon though and I think he's going to be a solid NFL back. Jags play every year in London. I won't be surprised if they are permanently in London in the next ten years. Owner owns an EPL team too.

Todd4State
05-08-2015, 11:53 PM
I thought it was a bad pick to begin with. They did get Yeldon though and I think he's going to be a solid NFL back. Jags play every year in London. I won't be surprised if they are permanently in London in the next ten years. Owner owns an EPL team too.

While what you are saying is true, what I personally want to see is the Rams move back to Los Angeles and then the Jaguars move to St. Louis and play in the AFC South along with Indianapolis, Houston, and Tennessee.

I'd like to see the NFL re-boot the 49ers/Rams San Francisco/Los Angeles rivalry.

Dawg61
05-08-2015, 11:59 PM
While what you are saying is true, what I personally want to see is the Rams move back to Los Angeles and then the Jaguars move to St. Louis and play in the AFC South along with Indianapolis, Houston, and Tennessee.

I'd like to see the NFL re-boot the 49ers/Rams San Francisco/Los Angeles rivalry.

I only want to see a permanent London team if USA gets a permanent EPL team. One soccer team for all of USA to root for. Don't bother telling me all the reasons why that won't happen. I know them already. It's what I want to see. It'd be ****ing awesome to have a Boston or New York team playing vs Manchester United or Chelsea etc...sorry for the thread hijack. Back to football talk.

trob115
05-09-2015, 12:01 AM
Unless the water crisis in California is solved, there won't be any teams moving out there in the near future.

Dawg61
05-09-2015, 12:11 AM
Unless the water crisis in California is solved, there won't be any teams moving out there in the near future.

Eventually Cali will start turning seawater into drinking water. Santa Barbara will start doing it next year. It's expensive but it works.

SDDawg
05-09-2015, 12:33 AM
Eventually Cali will start turning seawater into drinking water. Santa Barbara will start doing it next year. It's expensive but it works.

Biggest desalination plant on the West coast opens in my city later this year. (Carlsbad) There will be 20+ plants in the next 5 - 7 years. It costs about .01 per gallon more today but it definitely works.