PDA

View Full Version : '15 basketball recruiting

msstate7
05-04-2015, 05:12 PM
Any new names coming out? How we looking with dixson?

Noticed that OM, Tennessee, and some smaller programs have offered tookie. Hope he doesn't go to OM

MSUDawg99
05-04-2015, 05:23 PM
Think I read on twitter today that Dixson is down to his final 3 - us, Arky & I forgot the other one.

Yeah it would be a punch in the gut if Tookie went to UM.

MadisonDawg
05-04-2015, 05:27 PM
Think I read on twitter today that Dixson is down to his final 3 - us, Arky & I forgot the other one.

Yeah it would be a punch in the gut if Tookie went to UM.

Bama I'm pretty sure.

whosyourdawgy
05-04-2015, 05:41 PM
And Paul Jones tweeted that we didn't have any official visitors over the weekend as other sources had stated

MSUDawg99
05-04-2015, 05:50 PM
Yeah I saw where they updated that sayin he'd visit later this month with his cousin instead.

C222
05-04-2015, 07:07 PM
Legerald Vick, 2016 SG from Memphis just decommited from SMU. We reached out to him. Could reclassify.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-04-2015, 07:22 PM
Dixson final 3 is MSU, Bama, & Arky. He's OV Arky this coming weekend & MSU the following weekend. I would expect him to OV Bama mid week this week or next.

ScottH
05-04-2015, 09:27 PM
I think if I was a mid tier player I might hold out signing until spring.

It seems the girls get prettier at closing time as teams are grabbing for what's available.

chef dixon
05-04-2015, 09:53 PM
Don't know about adding Dixson for the sake of adding a player

YazooDawg23
05-04-2015, 10:13 PM
I think you take Dixson. He's a bit of a project but I think his upside is very good.

maroonmania
05-04-2015, 11:18 PM
Still a little miffed we couldn't close the deal on Kasongo. Seems we were the perfect fit for him and him the perfect fit for us. I don't think he will be nearly as good a fit to make a big impact for TN at least for next year.

messageboardsuperhero
05-04-2015, 11:28 PM
Anybody know when Lamar Peters is supposed to visit? I heard he was planning on committing sometime this summer.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-04-2015, 11:47 PM
Anybody know when Lamar Peters is supposed to visit? I heard he was planning on committing sometime this summer.

Visiting in June committing in July.

ZedFedder
05-05-2015, 12:23 AM
His video is sick, too. I think he will be ranked much higher before all is said and done. He is killing it on the circuit.

sbcmortgageman
05-05-2015, 05:36 AM
Don't know about adding Dixson for the sake of adding a player

I don't think we are trying to add just to add. It was part of the deal we assured Malik, that we'd add one more big.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-05-2015, 07:05 AM
I don't think we are trying to add just to add. It was part of the deal we assured Malik, that we'd add one more big.

Dixson isn't a big though. He's more like Houston an ultra athletic wing.

msstate7
05-05-2015, 07:14 AM
Dixson isn't a big though. He's more like Houston an ultra athletic wing.

Can dixson shoot? If not, he seems like Houston 2.0 to me

sbcmortgageman
05-05-2015, 07:35 AM
We need a Brandon Vincent to do clean up duty.

msstate7
05-05-2015, 07:37 AM
We need a Brandon Vincent to do clean up duty.

Yes we do. Loved Brandon

Ifyouonlyknew
05-05-2015, 07:59 AM

No idea all the film on him is 2yrs old.

jumbo
05-05-2015, 09:06 AM

he scored 23 over the weekend in a Kentucky-West Virginia all star game

jumbo
05-05-2015, 09:06 AM
Still a little miffed we couldn't close the deal on Kasongo. Seems we were the perfect fit for him and him the perfect fit for us. I don't think he will be nearly as good a fit to make a big impact for TN at least for next year.

that was all his handler imo.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-05-2015, 03:14 PM
Look like Dixson is down to Bama & MSU. He will OV Bama this coming up weekend & then visit MSU the 15-17th.

thf24
05-05-2015, 03:19 PM
Any chance we come up with another legit PF or C? Even with Malik, I'm not sure we're an NCAA team without bringing in another big man who's ready to play; unless two out of Black, Ndoye, and Daniels (assuming he plays a lot of 4 like Howland has alluded to) make a huge jump.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-05-2015, 03:35 PM
I think we're a tourney team right now as is.

MaroomerMill
05-05-2015, 03:46 PM
Legerald Vick, 2016 SG from Memphis just decommited from SMU. We reached out to him. Could reclassify.

This reclassification is probably Coach Cals attempt to make up for missing on Malik

thf24
05-05-2015, 03:49 PM

I'll take your word for it; I'd just feel a lot better if we had or were bringing in a legit 4 we know at this point we can rely on.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-05-2015, 03:52 PM
I'll take your word for it; I'd just feel a lot better if we had or were bringing in a legit 4 we know at this point we can rely on.

Only problem is I'm not sure 1 exist. At least not 1 we could get.

jumbo
05-05-2015, 03:55 PM

we all would, but with the signing deadline 2 weeks away that's going to be a pretty tall task

thf24
05-05-2015, 03:57 PM
Only problem is I'm not sure 1 exist. At least not 1 we could get.

we all would, but with the signing deadline 2 weeks away that's going to be a pretty tall task

Yeah that's what I was assuming; just wondering if there were even any possibilities out there.

smootness
05-05-2015, 04:44 PM

Agreed. We feel like we have to get a 4 now b/c we didn't get Kasongo, but I'm not sure he would have started anyway. Zuppardo and Daniels will be your stretch 4s, and Black will be your defender/rebounder.

msstate7
05-09-2015, 11:11 PM
Any word on dixson or any other guy we're recruiting?

JOHNHEVESYMADE
05-10-2015, 08:22 AM
Agreed. We feel like we have to get a 4 now b/c we didn't get Kasongo, but I'm not sure he would have started anyway. Zuppardo and Daniels will be your stretch 4s, and Black will be your defender/rebounder.

Zuppardo is going to have trouble guarding the 4. I hear he's the best shooter on the team right now (not counting Malik) but that he is very slow. Only way he will be able to play is if Gavin can drop down to 240 and guard the 4 and Zuppardo guard the 5 or we Zone which Howland traditionally doesn't like to do.

maroonmania
05-10-2015, 08:43 AM

Agreed, Kasongo has good athleticism but its still a big question mark how quickly he will translate to being a solid SEC player. No guarantee he would have given us any more than Black will next year as a defender and we know Kasongo is limited offensively. I agree with ifyouonlyknew that we are an NCAA tournament team NOW just by adding Howland as the coach and Malik as a player. Heck, we were most likely a lower NIT type team with Ray and everyone else coming back.

smootness
05-10-2015, 11:52 AM
Zuppardo is going to have trouble guarding the 4. I hear he's the best shooter on the team right now (not counting Malik) but that he is very slow. Only way he will be able to play is if Gavin can drop down to 240 and guard the 4 and Zuppardo guard the 5 or we Zone which Howland traditionally doesn't like to do.

You may be right. We may go Ware/Zuppardo at the 5 and Daniels/Black at the 4.

msstate7
05-12-2015, 06:04 PM
Dixson got 2 CB's to bama today. It'll be a little deflating if we lose him too.

Raytoraid83
05-12-2015, 07:24 PM
Dixson got 2 CB's to bama today. It'll be a little deflating if we lose him too.
Dixson and his brother Motrell (class of 2016 and the main reason we want dikembe) are visiting this weekend. We'll see how things stand then. Howland and Malik are also still on Caleb Swanigan, but he's a pipe dream. Not too worried about this class, we got Malik, anyone else is just a bonus. 2016 class should be loaded.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-12-2015, 09:29 PM
Noah Dickerson is the 2015 guy we really needing to put the press on. Just asked for his release from Florida. Played at Montverde Academy but he's from Atlanta maybe there's a connection to McCray somewhere. 6'8" PF puts me in the mind of Mario Austin.

BeardoMSU
05-12-2015, 09:34 PM
Noah Dickerson is the 2015 guy we really needing to put the press on. Just asked for his release from Florida. Played at Montverde Academy but he's from Atlanta maybe there's a connection to McCray somewhere. 6'8" PF puts me in the mind of Mario Austin.

Do you know if we're actively going after this guy, or is this just something you think should happen?

Ifyouonlyknew
05-12-2015, 09:39 PM
Do you know if we're actively going after this guy, or is this just something you think should happen?

Just a suggestion right now. Kid just asked for his release a couple hours ago.

smootness
05-12-2015, 09:50 PM

Yep. I was hoping this would happen. No clue if we have any kind of chance, but we should definitely try.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-13-2015, 02:18 PM
Dixson and his brother Motrell (class of 2016 and the main reason we want dikembe) are visiting this weekend. We'll see how things stand then. Howland and Malik are also still on Caleb Swanigan, but he's a pipe dream. Not too worried about this class, we got Malik, anyone else is just a bonus. 2016 class should be loaded.

Looks like we've pushed Dixson's visit back another week, must be something brewing...

ScottH
05-13-2015, 02:55 PM
Looks like we've pushed Dixson's visit back another week, must be something brewing...

Probably best not played out on a message board. Just patiently wait.

BiscuitEater
05-13-2015, 03:16 PM

Noah Dickerson release from Florida specifies NO SEC Schools. Don't have a clue if there is 'any' way around that.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-13-2015, 03:20 PM
Probably best not played out on a message board. Just patiently wait.

LOL uh ok. I don't think an update on a prospect visit is going to hurt anybody.

jumbo
05-13-2015, 03:38 PM
LOL uh ok. I don't think an update on a prospect visit is going to hurt anybody.

we told him not to come.

Johnson85
05-13-2015, 04:12 PM
Noah Dickerson release from Florida specifies NO SEC Schools. Don't have a clue if there is 'any' way around that.

Does that mean he has to sit out two years if he comes to an SEC school? Or does it just means he'd have to sit out one year?

jumbo
05-14-2015, 09:36 AM
Does that mean he has to sit out two years if he comes to an SEC school? Or does it just means he'd have to sit out one year?

It means he can't sign a financial aid agreement with an SEC school.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-14-2015, 09:44 AM
He would have to pay his own way for 1yr if he signed with a SEC school. I don't expect him to play in the SEC if they put that stipulation on him.

smootness
05-14-2015, 10:03 AM

That's complete bullcrap from Florida. The kid hasn't even shown up on campus yet, and there was a coaching change. It's crap to stipulate anything on a release in that situation.

Dawg496
05-14-2015, 10:22 AM
That's complete bullcrap from Florida. The kid hasn't even shown up on campus yet, and there was a coaching change. It's crap to stipulate anything on a release in that situation.

Don't expect anything less from the master douchelord himself - Jeremy Foley.

msstate7
05-14-2015, 10:34 AM

I'm sure Dickerson played aau ball with a lot of high profile guys that won't like how Noah was treated

Ifyouonlyknew
05-14-2015, 10:43 AM
I'm sure Dickerson played aau ball with a lot of high profile guys that won't like how Noah was treated

Michael White tenure at Florida will be determined by how well he recruits. Saying that I don't think this decision will have any effect on him recruiting guys going forward.