PDA

View Full Version : Dudy Noble Grounds Crew

state66
05-08-2015, 07:20 PM
Ole Miss' field looks great yet our field is spotty all over the infield and in other areas. I mean what the hell? I know most have said its the worst growing season in 50 years but ole miss had the same growing season?
Is it something to do with our field that will be addressed in the expansion?

weblow
05-08-2015, 07:31 PM
When you practice bunting 95% of the time it will rip up your infield. Pretty simple.

Drugdog
05-08-2015, 07:32 PM
A bad grass field makes bunting better. .**

scottycameron
05-08-2015, 07:45 PM
I brought this up a week or two ago. Our infield looks terrible. Somebody said some shit about it either being unusually hot or cold (I forgot which) this spring so it was ok. I guess that unusual weather phenomena was only in Starkville, not any other ****ing town in baseball.

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-08-2015, 08:06 PM
If ya'll think back to the first 3 weeks of the season it rained every other day. Meanwhile we were beating out bunts because the opposing pitcher and catcher were slipping and busting their ass and tearing our infield up trying to get to all the bunts we were laying down.

Another reason to hate bunting.

JohnnyQuid
05-08-2015, 08:12 PM
They re sodded it a few weeks ago and went back to looking like shit in the same places - without all the rain problems

starkvegasdawg
05-08-2015, 08:14 PM
That's where it liked like hell a year or so ago, too.

Outside Dawg
05-08-2015, 08:17 PM
After the series last week, an LSU coworkers asked why we had turf and why the grass we have looks so bad. He said, "I thought grass was the one thing y'all were known for."

state66
05-08-2015, 08:21 PM
Obviously we don't have a clue because this isn't the first year the grass has looked like shit. I mean there are spots in front of third base and behind the mound that are dead. What do we attribute that to? The third baseman playing in cause we bunt so damn much?