PDA

View Full Version : Preston Smith

pdawg10msu
05-07-2015, 04:45 PM
It looks like he will be playing OLB for the Redskins. I think that role will fit him good. Of course, I'm sure much will change between now and the start of the season.

TheRef
05-07-2015, 06:44 PM
It looks like he will be playing OLB for the Redskins. I think that role will fit him good. Of course, I'm sure much will change between now and the start of the season.

They want to use him basically as a hybrid OLB. They'll put him both on the ground and in coverage.

Dallas_Dawg
05-07-2015, 06:54 PM
I may be wrong but I would think he is better suited as a 4-3 defensive end. He doesn't seem to have the speed and hips to cover tight ends in the NFL. I hope he proves me wrong but I think he would have been a better fit elsewhere

TheRef
05-07-2015, 07:09 PM
I may be wrong but I would think he is better suited as a 4-3 defensive end. He doesn't seem to have the speed and hips to cover tight ends in the NFL. I hope he proves me wrong but I think he would have been a better fit elsewhere

He'll be a good zone defense OLB on the weak side. Also a good pass rusher on the edge.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-07-2015, 07:18 PM
He won't be in coverage much. He'll be rushing the passer & helping set the edge in the run game. Guys like Mario Williams & Julius Peppers played OLB this year too but you rarely saw them in coverage.

smootness
05-07-2015, 07:41 PM
He won't be covering much of anything. They're going to run a 3-4, so he's basically still a DE.

Dallas_Dawg
05-07-2015, 08:15 PM
He won't be in coverage much. He'll be rushing the passer & helping set the edge in the run game. Guys like Mario Williams & Julius Peppers played OLB this year too but you rarely saw them in coverage.

10-4, thanks Dan.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
05-08-2015, 07:49 AM
I'd gladly drop him into coverage after seeing that one-handed pick six against UAB