PDA

View Full Version : SDS: Most Improved SEC Players from Spring Practice

TXDawg
05-08-2015, 08:45 AM
Dak getting some recognition:

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-players-improved-spring-practice/

thf24
05-08-2015, 08:48 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/5696060-3x2-940x627.jpg

confucius say
05-08-2015, 09:02 AM
So the first team all conference qb from last year is also the most improved heading into next year. I certainly hope this is true.

Coach34
05-08-2015, 09:05 AM
No way D Lee can be on there???? I've been told that since we lost JRob- our offense is going to suck.

BossDawg
05-08-2015, 10:01 AM
The wooleth floweth over..eth. Out of 4 players in the West, 2 from State. That speaks volumes about Mullen and his staff. Good Lord I'm ready for football.

maroonmania
05-08-2015, 10:20 AM
The wooleth floweth over..eth. Out of 4 players in the West, 2 from State. That speaks volumes about Mullen and his staff. Good Lord I'm ready for football.

After suffering through this basketball and baseball season, I'm REALLY ready for football to get here even moreso than normal. Seems like its been 5 months of misery.

smootness
05-08-2015, 10:39 AM
I'm going to go ahead and predict that Lee is our starting RB by midseason. And I'm a big believer in both Shumpert and Williams. But Lee looked fantastic in the spring game.

Bothrops
05-08-2015, 10:57 AM
Lee is looking great, and I was also impressed with William's moves catching the ball. Looked more like a scat back.

Tbonewannabe
05-08-2015, 10:58 AM
I'm going to go ahead and predict that Lee is our starting RB by midseason. And I'm a big believer in both Shumpert and Williams. But Lee looked fantastic in the spring game.

Lee reminded me of Boobie his senior year after he dropped the weight and got more explosive. He is going to be the steal of that class.

Dawg496
05-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Is it just me or does Lee have a little bit of Jerious Norwood in him?

smootness
05-08-2015, 11:05 AM
Is it just me or does Lee have a little bit of Jerious Norwood in him?

That's interesting. What do you see as the similarities?

Dawg496
05-08-2015, 11:31 AM
That's interesting. What do you see as the similarities?

From his high school video he had the same upright running style and that stiff arm reminded me of Norwood's junior year.

He definitely seems like a more explosive Boobie but probably not as explosive as Norwood.

We've definitely got a lot of talent in the backfield. It'll be interesting to see how we distribute the carries. Got to think Holloway will play a bigger role but I think the freshmens are more talented.

War Machine Dawg
05-08-2015, 02:26 PM
After suffering through this basketball and baseball season, I'm REALLY ready for football to get here even moreso than normal. Seems like its been 5 months of misery.

No "seems like" to it. Outside of the women and Howland, it has been.

War Machine Dawg
05-08-2015, 02:29 PM

Lee might be the most complete back we have. He isn't quite the bull that Shumpert is, but he's faster. He has some wiggle and catches the ball well. The only real question is pass blocking, but I don't foresee that being an issue. Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him become our primary back by the end of the season regardless of who "starts." Although I still lean towards Mullen trying to use a 3-headed monster.

maroonmania
05-08-2015, 02:31 PM

I personally think we really need Lee or Williams to step up big. I'm just not real optimistic in what I've seen out of Shumpert to date. And the Spring game didn't help my feelings on that any.

GreenheadDawg
05-08-2015, 02:36 PM
I personally think we really need Lee or Williams to step up big. I'm just not real optimistic in what I've seen out of Shumpert to date. And the Spring game didn't help my feelings on that any.

I'm really pulling for Shumpert to blow up but I'm with you. I just don't think he is a SEC caliber back and never have thought it. I would love for him to prove me wrong

War Machine Dawg
05-08-2015, 02:54 PM

Here's the deal with Shumpert: He's never going to blow you away with speed or juking ability. He's a damn bull, a battering ram that will get stronger as the game goes along. Runs that are 1-3 yard gains in the 1st quarter will become 3-6 yard gains in the 4th quarter because defenses are going to get tired of tackling him. The risk with his running style is injury. You just can't initiate as much contact as Shump and expect to hold up over 8 SEC games. Basically, he should be used as a short yardage power back/fullback/H-back. That's his sweet spot, based on what I've seen.