PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone confirmed that Chris Jones has qualified and is enrolled?

HancockCountyDog
07-02-2013, 10:23 AM
I think he has a monster impact this year, yes even as a freshman, but last I saw he still wasn't qualified. Im assuming there is nothing to worry about and I just wanted to see if anyone has heard anything.

Coach34
07-02-2013, 10:32 AM
He took a class- and supposedly all he had to do was make a C in it and he was good to go.

I'll be surprised if Jones makes a big impact this year. He is super-talented but very raw. He will need alot of technique work to be SEC ready. It's going to be hard for him to take reps from Preston Smith and Autry.

J-Dawg
07-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Paul Jones say he got an A in the class and is expected to enroll July 9th with BJ Hammond and Trent Simpson.

noledawg
07-02-2013, 10:53 AM
Paul Jones say he got an A in the class and is expected to enroll July 9th with BJ Hammond and Trent Simpson.

Did I miss something? I thought Simpson was JUCO bound. If so, did the recent dismissal(s) have an impact on this? Also, isn't Simpson the recruit that was contemplating playing baseball?

Coach34
07-02-2013, 11:05 AM
Yeah, Simpson is going to get one of the new open schollys...and yes, he can play baseball. Not sure if he will

noledawg
07-02-2013, 11:19 AM
Yeah, Simpson is going to get one of the new open schollys...and yes, he can play baseball. Not sure if he will

Thanks Coach. Do you know if he is good enough at baseball to help the team?

engie
07-02-2013, 11:32 AM
I heard some rumblings about Simpson enrolling even with the delay in getting his football scholarship and going through fall practice with the baseball team? Could be bs...

MitchD24
07-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Simpson would help the the baseball team out tremendously at the plate.. Kid hits with a lot of power

engie
07-02-2013, 11:41 AM

Yes. Of the 2 sports, it's almost certainly his better one.

He hit 6 homeruns in the playoffs last year in 3 games. No idea on his full statsheet.

Sandman14
07-02-2013, 11:47 AM
Jones won't be playing as an 18-year old against the grown ass men of the SEC. Hope I'm wrong.

Contribution will be about like our baby DTs last season (at best).

msstate7
07-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Yes. Of the 2 sports, it's almost certainly his better one.

He hit 6 homeruns in the playoffs last year in 3 games. No idea on his full statsheet.

1b?

msstate7
07-02-2013, 11:50 AM
Jones won't be playing as an 18-year old against the grown ass men of the SEC. Hope I'm wrong.

Contribution will be about like our baby DTs last season (at best).
I could see him get some 3rd and long type playing time. He could beat tackles with speed instead of power.