PDA

View Full Version : May/Pac

cbrunt29
05-02-2015, 07:10 PM
Who ya got?

cbrunt29
05-02-2015, 07:11 PM
I honestly think Money wins, but I'll be rooting for PacMan just because I can't stand Mayweather

JohnnyQuid
05-02-2015, 07:13 PM
I honestly think Money wins, but I'll be rooting for PacMan just because I can't stand Mayweather

Same.

War Machine Dawg
05-02-2015, 07:18 PM
$$$$$$

Leroy Jenkins
05-02-2015, 07:23 PM

The opinion of nearly everyone I know.

smootness
05-02-2015, 07:58 PM
This fight is 5 years too late. I honestly can't believe it's getting the hype it is. Both are past their prime.

It will go the distance, it will be boring, and Mayweather will win.

DownwardDawg
05-02-2015, 08:00 PM

^^^ This^^^

DownwardDawg
05-02-2015, 08:00 PM
This fight is 5 years too late. I honestly can't believe it's getting the hype it is. Both are past their prime.

^^^ And this^^^^

Bothrops
05-02-2015, 08:25 PM
Anyone watching it??

DownwardDawg
05-02-2015, 08:31 PM
Anyone watching it??

No. They bought it offshore. I can watch for free but I'll be passed out.

shannondawg
05-02-2015, 08:36 PM

You got it right. Its hard to believe that this much attention is paid for two over the hill fighters. I guess mostly cause everyone is hoping that Mayweather may get his ass whipped, but I seriously doubt it.

JohnnyQuid
05-02-2015, 09:02 PM
http://cricfree.sx/watch/live/manny-pacquiao-vs-floyd-mayweather-jr-live-streaming

to close the adds on the screen u have to look for the "x's" that arent in corners - those just send u to adds. DONT update ur video player or anything if it asks u to..... but hey its a free stream if anyone wants

TheRef
05-02-2015, 09:05 PM
I'm watching it.

War Machine Dawg
05-02-2015, 10:34 PM
I'm watching. #TeamMoney (Sports need villains as much as heroes)

smootness
05-02-2015, 10:48 PM

Yeah, but he's not just a 'sports villain'. He's a truly despicable human being.

confucius say
05-02-2015, 10:52 PM

Cohen is a villain

scottycameron
05-02-2015, 10:55 PM
Yeah, but he's not just a 'sports villain'. He's a truly despicable human being.

exactly, that's why he's a good fighter. The irony is overwhelming with this stuff.

TheRef
05-02-2015, 11:54 PM
No. He's undefeated because he just runs around the ring and curls up...people wonder why no one watches boxing anymore? Fights like this are why. They literally had the chance to bring up a whole generation of people who will say "Man...boxing is exciting to watch." And we just watched two guys hug and run around the ring. Nope....overrated to hell and a big fat steaming pile of s***.

smootness
05-02-2015, 11:57 PM
Well, it went the distance, it was boring, and Mayweather won.

JohnnyQuid
05-03-2015, 12:00 AM
what a horribly boring as **** fight. id rather pay $200 for a ufc full card than $2 for a boxing main event. this shits horrible i feel bad for some suckers

JohnnyQuid
05-03-2015, 12:01 AM
No. He's undefeated because he just runs around the ring and curls up...people wonder why no one watches boxing anymore? Fights like this are why. They literally had the chance to bring up a whole generation of people who will say "Man...boxing is exciting to watch." And we just watched two guys hug and run around the ring. Nope....overrated to hell and a big fat steaming pile of s***.

nobody stands toe to toe and slugs away. mayweather is a defensive champ in boxing... cool. and ppl say hes greatest ever? tyson would punch him out the ****ing ring in 1 slug. and this dumb kid thinks he's better than ali. ****KKKKKKKK SAKE

ETA: the two mexiacans fighting before the main event were the best fight of the night. 1 guy had less than 2 weeks notice. they didnt give a shit. hands'aflying.

TheRef
05-03-2015, 12:05 AM
nobody stands toe to toe and slugs away. mayweather is a defensive champ in boxing... cool. and ppl say hes greatest ever? tyson would punch him out the ****ing ring in 1 slug. and this dumb kid thinks he's better than ali. ****KKKKKKKK SAKE

Well tonight will swing anyone who is on the fence about enjoying boxing to the side of not ever wanting to watch it again. I agree with what Dan Mullen said on twitter "It's a shame this is the best boxing has to offer." Boxing is quickly losing relevancy to UFC, because UFC is actually entertaining to watch. Boxing used to be as popular as UFC.

smootness
05-03-2015, 12:06 AM
Haha well in defense of Mayweather (pains me to do that), of course Tyson would kill him; he outweighs him by about 100 pounds.

smootness
05-03-2015, 12:08 AM
There are several problems with boxing:

1) No real heavyweights (or only one at a time) for two full decades.
2) Boxers can choose when and who they will fight for themselves. So a fight like this, which could have potentially been something 5 years ago, only happens once Mayweather isn't afraid of losing, and because of that, neither fighter is what they were and it's pointless.
3) You are rewarded for simply playing defense the entire match. Mayweather is obviously great at it, but you shouldn't gain points by just not being hit.

SDDawg
05-03-2015, 12:47 AM
2 decent rounds, the rest were shit. Mayweather lands 2 or 3 punches and runs away. Awful.

JohnnyQuid
05-03-2015, 12:48 AM
There are several problems with boxing:

1) No real heavyweights (or only one at a time) for two full decades.
2) Boxers can choose when and who they will fight for themselves. So a fight like this, which could have potentially been something 5 years ago, only happens once Mayweather isn't afraid of losing, and because of that, neither fighter is what they were and it's pointless.
3) You are rewarded for simply playing defense the entire match. Mayweather is obviously great at it, but you shouldn't gain points by just not being hit.

All this. The "association" should make matches. It's why ufc is winning. They give fans matches they want. And they gI've points for "ring control" which means ur the agressive guy. Hate mayweather style

BeardoMSU
05-03-2015, 01:33 AM
I sure am glad I spent the 100 quid for PPV***

Dawg61
05-03-2015, 02:11 AM

This has been Mayweather's entire career. He just runs his mouth a ton and runs around the ring. He sucks. Him telling everyone he's the greatest forever and him exploiting people's need to see a fighter live a rapstar's lifestyle is all he is. Mayweather showed off his cars to Stephen A. Smith and he's got seven in his garage worth over $15 mill total and his response is that he doesn't even drive them. He's trash. Just wants to flaunt money all day and dance around any tough fight. He only fights when he's guaranteed to win. He isn't the heavyweight division he's 145 lbs of boring flashy trash. Much much much rather spend $100 on Tyson vs Holyfield. Too bad the heavyweight division has been shit since Lennox Lewis retired.

Bothrops
05-03-2015, 05:05 AM
Well it's not that it has necessarily sucked, just no one has been able to beat Klitschko in a decade. No American fighter has been able to reclaim the heavyweight title, hence part of the reason for boxing's huge decline in popularity. After Lewis retired, Emanuele Steward took Klitschko under his wing and made him almost unstoppable. His 3 losses were early in his career. He's not quite as good as Lewis was in my opinion, but would destroy any of the previous champs before Lewis.

If Wladimir Klitschko had his brother's chin (Vitali Klitschko), he would be the best heavyweight fighter of all time, without challenge.

Dawgface
05-03-2015, 06:56 AM
Well tonight will swing anyone who is on the fence about enjoying boxing to the side of not ever wanting to watch it again. I agree with what Dan Mullen said on twitter "It's a shame this is the best boxing has to offer." Boxing is quickly losing relevancy to UFC, because UFC is actually entertaining to watch. Boxing used to be as popular as UFC.

That was the first fight I have watched in 10+ years. Fortunately it was the free streaming version. Now I remember why I quit watching. It sucks.

BeastMan
05-03-2015, 09:56 AM
The problem with the heavyweight division is the best 2 boxers the last decade are Russian and rarely leave Russia to fight.

I thought the fight was fine. If you've ever watched Mayweather fight, he's a defense counter puncher. He's so fast no one can really hit him. I can't stand Floyd and was rooting for him to lose but watched him last night in awe of how quick and technical of a boxer he is. His style might not be fireworks but it's unreal how talented he is. The biggest disappointment to me was how few punches Pac threw. After the first 4 rounds I was waiting for him to really pick it up and get busy. He had too much respect for Floyd's counters. Pac's only chance was to turn it into a slugfest and he never did.

Nobody goes toe to toe and just slugs it out. Doing that would lead to a lot of really quick fights.