PDA

View Full Version : Nickoe Whitley

state66
05-08-2015, 10:42 AM
He spent all of last year rehabbing and was at this years pro day. Is he an NFL talent and will he get picked up?

Bothrops
05-08-2015, 10:49 AM
One of the smartest game players we ever had.

War Machine Dawg
05-08-2015, 02:23 PM
One of the smartest game players we ever had.

There were many great things about Nickoe. A high football IQ wasn't one of them. Freakish athleticism and a huge set of nuts were, however. Certainly one of the most clutch players we've ever had. His two strip fumbles against UPig and TSUN will never be forgotten so long as I'm breathing. One of my all-time favorite Dawgs for those two plays alone. And I'll also never forget him blowing up Washaun Ealey in 2009 to turn the tide in the UGA game.

NCDawg
05-08-2015, 02:39 PM
I think Whitley's hit on Easley was in the 2010 UGA game, but yes, that hit probably won the game for us. In addition, we most certainly would have lost the Arkansas game and possibly the Ole Miss game had it not been for Whitley's strips.

War Machine Dawg
05-08-2015, 02:47 PM
I think Whitley's hit on Easley was in the 2010 UGA game, but yes, that hit probably won the game for us. In addition, we most certainly would have lost the Arkansas game and possibly the Ole Miss game had it not been for Whitley's strips.

You're correct, it was 2010. Gator Bowl season. That win propelled us through the rest of the season.

Dawg61
05-08-2015, 02:52 PM
Nikoe Whitley reminds me of Ed Reed. Toughest mofo on the field. Bet nobody ****ed with Ed Whitley on the team ever.

War Machine Dawg
05-08-2015, 02:56 PM
Nikoe Whitley reminds me of Ed Reed. Toughest mofo on the field. Bet nobody ****ed with Ed Whitley on the team ever.

If I were in a bar fight and could pick just one dude from our 2010-2013 teams to have my back, I'd choose Whitley and it isn't close. You're right, he was a tough, mean cat.

confucius say
05-08-2015, 02:58 PM
There were many great things about Nickoe. A high football IQ wasn't one of them. Freakish athleticism and a huge set of nuts were, however. Certainly one of the most clutch players we've ever had. His two strip fumbles against UPig and TSUN will never be forgotten so long as I'm breathing. One of my all-time favorite Dawgs for those two plays alone. And I'll also never forget him blowing up Washaun Ealey in 2009 to turn the tide in the UGA game.

You mean 2010 and he did blow they guy up right at the goal line

War Machine Dawg
05-08-2015, 03:01 PM
You mean 2010 and he did blow they guy up right at the goal line

Did you even bother reading further? Someone else already caught my brain fart. I admitted I screwed up the year number of the season I was remembering.

bgover4
05-08-2015, 03:08 PM
Just gonna link this for all of our enjoyment on this Friday.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nickoe+whitley

Johnson85
05-08-2015, 03:11 PM
A high football IQ wasn't one of them.

I don't know, he managed pretty well with a bum knee his last season. Don't know how you do that without some football IQ. He played as a freshman and made typical freshman mistakes and was mostly overagressive, but nothing terrible. He looked like he had really low football IQ his first season back from injury, but I think that's just because he repeatedly took angles that didn't take into account the fact that he hadn't fully regained his speed. He also looked pretty bad when Wilson had him out of position. I think if he doesn't spend so much time in his career not fully recovered from his achilles injury and then playing injured for a significant portion of his last year made it look like he was making mental mistakes when he was really dealing mostly with physical stuff.

Bothrops
05-08-2015, 03:12 PM

That doesn't compute when you consider he led the nation in interceptions before his career ended.

TheRef
05-08-2015, 05:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5oLdJoeJpA

TheRef
05-08-2015, 05:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daXerYdI4ho

TheRef
05-08-2015, 05:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9UvE3IjCeI

TheRef
05-08-2015, 05:11 PM
For your viewing enjoyment of Nickoe.