PDA

View Full Version : Pumpin' some shine into this years FB schedule.

Leroy Jenkins
05-02-2015, 04:46 PM
Looking at the conference schedule, and who our opponent plays the week before they play us. We are the next opponent following LSU 4 times this year. In the past the LSU hangover was a well-known phenomenon, teams who played the tigahs had a low winning percentage the next week. Hope it continues.

Vs. LSU - Home. Early. Like it.

@AU - We get a tune up the week before (Northwestern), while they get LSU.

@aTm - Aggies coming off tough game @ Upig.

Vs. UK - Just not good enough to beat us. We get Troy the week before, while they get AU.

@Mizzou - Thursday. Aint skeered.

Vs. Bama - Coming off LSU @ home, we're coming off a Thursday game with 2 extra prep days @ home.

@Arky - Coming off @LSU. Gonna be tough. We're coming off a physical game too with Bama.

Vs. Bears - Coming off LSU @ home. Egg comes back to the good guys.

cbrunt29
05-02-2015, 05:17 PM
So basically LSU is our best buddy after September 12th

Leroy Jenkins
05-03-2015, 08:20 AM
Honestly, I like the schedule with the exception of Arkansas before the bears. Wish we could slide an easy non-conf game in there like UA and AU do. They play Charleston southern and Idaho before the iron bowl.

dickiedawg
05-03-2015, 09:03 AM
Agreed. Last year was a welcome break from the usual season-ending gauntlet.

Coach34
05-03-2015, 09:22 AM
yeahhhh, that Bama, UPig, Ole Missus finish will be tough- but 2 of them are at home.

I strongly worry we drop the UPig and Auburn games and end up 10-2 again.

BossDawg
05-03-2015, 10:34 AM
Geesh....I'd hate to be anybody associated with UMiss that comes to Davis Wade this year. It's gonna be a lunatic asylum for the criminally insane. Even Bama....hopefully we can rattle their sideline enough.

TheRef
05-03-2015, 10:39 AM
yeahhhh, that Bama, UPig, Ole Missus finish will be tough- but 2 of them are at home.

I strongly worry we drop the UPig and Auburn games and end up 10-2 again.

I have a feeling that we will drop the game against Arkansas. It's in Fayetteville, a place we haven't been in God knows how long since we've always just played them in LR. Fayetteville is a very tough place to play, and that late in the year, we might have snow/ice to deal with.

Bothrops
05-03-2015, 11:40 AM
At Arkansas and Mizzou are possible loses imo. Arkansas is going to be tough to stop for 4 qtrs, especially at home. Mizzou doesn't lose many SEC games, period.

Rayburn8
05-03-2015, 12:01 PM
In Diaz we trust.

BulldogBear
05-03-2015, 02:39 PM
At Arkansas and Mizzou are possible loses imo. Arkansas is going to be tough to stop for 4 qtrs, especially at home. Mizzou doesn't lose many SEC games, period.This is my thinking at this point. My way too early prediction is 10-2 with losses to these two. But we better win at Mizzou anyway 'cause I'm making the trip dagummit!

thatguy1
05-03-2015, 04:14 PM
I think 11-1, only concern is Bama

DistrictDawg92
05-03-2015, 06:44 PM
We could win every SEC game next year, and we could also lose 5. Week 2 is gonna be a big one, if we beat LSU we could make some serious noise again, but if we lose to them I see 8. Feels good to truly believe that we could win every game we play, but it's just so hard in the west. I see 9-3 with the 3 loses coming from Bama, Auburn, LSU, Arky, or Mizzou. I just don't like the sound of playing @mizzou, @auburn, and @ark, and Bama and LSU are both always gonna be a tough win at home or not. Everyone is just kinda counting A&M out, we gotta go to College Station and it won't be a cake walk, they have talent if they can put it together they'll be a tough win to. I think we go about 50/50 on the games that could go either way and get to another nice bowl at 9-3. Last year raised expectations, but I'll take 9-3 all day.

Dawgcentral
05-03-2015, 06:54 PM
Don't have any choice other than to believe Diaz will game plan for these teams. As I've said before, Arky is the team on the way up. Dan gives Auburn a hell of a game no matter where we play. A & M will have to show me they play defense. Avoid the big let-down game against a truly inferior opponent, (Like Kentucky/Missourri), and we'll have a good year.

THE Bruce Dickinson
05-03-2015, 07:12 PM
Calling Missouri inferior is silly. I don't care what anyone thinks, but that game is going to be a battle. Thursday night home teams are especially tough as well.

Dawgcentral
05-03-2015, 07:17 PM
Calling Missouri inferior is silly. I don't care what anyone thinks, but that game is going to be a battle. Thursday night home teams are especially tough as well.

You could be right. They lost quite a bit this year, so I'm thinking they're due for a rough time. They have a good QB, maybe a bit more, but I think it's time they fall a little in the East.

BulldogBear
05-03-2015, 09:45 PM
Don't have any choice other than to believe Diaz will game plan for these teams. As I've said before, Arky is the team on the way up. Dan gives Auburn a hell of a game no matter where we play. A & M will have to show me they play defense. Avoid the big let-down game against a truly inferior opponent, (Like Kentucky/Missourri), and we'll have a good year.
This^

Until they actually develop a D that can stop a decent team they will not challenge for the West again without a once in a generation JFF.2

Talented? Yes. I guess, but I wonder if TX high school talent is a bit overrated as a whole and particularly with defensive players.

Bullmutt
05-04-2015, 11:17 AM
Everyone seems to discount the fact that the Aggies have a pretty well known new sheriff in town on the defensive side. Does no one feel his presence will make itself felt in year one?

bgover4
05-04-2015, 11:56 AM
Everyone seems to discount the fact that the Aggies have a pretty well known new sheriff in town on the defensive side. Does no one feel his presence will make itself felt in year one?

I with you bullmutt, I think both A&M and Auburn made good hires. A&M got one of the best if not the top DC in the league to go along with an offense that is gonna be good every year. They may take a year to get things organized and get the players comfortable with the system, but i could see them putting together a pretty good team now that both sides of the ball will be well coached.

I think maybe auburn did a little better though. Gus is always gonna have a good offense and having a guy come in that can take over the D and has that kinda of experience will really help auburn.

I hope Diaz comes in, hangs around and builds the kinda resume those 2 coaches have.

Johnson85
05-04-2015, 12:33 PM
Looking at the conference schedule, and who our opponent plays the week before they play us. We are the next opponent following LSU 4 times this year. In the past the LSU hangover was a well-known phenomenon, teams who played the tigahs had a low winning percentage the next week. Hope it continues.

Vs. LSU - Home. Early. Like it.

@AU - We get a tune up the week before (Northwestern), while they get LSU.

@aTm - Aggies coming off tough game @ Upig.

Vs. UK - Just not good enough to beat us. We get Troy the week before, while they get AU.

@Mizzou - Thursday. Aint skeered.

Vs. Bama - Coming off LSU @ home, we're coming off a Thursday game with 2 extra prep days @ home.

@Arky - Coming off @LSU. Gonna be tough. We're coming off a physical game too with Bama.

Vs. Bears - Coming off LSU @ home. Egg comes back to the good guys.

Biggest concerns: @ark, Bama, and @Au
Then: @Mizzou, v. Bears
I actually feel most confident about UK, then LSU, then @A&M (assuming new DC doesn't work wonders).

I'd like to think that 4-4 is the floor even though there are seven games we could lose. I could believe 7-1 but realistically, think 5-3 is the mark. 5-3 and we've had a good year, 4-4 and it's been disappointing, anything beyond 5-3 is gravy.

NCDawg
05-04-2015, 02:53 PM
In Diaz we trust.

Agreed. We need to get back to Atlanta again-it was great back in '98. The years are fleeing by and we need to get there again before everybody gets too old to really enjoy it.

smootness
05-04-2015, 03:09 PM
The season will hinge on those two games at Auburn and A&M. Win both, and I really like our chances to beat Missouri and steamroll our way into the newest 'biggest game in our history,' home against Bama. Win that, and it's downhill.

Lose both the early games, and suddenly the Mizzou and Bama games become tougher and necessary.

Split, and who knows.

I think we beat LSU, Kentucky, and Ole Miss; the rest are toss-ups to at least some degree.