PDA

View Full Version : I dont care how- but it better improve in 2016

Coach34
05-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Ive watched all of this shit I can watch this Spring. I'm done

Bucky Dog
05-08-2015, 08:09 PM
But Coach you just said the other day we need to chill out and quit acting like its 1985. I'm just saying.

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-08-2015, 08:12 PM
If we open a new Dudy Noble in 2017 or 2018, I can't see christening a new stadium with Cohen if he puts this same shitshow on display next year and/or the next.

Coach34
05-08-2015, 08:12 PM
But Coach you just said the other day we need to chill out and quit acting like its 1985. I'm just saying.

What I said the other day is 100% true

And what I am saying today is true- 1 down year happens. 2 years not so much. This shit better get fixed

Coach34
05-08-2015, 08:14 PM
If we open a new Dudy Noble in 2017 or 2018, I can't see christening a new stadium with Cohen if he puts this same shitshow on display next year and/or the next.

Next year is Dudy Noble's last as is. Who the coach is doesnt matter. It's getting built

maroonmania
05-08-2015, 08:19 PM

Well you lasted longer than me. I can tell by the threads on here that we are losing tonight but I'm not watching it nor have I done anything to even check the score.

lfl
05-08-2015, 08:29 PM

They say a coach can rarely ever win back fans and Cohen has lost a large number of the fans this year. Even if he has a good year next year, the next bad year he has, he is gone. Why don't we just clean house now? It sure as hell worked out with basketball, and we damn sure have a better program to sell in baseball than we did in basketball. I know that in baseball you can turn things around quickly, and Cohen isn't getting fired this year, but what is it going to take to get MSU back to an elite team? Do we really believe Cohen can do that? I'm not talking about getting hot at the right time. I'm talking about expecting to compete for the SEC title, hosting regionals most years, and dominating Ole Miss like they are doing to us now. MSU baseball has the resources to do this, but do we have the coach?

BrunswickDawg
05-08-2015, 08:29 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-T1pytYV7snE/UkdEr5fikCI/AAAAAAAAKIU/eplzDePZS7M/s1600/MSU_Drink_OldSchool_scratch.png

IMissJack
05-08-2015, 08:33 PM
Here's an idea, lose the cute shirts, the stupid bench mob, and all the crap and get some tough nosed players.

Smitty
05-08-2015, 08:35 PM
What is it going to take to get MSU back to an elite team? Do we really believe Cohen can do that? I'm not talking about getting hot at the right time. I'm talking about expecting to compete for the SEC title, hosting regionals most years, and dominating Ole Miss like they are doing to us now. MSU baseball has the resources to do this, but do we have the coach?

I think we all know deep down the answer to that question. Any asshole can get hot, but the numbers we ran show hosting is the key to Omaha and SUSTAINED success, and Cohen will never do that with regularity.

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-08-2015, 08:38 PM
Next year is Dudy Noble's last as is. Who the coach is doesnt matter. It's getting built

I wasn't saying it wasn't getting built. I was saying I can't see Cohen being the coach if he puts this shitshow on the field again next year.

msstate7
05-08-2015, 08:41 PM
Reynolds and Houston are giving me a little hope for next season. They're coming on

Coach34
05-08-2015, 08:42 PM
I think we all know deep down the answer to that question. Any asshole can get hot, but the numbers we ran show hosting is the key to Omaha and SUSTAINED success, and Cohen will never do that with regularity.

Cohen has finished in the final 16 2 of the last 4 years...thats solid. He just better not miss the NCAA's 2 years straight

War Machine Dawg
05-08-2015, 09:48 PM

As much as we make fun of Bianco, the fact is he kills it when it comes to hosting. There's a reason they've been the better program over the course of the last 10-12 years, and it starts with hosting. F you Cohen and Polk II that I even have to think those words, much less actually "say" them.

MsStateBaseball
05-08-2015, 09:56 PM
We will be better by the plain fact Cohen will be fired if we aren't dramatically better. I'm really talking offense, Butch will be fine with the talent coming in. But hitters better be coming and they better be hitting HRs. This is Crooms offense.

Todd4State
05-08-2015, 10:43 PM
They say a coach can rarely ever win back fans and Cohen has lost a large number of the fans this year. Even if he has a good year next year, the next bad year he has, he is gone. Why don't we just clean house now? It sure as hell worked out with basketball, and we damn sure have a better program to sell in baseball than we did in basketball. I know that in baseball you can turn things around quickly, and Cohen isn't getting fired this year, but what is it going to take to get MSU back to an elite team? Do we really believe Cohen can do that? I'm not talking about getting hot at the right time. I'm talking about expecting to compete for the SEC title, hosting regionals most years, and dominating Ole Miss like they are doing to us now. MSU baseball has the resources to do this, but do we have the coach?

It's very simple. Our pitching needs to get better. Bitch about the offense all y'all want, but the pitching has killed us this year.

To be elite, we have to get elite pitching. I loved Holder, Lindgren, and even Ross until he started to wear a skirt and play cheerleader- but we've got to have 2-3 Chris Stratton's to win championships. And we need them to be elite before their junior year. We've got to find a way to get the Ethan Small, Gray Fenter, Kale Breaux, etc. to come to school.

Look at Vanderbilt. They really don't get a ton of elite hitters- and sure, they get a Pedro Alvarez and people like that from time to time but the guys that they do land really well are elite pitchers.

You look at our rotation now- it's a JUCO, a former walk-on, and a sophomore who will be good- but isn't quite refined yet. And yes, our bullpen is a trainwreck for the most part, but even with a good bullpen we're only going to go so far with that rotation.

In the past we've missed out on a couple like Touki Touissant and Dylan Cease in terms of getting a commitment from them, but we're starting to at least get commitments from them now. You've got the guys I mentioned above and then the next class has Mitchell Miller and Chad Spea in it. And then once we get the commitments, then we have to get the to school.

Todd4State
05-08-2015, 10:45 PM
As much as we make fun of Bianco, the fact is he kills it when it comes to hosting. There's a reason they've been the better program over the course of the last 10-12 years, and it starts with hosting. F you Cohen and Polk II that I even have to think those words, much less actually "say" them.

That's more about Godwin than it is hosting regionals. Especially since we've hosted the exact same amount of regionals that Ole Miss has the past five years. The five-seven years before that since you mentioned 10-12 was more about Polk II.

War Machine Dawg
05-08-2015, 10:47 PM
We will be better by the plain fact Cohen will be fired if we aren't dramatically better. I'm really talking offense, Butch will be fine with the talent coming in. But hitters better be coming and they better be hitting HRs. This is Crooms offense.

You know it's bad when MsStateBaseball is equating our baseball offense to Crxxm's offense. Cohen is on the verge of losing even the most loyal, maroon kool-aid drinking amongst us.

War Machine Dawg
05-08-2015, 10:49 PM
That's more about Godwin than it is hosting regionals. Especially since we've hosted the exact same amount of regionals that Ole Miss has the past five years. The five-seven years before that since you mentioned 10-12 was more about Polk II.

And I mentioned Polk II. Fact of the matter is, they've passed us outside of a three week run two years ago. That's on Polk AND Cohen, like it or not. And it ain't all Godwin, either. A certain Dan McDonnell at Louisville played a big part. Truth is Bianco is good at hiring great assistants to help him run the ship. That's what good coaches do and he has to get credit for seeing the talent and hiring them.

Todd4State
05-08-2015, 10:55 PM
You know it's bad when MsStateBaseball is equating our baseball offense to Crxxm's offense. Cohen is on the verge of losing even the most loyal, maroon kool-aid drinking amongst us.

The biggest thing that concerns me about Cohen right now is me hearing shit about our guys skipping out on work outs and things like that. That's unacceptable and explains why I'm in better shape than half of them. It's also puzzling given Cohen's intensity.

If you suck, suck putting the work in to be the best you can. That's why I'm so pissed at our players. Honestly, I feel like if you have two competitors and one of them works out and does what they are supposed to and the other is skipping out on work outs, that can sometimes ultimately be the difference in winning or losing a game. That may sound cheesy, but the work outs are designed to maximize player performance. And when we can't quite get to a ball that goes in for a hit- maybe that missed flexibility work out made the difference there. At the very least I believe hard work is rewarded. And I would tell every one of those mother ****ers to their face that they are getting what they deserve. Including Cohen too.

In MLB, they have to work out- or they are going to lose their job to someone that will outwork them. And there are hundreds of players on AAA that would love to have a MLB job.

whosyourdawgy
05-08-2015, 10:55 PM
It wasn't hitting tonight that lost the game. Errors and pitching lost this game. It was hitting and AN error last night that cost us. Pitching was outstanding Thursday. But with this team it's always something. A base running blunder, another botched ground ball at 3rd base, a pitcher cruising then all of a sudden can't throw a damn strike. It's always something. That logo of this team makes me drink fits this one to a T

Todd4State
05-08-2015, 11:00 PM
And I mentioned Polk II. Fact of the matter is, they've passed us outside of a three week run two years ago. That's on Polk AND Cohen, like it or not. And it ain't all Godwin, either. A certain Dan McDonnell at Louisville played a big part. Truth is Bianco is good at hiring great assistants to help him run the ship. That's what good coaches do and he has to get credit for seeing the talent and hiring them.

Actually, he is about 50% on hiring great assistants. McDonnell and Godwin are the only ones that I am aware of that have gone on to become head coaches. The rest of the assistants he has hired resulted in big dips in results. The bolded part is wrong. We were better than they were from 2011-2013 and at worst equal to them last year when we went 2-2 against them.

And to be honest no matter who the coach is, I don't think it will be long before we pass them again.

Todd4State
05-08-2015, 11:02 PM
It wasn't hitting tonight that lost the game. Errors and pitching lost this game. It was hitting and AN error last night that cost us. Pitching was outstanding Thursday. But with this team it's always something. A base running blunder, another botched ground ball at 3rd base, a pitcher cruising then all of a sudden can't throw a damn strike. It's always something. That logo of this team makes me drink fits this one to a T

You're right. But again, I think that always goes back to how much work you put in. I've been talking a lot about working out, but it's the baseball fundamental part as well.

Smitty
05-08-2015, 11:07 PM
Small, Fenter, Breaux, Miller, Spea.... A good ol' Todd list. The names we all know and love that are repeated so often yet always seem to never pan out for us. Burdick, McCord, Paul Young, etc.

The current Todd list includes those and other random last names like Alexander Pilkington Mangum, James yada yada yada. The Todd list is irrevelant until A. They get on campus and B. They actually play baseball

Todd4State
05-08-2015, 11:16 PM
Small, Fenter, Breaux, Miller, Spea.... A good ol' Todd list. The names we all know and love that are repeated so often yet always seem to never pan out for us. Burdick, McCord, Paul Young, etc.

The current Todd list includes those and other random last names like Alexander Pilkington Mangum, James yada yada yada. The Todd list is irrevelant until A. They get on campus and B. They actually play baseball

So, you picked a guy that went pro after being drafted in the last round of the draft and two guys that got hurt? That should add to your credibility- or lack thereof. Tell us again how Wes Rea hasn't improved as a hitter since he has been on campus?**

And while you are at it- you can call out MLB scouts, PG, Kiley McDaniel, and etc.

The thing about it is- even if we lose 6 players, it's still going to be a good class.

ScottH
05-08-2015, 11:23 PM
Next year is Dudy Noble's last as is. Who the coach is doesn't matter. It's getting built

As of last Saturday night....

4MM or so pledged.
2MM or so in hand (included in the number above).
As everyone knows, need 20MM pledged to start.
Any fees for premium seating do not count toward the initial 20MM.
Current plan of start construction at conclusion of 2016 season.

Time to get to fundraising.

msstate7
05-08-2015, 11:26 PM

4MM or so pledged.

Bout to miss the sec tourney. Good luck with that. Basketball and football have all the momentum among state fans right now

War Machine Dawg
05-08-2015, 11:32 PM
Actually, he is about 50% on hiring great assistants. McDonnell and Godwin are the only ones that I am aware of that have gone on to become head coaches. The rest of the assistants he has hired resulted in big dips in results. The bolded part is wrong. We were better than they were from 2011-2013 and at worst equal to them last year when we went 2-2 against them.

And to be honest no matter who the coach is, I don't think it will be long before we pass them again.

2013, yes. 2011 & 2012, no. I worded it poorly saying a 3 week run in reference to '13. That was one hell of a team who earned the only regional host under Cohen to date. They kicked ass and found ways to win. Anyone (myself included) trying to say that team was just a 3 week hot streak is nuts. They were good start to finish, and I need to make sure I word it better to give them credit for what they accomplished.

But '13 aside, you can't objectively say we've been the better program for the last decade plus or that we're close to passing them. The results speak for themselves, regular season and postseason.

Todd4State
05-08-2015, 11:40 PM
2013, yes. 2011 & 2012, no. I worded it poorly saying a 3 week run in reference to '13. That was one hell of a team who earned the only regional host under Cohen to date. They kicked ass and found ways to win. Anyone (myself included) trying to say that team was just a 3 week hot streak is nuts. They were good start to finish, and I need to make sure I word it better to give them credit for what they accomplished.

But '13 aside, you can't objectively say we've been the better program for the last decade plus or that we're close to passing them. The results speak for themselves, regular season and postseason.

I'm going by results.

2011- We made a SR and they made a regional. We beat them 3-1 on the field.
2012- Made a Regional and won the SEC Tournament and they made a regional. Went 2-2 on the field.
2013- Made it to the CWS Finals, hosted a regional and they made a regional. Went 2-2 on the field.
2014- We made a regional and they hosted a regional and made Omaha. Went 2-2 on the field.

I don't see how anyone could objectively say that they were clearly the better program the past four years based on the on the field results.

And as far as passing them, I'm going by what we are expected to get in recruiting vs. what they are expected to get.

This year is somewhat similar when we were "better" on the field in terms of results in the early 2000's- but everyone knew that Ole Miss was getting better players coming in and that we were losing the Maholm's, Papelbon's, Tatum's etc. and it was going to be very difficult for us to keep up.

But to sum it up- we've won more in postseason than they have while hosting the same amount of times and also went deeper in our Omaha appearance. We've also been to more SR's.

You might have an argument over a ten year span- but even then you would have to add another CWS appearance as well as a SR host to our resume, so even that is not that cut and dried.

maroonmania
05-08-2015, 11:57 PM
It's very simple. Our pitching needs to get better. Bitch about the offense all y'all want, but the pitching has killed us this year.

To be elite, we have to get elite pitching. I loved Holder, Lindgren, and even Ross until he started to wear a skirt and play cheerleader- but we've got to have 2-3 Chris Stratton's to win championships. And we need them to be elite before their junior year. We've got to find a way to get the Ethan Small, Gray Fenter, Kale Breaux, etc. to come to school.

Look at Vanderbilt. They really don't get a ton of elite hitters- and sure, they get a Pedro Alvarez and people like that from time to time but the guys that they do land really well are elite pitchers.

You look at our rotation now- it's a JUCO, a former walk-on, and a sophomore who will be good- but isn't quite refined yet. And yes, our bullpen is a trainwreck for the most part, but even with a good bullpen we're only going to go so far with that rotation.

In the past we've missed out on a couple like Touki Touissant and Dylan Cease in terms of getting a commitment from them, but we're starting to at least get commitments from them now. You've got the guys I mentioned above and then the next class has Mitchell Miller and Chad Spea in it. And then once we get the commitments, then we have to get the to school.

My biggest issue with Cohen AND Butch is that in SEVEN years we've only had 2 dependable starters, Stratton and Graveman, and really both of those guys were only truly good their JR year. That ain't gonna cut it. McCord was another failed attempt this year but we've got to sign and get guys on campus that AT LEAST contribute as starters their FR year and then are good to REALLY good their SO and JR years. It has yet to happen and that is why, while I like Butch, I'm not ready to hold him in the esteem that some others do on this board. Yes, its nice to have a good bullpen, which we've certainly had at times, but it all starts with the quality of the starters you put out there on the SEC weekends and ours usually don't match up with the starters on the teams in the upper half of the SEC. At least they don't on a consistent basis.

Todd4State
05-09-2015, 01:00 AM
My biggest issue with Cohen AND Butch is that in SEVEN years we've only had 2 dependable starters, Stratton and Graveman, and really both of those guys were only truly good their JR year. That ain't gonna cut it. McCord was another failed attempt this year but we've got to sign and get guys on campus that AT LEAST contribute as starters their FR year and then are good to REALLY good their SO and JR years. It has yet to happen and that is why, while I like Butch, I'm not ready to hold him in the esteem that some others do on this board. Yes, its nice to have a good bullpen, which we've certainly had at times, but it all starts with the quality of the starters you put out there on the SEC weekends and ours usually don't match up with the starters on the teams in the upper half of the SEC. At least they don't on a consistent basis.

I agree- although Graveman was pretty good as a junior and senior.

I can understand guys not being all world as true freshmen, but why do our guys look completely clueless as sophomores and then turn it on and become lights out as juniors? It's weird. That said, I think part of it is overall talent. The only pitchers that we have gotten under this staff that have had major accolades- UA All-American, PG All-American, or Team USA- have been Brandon Woodruff and Jacob Lindgren. And Woodruff did look pretty good as a freshman and he would have been really good had he not had a hairline fracture on his arm. He's one of the Brewers top 30 prospects right now. Lindgren was a guy that a college should expect to be a rotation guy- and mentally he just couldn't handle it. But he's lights out as a relief pitcher. Dakota Hudson was a high pick but he didn't play in the major All-Star games.

That to me is the difference between what we are recruiting now and what we have been getting in the past.

I do think that Butch tends to be too cute sometimes- I think a guy like Trevor Fitts needs to start. And yes, I know he asked to be moved to the bullpen. It's just backwards to say- "we're going to pitch a guy for 2-3 innings and then bring in a relief guy for 6 innings. There are reasons why no one does that. I also think Butch tends to be too loyal sometimes- see Ross this year.

If I were managing our pitching staff, I'm not so sure we wouldn't have been better off going with Hudson, Tatum, and Sexton in the rotation- and just tell them to give us 3-5 IP, which all of them have proven that they can do and then go to a guy like Laster or Fitts coming out of the pen for 3-6 IP or whatever is needed. And then we have Houston who has emerged. And then I would have made Preston pitch midweek. For most of the year, Laster has been our best pitcher (I'd say Houston is now) and if they did it my way, we would get to pitch him twice most likely.

War Machine Dawg
05-09-2015, 01:20 AM

I think part of that has to do with the ridiculous way we've built our staff. We chose to go after guys who had "good" velocity and great movement instead of power arms. Now we're paying the price that the movement has been offset some by the new ball. We've got a bunch of high 80s pitchers who are prone to getting shelled now they they aren't getting the movement they did previously. The strategy just never made sense to me, in large part because power arms always play. They aren't as dependent on elite movement. And I know there are a limited number of those guys around, but if other SEC schools are finding them we should be too.

And you make an excellent point about our failure to develop pitchers before they're upperclassmen. They should at least be giving us quality innings out of the pen as freshmen and be reliable starters as sophomores. And don't even get me started on all the changing pitchers in the middle of at-bats. Butch is a good pitching coach, but the idea he's the best in the country is a huge stretch.

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-09-2015, 02:01 AM
The biggest thing that concerns me about Cohen right now is me hearing shit about our guys skipping out on work outs and things like that. That's unacceptable and explains why I'm in better shape than half of them. It's also puzzling given Cohen's intensity.

If you suck, suck putting the work in to be the best you can. That's why I'm so pissed at our players. Honestly, I feel like if you have two competitors and one of them works out and does what they are supposed to and the other is skipping out on work outs, that can sometimes ultimately be the difference in winning or losing a game. That may sound cheesy, but the work outs are designed to maximize player performance. And when we can't quite get to a ball that goes in for a hit- maybe that missed flexibility work out made the difference there. At the very least I believe hard work is rewarded. And I would tell every one of those mother ****ers to their face that they are getting what they deserve. Including Cohen too.
I've heard of two people skipping workouts in the past few weeks. One got kicked off the team, the other has to show up to 6:00am workouts for the rest of the season to not be kicked off the team. Has there been more besides that?

msstate7
05-09-2015, 06:12 AM
I've heard of two people skipping workouts in the past few weeks. One got kicked off the team, the other has to show up to 6:00am workouts for the rest of the season to not be kicked off the team. Has there been more besides that?

I say boot that guy too. This team needs some serious turnover and a whole new culture

sandjunky
05-09-2015, 06:54 AM

4MM or so pledged.

I submitted the form for the capital donation 3 days ago. Haven't been contacted about it yet

I seen it dawg
05-09-2015, 07:33 AM

In MLB, they have to work out- or they are going to lose their job to someone that will outwork them. And there are hundreds of players on AAA that would love to have a MLB job.

Wait a minute.....players skipping shit? **** that. They are gone. If they are not gone fire every muther****er in the baseball department. That's ****ing shit that is handled in high school. Should happen 0% at college level.

I seen it dawg
05-09-2015, 07:34 AM

Stfu. You know shit about baseball.

I seen it dawg
05-09-2015, 07:39 AM
I say boot that guy too. This team needs some serious turnover and a whole new culture

Ding ding ding ding we have a winner.

maroonmania
05-09-2015, 07:46 AM
I agree- although Graveman was pretty good as a junior and senior.

I can understand guys not being all world as true freshmen, but why do our guys look completely clueless as sophomores and then turn it on and become lights out as juniors? It's weird. That said, I think part of it is overall talent. The only pitchers that we have gotten under this staff that have had major accolades- UA All-American, PG All-American, or Team USA- have been Brandon Woodruff and Jacob Lindgren. And Woodruff did look pretty good as a freshman and he would have been really good had he not had a hairline fracture on his arm. He's one of the Brewers top 30 prospects right now. Lindgren was a guy that a college should expect to be a rotation guy- and mentally he just couldn't handle it. But he's lights out as a relief pitcher. Dakota Hudson was a high pick but he didn't play in the major All-Star games.

That to me is the difference between what we are recruiting now and what we have been getting in the past.

I do think that Butch tends to be too cute sometimes- I think a guy like Trevor Fitts needs to start. And yes, I know he asked to be moved to the bullpen. It's just backwards to say- "we're going to pitch a guy for 2-3 innings and then bring in a relief guy for 6 innings. There are reasons why no one does that. I also think Butch tends to be too loyal sometimes- see Ross this year.

If I were managing our pitching staff, I'm not so sure we wouldn't have been better off going with Hudson, Tatum, and Sexton in the rotation- and just tell them to give us 3-5 IP, which all of them have proven that they can do and then go to a guy like Laster or Fitts coming out of the pen for 3-6 IP or whatever is needed. And then we have Houston who has emerged. And then I would have made Preston pitch midweek. For most of the year, Laster has been our best pitcher (I'd say Houston is now) and if they did it my way, we would get to pitch him twice most likely.

Yes, that's right, the year Graveman was really good was actually his SR year (the CWS year), not his JR year. Graveman was pretty much a journeyman pitcher his first 3 years, certainly not dominant. And Stratton had a very acceptable FR year but fell to pieces his SO year before coming back strong his JR year. But the main point is, even with their inconsistencies, that's only 2 starters in 7 years that have been high quality SEC starters under Cohen and Butch. That ain't gonna cut it.

Smitty
05-09-2015, 07:51 AM
My concern is that of getting away with mediocrity. With one exception we have been a very average program under Cohen. Hosting is laughed at most years. Let's say he brings in a bunch of all world talent like supposedly we have signed and 2 and 3 seeds them like he is used to doing. What then? 34 says make regional keep job. Well there's more to just making a regional and our numbers showing the vast advantage host and national seed teams have prove that.

We need to BE IN POSITION to sustain and achieve success every year rather than relying on the mythical "Cohen late season run"

Cohen will never maximize our win total. He will always meddle, bunt, **** with swings, etc no matter if he was managing State or the 1927 Yanks. I want someone who will get the most out of what we got. Mississippi State baseball's potential is unlimited.

I seen it dawg
05-09-2015, 07:53 AM
Butch isn't that good. Not the pitching guru everybody thinks he is.

I seen it dawg
05-09-2015, 07:55 AM
My concern is that of getting away with mediocrity. With one exception we have been a very average program under Cohen. Hosting is laughed at most years. Let's say he brings in a bunch of all world talent like supposedly we have signed and 2 and 3 seeds them like he is used to doing. What then? 34 says make regional keep job. Well there's more to just making a regional and our numbers showing the vast advantage host and national seed teams have prove that.

We need to BE IN POSITION to sustain and achieve success every year rather than relying on the mythical "Cohen late season run"

Cohen will never maximize our win total. He will always meddle, bunt, **** with swings, etc no matter if he was managing State or the 1927 Yanks. I want someone who will get the most out of what we got. Mississippi State baseball's potential is unlimited.

Everyone take cover. This is 100% true and I agree totally.

RBritt
05-09-2015, 08:19 AM
Who got the boot? Lovelady and Young?

basedog
05-09-2015, 08:45 AM
Butch isn't that good. Not the pitching guru everybody thinks he is.

I totally agree, he has been around the SEC (3 teams), I think he he is ok but no guru.

Also, yes teams can be down but not rock bottom, I'd say OM is having a down year but they are having a good finish and probably will make the Ncaa tourney. We look "under" coached with fundamentals in defense, hitting, running the bases, and coaching management.

Lastly, I keep reading where we will be much improved next year, cough cough, of course we will we can't be any worse! But in saying that, what I see is the guys coming back will be gone then it looks to be rebuilding again. Why can't we just reload and recruit better, to many excuses about who gets drafted and doesn't get in school, find the diamonds in the rough like Dan The Man. I said it months ago, we won't win any series, I was wrong we won 1, I also said we want make the Sec tourney, I still don't see us beating TN next weekend 2 times. I also said this is one of the worse teams in history, it speaks for itself.

Quite making excuses please! Msu baseball should never be in this shape and I don't care about what we did in the past, it's what's happening now a complete meltdown.

dawgclub99
05-09-2015, 09:27 AM
I just do not see it getting any better next year. I think Cohen has gotten too arrogant as a coach and needs to step off of his high pedestal and rethink his coaching tactics. They worked when we actually had some serious arms, but the talent is not there like it was.

Smitty
05-09-2015, 09:29 AM
I think the Todd "nobody wants to win here more than Cohen, he really really wants it" quote is not as accurate as portrayed. It's still a job. From what I've seen this year he could be ready to move on.

Percho
05-09-2015, 10:14 AM

This post makes me think of what I was thinking the other day about big Wes. If I were him I believe I would lose about 15 to 20 pounds, put on more mussel and try to increase my speed.

dawgs
05-09-2015, 10:21 AM

Ross has been getting by with smoke and mirrors his whole career. This year regression finally caught up to him. It's pretty damn difficult to be a consistently dominant pitcher when you barely strike anyone out. He didn't turn into a *****, he was just bound to turn into a pumpkin.

Coach34
05-09-2015, 10:51 AM

4MM or so pledged.

They have broadcast the renderings to the world- and they have even shown them on TV during games. It's getting built

dawgs
05-09-2015, 11:37 AM
Here's an idea, lose the cute shirts, the stupid bench mob, and all the crap and get some tough nosed players.

"Here's an idea, I don't know what to say about anything worthwhile so I'll just bitch about stuff that doesn't matter"

PMDawg
05-09-2015, 12:09 PM

Welcome to 2 months ago for me.

IMissJack
05-09-2015, 02:20 PM
"Here's an idea, I don't know what to say about anything worthwhile so I'll just bitch about stuff that doesn't matter"

Here's an idea mind your own damn business.

preachermatt83
05-09-2015, 02:27 PM

Ur an idiot. Imissjack is one of the most informed well liked posters on this site.

CadaverDawg
05-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Yea, I'm sick of all the bullshit excuses too. I've been one of the biggest Cohen supporters this board has ever seen...but it's time for the excuses to stop and the winning to start.

Making a Regional next year in any capacity will keep Cohen his job more than likely, but with that new stadium on the way, and our new expectations with the CWS Finals trip, this sub .500 SEC record shit EVERY year has to stop. We are a better program than that, and we should demand better than that. Stop the excuses John, get your shit together and start winning at a high level. Or GTFO

sandjunky
05-09-2015, 02:48 PM
Things needed to improve next year
-Proper strength and conditioning to maximize the talent....go pay LSUs strength coach a ton
-You can't have the above without proper nutrition...get someone that knows shit about eating right during offseason and during the season
-Ditch the Addidas bats; there's a reason they are one of the cheapest bats you can buy
-Go get the best damn hitting coach in the country
-this years butch reminds me of his tenure at Auburn
-finally-the intense mfing bastardized needs to show back up

War Machine Dawg
05-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Yea, I'm sick of all the bullshit excuses too. I've been one of the biggest Cohen supporters this board has ever seen...but it's time for the excuses to stop and the winning to start.

Making a Regional next year in any capacity will keep Cohen his job more than likely, but with that new stadium on the way, and our new expectations with the CWS Finals trip, this sub .500 SEC record shit EVERY year has to stop. We are a better program than that, and we should demand better than that. Stop the excuses John, get your shit together and start winning at a high level. Or GTFO

+1

dawgs
05-09-2015, 04:58 PM
Ur an idiot. Imissjack is one of the most informed well liked posters on this site.

Sorry but I just think bitching about the bench mob or beards or whatever is pretty much negligible, bitch about shit that matters like recruiting, coaching, lack of hitting/starting pitching, etc