Coach34
05-03-2015, 04:01 PM
http://nflrt.com/2016-nfl-mock-draft/2/

Has Kimchee 4th...Paidwell 6th...not even a mention of Big Softie anywhere

Also, in it's "other top prospects" section- it lists:

DeRunnya Wilson
Chris Jones
Tony Conner

We're looking at Prescott, Redmond, Jones, and Wilson possibly being drafted in the 1st or 2nd round next year. They have to do their thing this year obviously- just like Preston Smith did. But I like their chances

Coach34
05-03-2015, 04:06 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/5/2/8534321/2016-nfl-mock-draft-prospects-cardale-jones-joey-bosa-christian-hackenberg-connor-cook-

Here's another with:

Big Softie- 10th overall
Chris Jones- 20th
Kimchee- 22nd
Conner- 28th

This is about where I see Kimchee going

thatguy1
05-03-2015, 04:10 PM
Yea, I think Dak would have been drafted before that overrated short CB they had this year

Bamadawg
05-04-2015, 12:46 AM
2nd round was a little high for him, no pun intended, but 10 picks in one season will catch anyone's attention. I do agree that Dak will be late 1st or early 2nd round. It's interesting that Big Softie is projected to go lower than the other two just because of the demand for quality OL.

Dallas_Dawg
05-04-2015, 09:16 AM
Yea, I think Dak would have been drafted before that overrated short CB they had this year

Is this guy banned yet?

ShotgunDawg
05-04-2015, 09:28 AM
It will be another interesting discussion this year between Kimchee & Jones.

Following their freshmen year, I thought Jones was the better player & had a higher ceiling. However, in an attempt to be as unbiased as I can, I actually think that Kimchee passed Jones last season. I still believe that Chris possesses a higher ceiling than Kimchee & is a better person off the field, but it isn't about who is the better person and, at this moment, Kimchee simply plays with more of a chip on his shoulder than Jones.

This is a huge year for Chris. Kimchee plays with an attitude, aggressiveness, & violence and Jones looks passive at times. The difference is Kimchee is a natural ass-hole & Jones is naturally a good kid that is learning to play the game. If Chris can gain that edge, he passes Kimchee immediately, IMO, but until then, Kimchee is going to be better than him.

I realize this opinion is probably not shared by most on here, but this is the way I see it. Chris needs to step up & play with urgency.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-04-2015, 10:02 AM
This is definitely a defining season for Chris. The talent is there but that light has to come on & realize that millions of dollars are available in 12 months if I do what I'm capable of. I really think Chris has a Fletcher Cox Jr. year this season & is a top 15 pick.

smootness
05-04-2015, 10:17 AM
Also, FWIW, Walter Football lists Calhoun as a 1st-3rd rounder for next year.

Dawg496
05-04-2015, 10:27 AM
We have a ton of talent vying for the first round as well. Albeit they are much less sure things than OM's bunch but would it shock anyone if any of the following names were called in the first round next year:

-Chris Jones
-Dak Prescott
-Will Redmond
-Taveze Calhoun
-Bear Wilson

I certainly would not be. Not saying all five will be there but each of them have been mentioned as possibilities and you've got to think they all go in the Top 3 rounds plus maybe a couple others.

thatguy1
05-04-2015, 10:30 AM
Really man? I have a legit opinion that others on this board have posted as well and I should be banned? Thanks man. Hail State

Coach34
05-04-2015, 11:12 AM
Yep- it's not about ability. Jones has to decide he is ready to become a millionaire and make it happen in 2015

DownwardDawg
05-04-2015, 11:16 AM
Yep- it's not about ability. Jones has to decide he is ready to become a millionaire and make it happen in 2015

His new coach will help with that. I think Diaz will make a difference.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-04-2015, 11:52 AM
We have a ton of talent vying for the first round as well. Albeit they are much less sure things than OM's bunch but would it shock anyone if any of the following names were called in the first round next year:

-Chris Jones
-Dak Prescott
-Will Redmond
-Taveze Calhoun
-Bear Wilson

I certainly would not be. Not saying all five will be there but each of them have been mentioned as possibilities and you've got to think they all go in the Top 3 rounds plus maybe a couple others.

4 out of those 5 could be 1st Rd guys. Taveze just won't have the combine #'s to be a 1st Rd pick.

Coach34
05-04-2015, 12:09 PM
Agreed. I think Calhoun ends up 2nd-3rd round and ends up a nickel CB for a few years for someone.