PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Mississippi Top 50 Recruits

BeastMan
05-07-2015, 08:41 AM
http://3rdand57.com/2016-mississippi-prospects-top-50/

There is going to be some discussion and not everyone will agree but I worked pretty hard to make sure this list was more than names with numbers thrown out. Wanted to make the most comprehensive MS prospect ranking out there. Enjoy and discuss

Covercorner2
05-07-2015, 08:57 AM
http://3rdand57.com/2016-mississippi-prospects-top-50/

There is going to be some discussion and not everyone will agree but I worked pretty hard to make sure this list was more than names with numbers thrown out. Wanted to make the most comprehensive MS prospect ranking out there. Enjoy and discuss

Scott Lashley is a commit?

BeastMan
05-07-2015, 09:05 AM
Scott Lashley is a commit?

No but probably will be soon. Also, check pm

msstate7
05-07-2015, 09:25 AM
Isn't jones rated much higher by everyone else? Not disagreeing with you. Just wondering why you rate him lower

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-07-2015, 09:31 AM
I could be wrong, but I thought I read on here that Metcalf is stepson/stepdad relationship.

BeastMan
05-07-2015, 09:38 AM
Isn't jones rated much higher by everyone else? Not disagreeing with you. Just wondering why you rate him lower

Benito jones is rated higher by most others but others ratings wasn't how I did this list. For context sake, ESPN has him as the 11th best player in the country and 247 has him as the 5th best player in MS. I have him at #7 which isn't that far off from what some others have. I like Benito and think he's a deserving 4-star prospect. The reason I can't go all out on Benito is size. He's closer to 6' even than 6'2 and will be a guy that probably tops out south of 300 lbs. To me, calling someone a 5-star or an ultra elite prospect is saying that they have high probability to be an early round NFL guy. Go look at the last 5 NFL drafts and show me how many 6'-6'1 DTs get drafted in the early rounds....

Benito is cat quick and an absolute terror in the middle against his current competition which he is bigger than 95% of. I want to see him in college when he is now the undersized guy. In short, I absolutely believe he is a great player and a legit 4-star and I don't think I'm speaking out of school or "downing" him by saying that. I'd love to have him at my school.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-07-2015, 09:42 AM
Great list. Only couple differences I have is I'd move Raekwon down a few spots & Nero & Quincy would flip flop. Great job & I like the comparisons you made gives the guy that's not an avid recruiter a picture of the kid.

FISHDAWG
05-07-2015, 11:13 AM
I didn't look through the entire list ... any kickers on there ? Maybe compile a list of kickers across the country and submit it to Ifyouonlyknew for his review & recruitment

HancockCountyDog
05-07-2015, 11:15 AM
Great List!

Also, there are a lot of kids on that list, that if they tried to commit to MSU, OM or several other top SEC schools right now that claim an offer, they may get this response from the coach recruiting them:

http://i.imgur.com/Qigp7pV.gif

tcdog70
05-07-2015, 02:17 PM
Where are other Noxubee Players?. The QB threw for lot's of TDs and Yardage.

SouthMsDawg
05-07-2015, 02:30 PM

Don't think that he is a legit D1 QB prospect

Ifyouonlyknew
05-07-2015, 02:34 PM

Timorris Conner. He will be a Sr this upcoming year but he's only about 5'10" 5'11".

ZedFedder
05-07-2015, 04:15 PM
I could be wrong, but I thought I read on here that Metcalf is stepson/stepdad relationship.

He's adopted. Terrance is his legal guardian and father.

RIdog
05-07-2015, 05:54 PM
Thanks for posting , great list for me as i'm not always up on recruiting and the comparisons to other players really comes in handy . :)

Todd4State
05-07-2015, 06:05 PM
He's adopted. Terrance is his legal guardian and father.

An Ole Miss booster adopting a big time recruit? They should make a movie about that.

Todd4State
05-07-2015, 06:06 PM
Grayson Gunter just added an offer from Tulane a day or two ago.

I enjoyed the list. My gosh- Oxford is loaded this year.

BeastMan
05-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Grayson Gunter just added an offer from Tulane a day or two ago.

I enjoyed the list. My gosh- Oxford is loaded this year.

Gunter us from good stock. Dad played at Ole Miss. His offer sheet gets better and better and with Brad Peterson, you know his offensive role will increase. Oxford is loaded and so is Meridian. I'd love to see those 2 play particularly Oxford's offense vs Meridian's defense

Boomer15
05-07-2015, 10:35 PM
Alan Lamar is deserving of top 50. Desoto Cetral rb. Will be 3 year starter and 1,00 yard rusher, also plays defense. 4.4 speed, has Ivy League offers and service schools. Duke will probably offer if they haven't. He wants to go to John Hopkins for med school after college. Great kid and football player. Best player on DC.

ShotgunDawg
05-07-2015, 11:05 PM
Great list & very informative!

One question though: In regards to Dickens, why is an edge rusher, with the ceiling of Greg Hardy, only the 11th best player in the state?

From an NFL value perspective, I would think that guy would be in the top 3.

shoeless joe
05-08-2015, 07:04 AM
My gosh- Oxford is loaded this year.

You should see who all they have coming back to baseball next year also...

Political Hack
05-08-2015, 07:40 AM
did I count right? almost 30 kids have SEC/big time D1 offers? That's pretty deep.

BeastMan
05-08-2015, 08:40 AM
Great list & very informative!

One question though: In regards to Dickens, why is an edge rusher, with the ceiling of Greg Hardy, only the 11th best player in the state?

From an NFL value perspective, I would think that guy would be in the top 3.

He's a freak of nature but he's very very raw. There isn't much separating him and the guys ahead of him. Razor thin margins.

HancockCountyDog
05-08-2015, 09:40 AM
did I count right? almost 30 kids have SEC/big time D1 offers? That's pretty deep.

The way schools are recruiting Im not sure how many of those are solid offers. Im not going to name names, but if several of those kids wanted to commit to us that are claiming an offer, we would ask them if they were sure.

ZedFedder
05-08-2015, 09:59 AM
Terrence married DK's mom when he was young. His real father was never present or a factor. So, this isn't a case of getting him so he could come to OM. Terrence has always been The father figure.