PDA

View Full Version : There are so many unknowns this year in the SEC

Coach34
07-02-2013, 08:56 PM
Bama, Georgia, SC, Florida, and A&M should be the top level of the SEC...but then:

LSU? Lost alot of talented juniors on defense and will be young but talented there. They have an insane schedule and injuries on D could get Les thrown into Mike's cage.

State? Lost their WR's and CB's. Many people are saying Mullen is on the downhill slide after only winning 8 games last season

Ole Miss? They are the sexy choice this year to hit it big. They start out tough and play 2 National Title contenders back-to-back, plus have their swing games on the road. But they definitely have some talent

Auburn? Everybody on the Plains is saying the Gus Bus is going to win 7-8 games this year. Auburn has huge games at home vs State and OM that will define their season.

UPig? Bielema's schedule and a switch to smashmouth ball could be ugly- but he is a good coach

Tennessee? New staff and a little talent- we'll see

Missouri? They had alot of injuries and should be better

Kentucky? New staff and some recruiting excitement- but they need to add talent before they scare anyone.

I like a little more uncertainty headed into 2013 than we have had the last few years

FlabLoser
07-02-2013, 09:00 PM
How many LSU guys left early? Wasn't it like 12 or something? Twelve losses on top of normal attrition should be brutal.

msstate7
07-02-2013, 09:04 PM
I have a feeling lsu is going to really surprise this year.

Pollodawg
07-02-2013, 09:07 PM

Surprised like I just found $20.00 in some old jeans or surprised as in Pearl Harbor?

Coach34
07-02-2013, 09:10 PM

good or bad? They have talent no doubt. Should be good on offense. But they play:

Auburn
@ Georgia
@ State
Florida
@ Mississippi

That stretch will test them

msstate7
07-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Think they have good year. 4 out of 5 ol starters are back, Blue was their best rb before getting injured, they always have defensive players and wr's, and I feel like mettenberger has a big year.

Political Hack
07-02-2013, 10:09 PM
The thing that makes me question LSU is that Met has now had 4 OC's in 4 years. That's a lot on anyone, especially someone that's only in his 2nd year at a school.

A&M could struggle. I think they'll win a lot of games because UTEP is their toughest OOC opponent and Vandy is their toughest SEC East opponent. However, they won't be as good of a team as they were last year. You simply do not lose NFL super elite talented studs on the OL and DL and return to prominence.

msstate7
07-02-2013, 10:12 PM
The thing that makes me question LSU is that Met has now had 4 OC's in 4 years. That's a lot on anyone, especially someone that's only in his 2nd year at a school.

A&M could struggle. I think they'll win a lot of games because UTEP is their toughest OOC opponent and Vandy is their toughest SEC East opponent. However, they won't be as good of a team as they were last year. You simply do not lose NFL super elite talented studs on the OL and DL and return to prominence.

Unless you're Alabama

Political Hack
07-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Unless you're Alabama

I almost said that... OM, LSU, Florida, and others have struggled after losing big time OL and DL in the same year. I think A&M is more on that level than on Sabatronic's level.

theloungeinleft
07-04-2013, 12:04 AM
LSU's offense has definitely been a disappointment the past few years. Mett definitely has the tools, especially a big arm. Solid WR corp as well. It should be interesting to see if that offense can finally excel under Cameron.

An interesting game on their schedule will be @OM. The Rebels won last time they played in Oxford, and they seem to frequently find a way to play LSU well, year after year.

mic
07-04-2013, 12:42 AM
LSU's offense has definitely been a disappointment the past few years. Mett definitely has the tools, especially a big arm. Solid WR corp as well. It should be interesting to see if that offense can finally excel under Cameron.

An interesting game on their schedule will be @OM. The Rebels won last time they played in Oxford, and they seem to frequently find a way to play LSU well, year after year.

Rebs actually lost by like 50 last time they played in oxford..

Todd4State
07-04-2013, 01:37 AM

Yeah- they started taking a knee with like 5 minutes left in the game. To me, that was more embarrassing than just running it up on them. I've never seen that done before ever.

You can say what you want about MSU's crappy football history, but I don't think that has EVER happened to us.

But nothing says let's just get the hell out of here like taking a knee with 5 minutes left.

Political Hack
07-04-2013, 06:29 AM
Florida did not take a knee early in the 4th against Croom that year in the Swamp...

LSU has a brutal schedule too. That's usually a bigger factor than who you're replacing, etc... They could lose to Bama, Florida, and UGA and still be a legit top 5 team.

Oh, and UGA wins the Natty this year. I've called it right every year for the past 6-7 years. a 1-loss UGA team beats Bama in the SEC CG and wins it all.

The Croom Diaries
07-04-2013, 07:46 AM
Florida did not take a knee early in the 4th against Croom that year in the Swamp...

LSU has a brutal schedule too. That's usually a bigger factor than who you're replacing, etc... They could lose to Bama, Florida, and UGA and still be a legit top 5 team.

Oh, and UGA wins the Natty this year. I've called it right every year for the past 6-7 years. a 1-loss UGA team beats Bama in the SEC CG and wins it all.

I predicted Georgia last year - so close. I'm not sure they have the guns on defense this year, plus South Carolina has the easier schedule this year like they've had the last couple. They have to beat USC which they haven't done since 09. And even if they do it may be a role reversal of the last two years where the winner of that game has a difficult schedule and the loser wins the east with an easier schedule.

msstate7
07-04-2013, 08:06 AM

Love the Georgia pick. I coveted tj yeldon for most the season, but quickly switched to Todd gurley when I watched some Georgia games. The first four games are brutal though: at Clemson, USCe, north Texas, lsu. If they get through those 3-1, I'm with you on Georgia

theloungeinleft
07-04-2013, 01:18 PM

That's right. For some reason I was thinking the 25-23 game in Oxford when Jefferson spiked the ball with a second left on the clock was the last time, but it was in '09.

Political Hack
07-04-2013, 02:30 PM
UGA has enough weapons on offense to keep Clowney from being a major game changer. Plus it's at home. I don't think anyone will keep up with their offense this year... not even Bama with their defense. The LSU game, which could be a wildcard given LSU's propensity to win games with big plays, is in Athens so UGA has a clear edge IMO. It's Mets first big road game of the year. Plus, UGA is working with the SEC's all time leading passer and might have the best running game in the nation. That's nasty.

I think UGA drops one of two between LSU and SC and unless the loss is against SC, they lock it in and roll into the SECCG.

TopconDog
07-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Yeah- they started taking a knee with like 5 minutes left in the game. To me, that was more embarrassing than just running it up on them. I've never seen that done before ever.

You can say what you want about MSU's crappy football history, but I don't think that has EVER happened to us.

But nothing says let's just get the hell out of here like taking a knee with 5 minutes left.

saban took a knee on croom in the first half while at lsu,if I remember correctly

Todd4State
07-04-2013, 07:32 PM
saban took a knee on croom in the first half while at lsu,if I remember correctly

Yeah, but I think it was like the very end of the half. He didn't have time to do much and even if he did it really didn't matter at that point.

msstate7
07-04-2013, 07:38 PM

Croom made saban pay for that when he got to bama. Lol

Ronny
07-05-2013, 08:16 AM
..predictions are entertaining but useless.

Nobody knows who is going to do what to whom until play begins.

As usual, some written-off scrub will rise to win 8 or 9 games while at least one media darling will shit the bed.

Trying to predict the record for college football teams is like trying to predict the weather (expect meteorologists are more accurate).

TexasDawg
07-05-2013, 08:37 AM
At this point of the sports year, if we aren't gonna talk about predictions what can we talk about? Favorite Chik-fil-a milkshake flavor?

theloungeinleft
07-05-2013, 09:48 AM

As usual, some written-off scrub will rise to win 8 or 9 games while at least one media darling will shit the bed.

Trying to predict the record for college football teams is like trying to predict the weather (expect meteorologists are more accurate).

You should had stopped there.

SaltyDawg
07-05-2013, 10:07 AM

At least you used 'who' and 'whom' correctly in your post. Other than that- swing and a miss.