PDA

View Full Version : Dan Mullen cant croot Mane

Coach34
05-04-2015, 07:13 PM
http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-sports/2011/02/dan_mullen_mississippi_state_g.html

It's always funny to look back at dumbasses and what they write after the fact

Now the spin is we lost too much "talent" to be any good next year. At some point people need to figure out that the redshirting program Mullen stayed committed to is now paying off.

missouridawg
05-04-2015, 07:18 PM
I think we should all email this clown and remind him of this article.

Really Clark?
05-04-2015, 07:25 PM
Yeah he nailed that class alright.***

GreenheadDawg
05-04-2015, 07:29 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing

Homedawg
05-04-2015, 07:34 PM
http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-sports/2011/02/dan_mullen_mississippi_state_g.html

Now the spin is we lost too much "talent" to be any good next year. At some point people need to figure out that the redshirting program Mullen stayed committed to is now paying off.
This^^^^ amen. Just stay the course and it's the best way for us to win. Dan gets it.

maroonmania
05-04-2015, 07:42 PM

Or better yet email it to Barrett "recruiting stars" Sallee and tell him THESE are the guys you say we will take a significant step back losing next year.

engie
05-04-2015, 07:44 PM
His twitter: https://twitter.com/TheMikeHerndon

Liverpooldawg
05-04-2015, 07:45 PM
LOL......I bet he would never admit even now that that was possibly MSU's best class ever. It was a great class by most any program's standards. All you need to be a "recruiting expert" is a keyboard.

thatguy1
05-04-2015, 07:58 PM
Bloggers just type to they can get clicks so they can try and get an actual job to get out of momma's basement. Guy probably never played or coached football and think he is an expert.. redic

RougeDawg
05-04-2015, 08:36 PM
These articles past and present are more of an indictment of the other school in the state not developing and wasting supposed ********* talent. They are also an indictment of the current day lazy as F*CK news people. Why is it that no one can comprehend actual W/L results, draft picks, and NFL players? These guys get paid to research sports, evaluate actual results and compose articles, yet they can't draw any conclusions that one program in the State does a lot more and develops players with supposed less *******'s and another keeps coming up short with a supposed full cupboard? It should be as simple as 2+2=4 but these morons, Asschaps included, essentially are lacking the common sense, data comprehension gene to develop articles that make sense.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-04-2015, 09:05 PM
To be a fair a large portion of our fanbase was saying the same thing at the time. Go to any message board back then the meltdowns over CJ, Snoop, Tobias, Whitehead, etc were all of epic proportions. It was very few people who actually believed what Mullen was saying. He hadn't convinced the fanbase he knew what he was doing in recruiting yet.

Pollodawg
05-04-2015, 09:12 PM
To be a fair a large portion of our fanbase was saying the same thing at the time. Go to any message board back then the meltdowns over CJ, Snoop, Tobias, Whitehead, etc were all of epic proportions. It was very few people who actually believed what Mullen was saying. He hadn't convinced the fanbase he knew what he was doing in recruiting yet.

This. Most of our own fans had worse things to say about that class than some of the "less friendly" beat writers.

Coach34
05-04-2015, 09:27 PM
Fans are fanatics and emotional. People have wanted Mullen fired, want Cohen fired, etc...Sportswriters are paid to be more objective and insightful- thats their job.

blacklistedbully
05-04-2015, 09:35 PM
I tweeted this:
"Hey moron, remember when you laughed at Mullen's 2011 class? McKinney, Slay, Smith, Jones, J Rob, and Cox signed with NFL."

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-04-2015, 09:54 PM
Ok; I'm lazy. I know someone knows it off the top of their heads....give me a list of the players from this year who were drafted or signed FA and also those who will be Sr's next year that will most likely be drafted.

Pawl is getting an email from me on this one. He'll put it on his show and we'll get some positive air. That's how you shut these dumb ****s up.

blacklistedbully
05-04-2015, 10:01 PM
Ok; I'm lazy. I know someone knows it off the top of their heads....give me a list of the players from this year who were drafted or signed FA and also those who will be Sr's next year that will most likely be drafted.

Pawl is getting an email from me on this one. He'll put it on his show and we'll get some positive air. That's how you shut these dumb ****s up.

Don't forget Darius Slay was also in that 2011 class. Included:

B-Mac
Darius Slay
Preston Smith
J Rob
PJ Jones
Justn Cox

All of these on NFL rosters today.

That class also included Dak Prescott, Justin Malone and more.

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-04-2015, 10:34 PM
There's a post on 'Foom talking about the number of players drafted by state. Mississippi is way down the line, so naturally they jump in with "that is why we need to recruit out of state", yada, yada, yada.

I read somewhere today where over the last five years, MSU has had 16 players drafted, USM-4 and OM-4

Please feel free to keep recruiting like you are doing.

ShotgunDawg
05-04-2015, 10:51 PM

We get it Dan. Your awesome.

SDDawg
05-04-2015, 11:09 PM
HILARIOUS.

justwin
05-04-2015, 11:18 PM

speaking of Bama homer, his response below is pathetic. copied below was written lost November about the same topic. notice how he hid from making any mention of his previous article?

By Mike Herndon | mherndon@al.com
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on November 10, 2014 at 7:15 AM, updated November 10, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Three years ago, Mississippi State brought in a recruiting class that was almost universally maligned. It included just one four-star recruit - the rest were all three-stars - and was rated 35th in the nation by 247Sports, 44th by Rivals and 45th by Scout.com.

But Dan Mullen had his own ideas about his Class of 2011, and it turns out that for the most part, he was right.

Mullen's Bulldogs are 9-0 and ranked No. 1 in the nation heading into this week's SEC West showdown at No. 4 Alabama. And the Class of 2011 is a big reason why.

Quarterback Dak Prescott is among the top candidates for the Heisman with 2,231 yards passing and 18 touchdowns and another 729 yards and 11 scores on the ground. Running back Josh Robinson is second in the SEC in rushing with 984 yards and 11 touchdowns on 140 carries. Linebacker Benardrick McKinney leads the Bulldogs' defense with 55 tackles, while end Preston Smith is the team leader in sacks (7) and tackles for loss (11.5). All four were part of the Class of 2011.

Also from that class has come three players who have started in the secondary this season, safeties Taveze Calhoun and Kendrick Market and cornerback Justin Cox; starting offensive guard Justin Malone; starting defensive tackle P.J. Jones; and a junior-college transfer who is now a starter in the NFL, Detroit Lions cornerback Darius Slay.

"I heard somebody in the media told me, we got bashed, we had a terrible recruiting class that year, we kind of lost in recruiting that year," Mullen recalled last week. "Three years down the road, it would look like we possibly won in recruiting that year."

It's not just that one class, however. Look up and down Mississippi State's roster and you won't find a lot of four- and five-star prospects.

Only three players in Mississippi State's starting lineup this year were rated higher than three stars - four-star receiver Robert Johnson and defensive tackles Kaleb Eulls and Jones, who was the only four-star prospect in that 2011 class. Two other big prospects have been major contributors this year as well - former five-star defensive tackle Chris Jones and four-star cornerback Will Redmond.

Of the Bulldogs' starting offensive line, two were three stars, two were two stars and guard Ben Beckwith, an All-SEC candidate, wasn't rated at all.

Benardrick McKinney

Mississippi State linebacker Benardrick McKinney (50) has put on more than 30 pounds since coming out of high school as a three-star prospect. (AP Photo/Rogelio V. Solis)

Rogelio V. Solis

Prescott, Robinson, McKinney and Smith, who are all up for national honors this year, were all three-star prospects.

McKinney, now a 6-foot-5, 249-pound specimen, weighed 216 and had no other offers from major programs coming out of Rosa Fort High School in Tunica. Robinson had no other SEC offers and only one other offer from a Power 5 school - Oklahoma State. Smith was offered by programs such as West Virginia and Syracuse, but his only SEC offers were from MSU and Kentucky. Prescott racked up 3,800 yards of total offense and 56 touchdowns as a senior in Haughton, La., but Mississippi State was his only SEC offer until LSU jumped into the hunt late in the process.

After Mississippi State jumped into the national picture with a 34-29 win at LSU, Prescott told ESPN's SVP & Russillo that was one of the reasons he went to Mississippi State -- "because I feel like we could beat the LSUs, beat the Alabamas and the other teams in the SEC."

So how has Mullen managed to score big on so many players overlooked by others? Was it simply a matter of finding diamonds in the rough? Or of doing a good job developing players once they get on campus?

Mullen, who has never had a recruiting class ranked higher than 18th in the country, says it's both. He said he and his staff rely heavily on input from high school coaches and trust their own evaluations, regardless of how many stars are behind a player's name or which other schools are recruiting him.

"We've hit a bunch but we've also missed a bunch too, so it's never an exact science," he said. "I look at a lot of rankings and some of it's right on and some of it I disagree with. A lot of our guys, I don't even know who else has offered them and all that stuff. We look at them and say, 'We like you. This is why we like you. This is our plan for you. This is how we'll develop you.'

"Everybody always wants to say on signing day, 'How did you think signing day went?'" he added. "I have a pretty standard answer, and I've told everybody that for years: Check back with me in three years and I'll tell you how this signing day went."

Three years later, it looks like signing day in 2011 went pretty well.

Todd4State
05-04-2015, 11:28 PM

I was more upset that he/our boosters couldn't or didn't close the deal on those guys than I was at Dan himself. I was pretty pissed off at a certain Ole Miss bagman that "advised" one of our recruits to go to Memphis because that was in his best interests and that we allowed it to happen.

I believed in what Dan was doing from a development standpoint- it was obvious even then. But I also felt sad for the players that were led astray and got bad advice because let's be honest- we all saw this coming from a mile away.

It's sad that a school would be more concerned about stars and the names of the schools that their recruits come from than they actually do about the players themselves and how they fit into their system and university.

Todd4State
05-04-2015, 11:31 PM
The funny thing is after reading that article, Joe Morrow did turn out to be the best WR in the state that year when you are talking college career.

I did like they- "who knows? Maybe Josh Robinson is underrated" line.

smootness
05-04-2015, 11:43 PM
The funny thing is after reading that article, Joe Morrow did turn out to be the best WR in the state that year when you are talking college career.

That was definitely Moncrief.

Todd4State
05-05-2015, 12:28 AM
That was definitely Moncrief.

True on that.

However in Dan's defense of his quote- Morrow was the best prospect at the MS/AL All-Star Game since Moncrief didn't get selected.

MadDawg
05-05-2015, 05:24 PM
I read this at first and thought "well, yeah, I mean why would Mullen recruit the state of Maine?"

FlabLoser
05-05-2015, 06:35 PM
I read this at first and thought "well, yeah, I mean why would Mullen recruit the state of Maine?"

Croom would need to.

"Never forget."

MadDawg
05-06-2015, 08:48 AM
Croom would need to.

"Never forget."

+1