PDA

View Full Version : Everett Golson transferring

vv83
05-07-2015, 12:47 PM
Apparently, he won't have to sit a year. I thought they got away with that rule (or maybe in the future they are)

msstate7
05-07-2015, 12:47 PM
Please don't be OM

maroonmania
05-07-2015, 12:49 PM
Yep, AL and OM will be all over him.

msstate7
05-07-2015, 12:51 PM

Lsu too I would think

Saltydog
05-07-2015, 12:51 PM
campus...........MGK will go off..........

HancockCountyDog
05-07-2015, 01:12 PM
LSU is the real fear here.

A real QB at LSU makes that game much, much more difficult.

TUSK
05-07-2015, 01:13 PM

no thanks.

Coach34
05-07-2015, 01:23 PM
LSU has been after him since the bowl game

ShotgunDawg
05-07-2015, 01:42 PM
I hope Golson transfers to LSU. He's a turnover machine that will only have a few weeks of practice before we play them.

Remember he isn't starting at Notre Dame for a reason.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-07-2015, 02:02 PM
This is Everett Golson we're talking about not Braxton Miller. Miller lost his job due to injury & the 2 guys who filled in were great. Golson lost his job because he couldn't stop turning the ball over (22 turnovers, 14 INT 8 Lost Fumbles) & Malik Zaire wasn't setting the world on fire. If he goes to LSU I think the situation plays out similar to Jacob Coker last year. Expecting big things but just not enough time to learn the playbook & get comfortable to beat out the guys already there.

mic
05-07-2015, 02:03 PM
FSU....

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-07-2015, 02:18 PM
why? He is not that great.

smootness
05-07-2015, 02:26 PM
This is Everett Golson we're talking about not Braxton Miller. Miller lost his job due to injury & the 2 guys who filled in were great. Golson lost his job because he couldn't stop turning the ball over (22 turnovers, 14 INT 8 Lost Fumbles) & Malik Zaire wasn't setting the world on fire. If he goes to LSU I think the situation plays out similar to Jacob Coker last year. Expecting big things but just not enough time to learn the playbook & get comfortable to beat out the guys already there.

Exactly. Could he make a team like LSU better? Yes. But if he does, it won't be by much. Golson is a decent QB, nothing more, and he doesn't really fit the scheme very well at LSU.

I don't care who transfers in or where, whether it's Golson, Miller, or anyone else. We will still have the best QB in the SEC and easily the best when taking into account scheme.

jumbo
05-07-2015, 02:38 PM
He likely wont be able to come to the SEC because of his academic suspension 2 years ago. That was one of the stipulations when the SEC revised the Masoli rule. You cannot have any "official discipline" on your record.

Bothrops
05-07-2015, 02:41 PM
LSU is the real fear here.

A real QB at LSU makes that game much, much more difficult.

The LSU game will be that way anyhow. They don't want to lose to us again and suffer the backlash.

Really Clark?
05-07-2015, 02:49 PM
Texas may be an interesting scenario.

Johnson85
05-07-2015, 02:59 PM
Exactly. Could he make a team like LSU better? Yes. But if he does, it won't be by much. Golson is a decent QB, nothing more, and he doesn't really fit the scheme very well at LSU.

I don't care who transfers in or where, whether it's Golson, Miller, or anyone else. We will still have the best QB in the SEC and easily the best when taking into account scheme.

That's why I think UM would be the team to get him if he comes to the SEC. First, from his perspective, the QB position is much more wide open at UM than at LSU. Second, from the teams perspective, nobody needs a serviceable QB more than UM right now. LSU may be hurting for a QB, but that's been a recurring issue with Miles and they know how to manage with alimited QB, and more importantly, if they go another year with a bad QB, they'll still have the talent to compete the next year. For UM, this is a make or break year. If the get a good QB, this should be a historic year for them. If they don't, they're likely looking at 8 wins regular season before they drop back some next year. Completely changes the way the trajectory of the program looks. Can't imagine they won't win out if a solid QB prospect comes available for an SEC team. If Freeze is willing to take a flyer on Kelly, what would he be willing to do for an adequate QB that's not as volatile?

msstate7
05-07-2015, 03:12 PM

Zaire may not be a great passer, but he ran the zone read as well as anyone I saw all year against lsu in the bowl game

vv83
05-07-2015, 03:15 PM
Hearing Michigan and FSU are the front runners right now

Ifyouonlyknew
05-07-2015, 03:18 PM
Zaire may not be a great passer, but he ran the zone read as well as anyone I saw all year against lsu in the bowl game

He ran it a lot I wouldn't say he was just dazzling or overly great with it but that kind of goes back to my point. Zaire isn't some extreme talent that just took over the job Golson was just so bad especially after the FSU game. He has talent but this isn't a Russell Wilson type move or a Braxton Miller type move if that happens. I don't think he has that kind of capabilities.

confucius say
05-07-2015, 03:41 PM
How many sec teams would he start for?
Vandy, USCe,

Maybe bama, om, Lsu, uga, fl

Not for us, ark, am, auburn, ky, tenn, mizzou

Dawgtini
05-07-2015, 04:03 PM
Hearing Michigan and FSU are the front runners right now

I'm hearing (aka read somewhere else) that UGA and USCe are leading, but the SEC rule about no disciplinary action at prior school could be a gotcha.

BulldogBear
05-07-2015, 04:14 PM
Why would he not have to sit out a year? Am I not remembering something?

defiantdog
05-07-2015, 04:35 PM
Apparently, he won't have to sit a year. I thought they got away with that rule (or maybe in the future they are)

He probably doesn't have to sit a year because he's still considered a freshmen academically****************************

Saltydog
05-07-2015, 04:39 PM
most would say. Somehow, me thinks he'll "slip by Slive" should one of the SEC big boys come a calling.

Really Clark?
05-07-2015, 04:42 PM
He is graduating so by NCAA rules he can transfer anywhere he wants without sitting out. The SEC rules about transfers who have had prior disciplinary issues is a seperate issue.

Todd4State
05-07-2015, 06:08 PM
Serious question- if Everett Golson played anywhere other than Notre Dame, would anyone in the media care?

Golson = Chris Relf.

bluelightstar
05-07-2015, 06:50 PM
He turned the ball over a ton, but he was a 3000-yard passer with another 8 rushing TDs. We're better off with LSU not having him than we are with.

ShotgunDawg
05-08-2015, 09:38 AM
Bo Bounds & all you other hype machines, do some research on the player before saying he is a difference maker

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2015-05-07/everett-golson-transfer-notre-dame-turnovers-not-good-fit-in-sec-lsu-ole-miss-georgia

ShotgunDawg
05-08-2015, 09:44 AM
He turned the ball over a ton, but he was a 3000-yard passer with another 8 rushing TDs. We're better off with LSU not having him than we are with.

I disagree. This guy has a track record of very poor decision making and would only have fall practice to learn the offense and then playing us in the 2nd game. Plus, as the season went on and Golson got better, LSU could potentially help us by knocking off a few others.

I actually hope LSU is good next year, so long as they are not good in week 2.

BulldogBear
05-08-2015, 03:15 PM
Bo Bounds & all you other hype machines, do some research on the player before saying he is a difference maker

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2015-05-07/everett-golson-transfer-notre-dame-turnovers-not-good-fit-in-sec-lsu-ole-miss-georgia

Good read. I still love how UMiss was listed as one of the ready made championship contenders...