PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Beadle and Rachel Nichols BANNED from Money/Pac fight

TheRef
05-02-2015, 11:29 AM
So Money Mayweather's camp has banned Michelle Beadle and Rachel Nichols from attending tonight's fight at the MGM Grand. They stripped their credentials, and basically forced MGM to keep them out of the building. While you can have an opinion one way or another on those two, it's setting a bad precedent when athletes can ban reporters from covering an event because they don't like them.

dawgs
05-02-2015, 11:38 AM
Maybe mayweather just shouldn't beat women and then reporters wouldn't have to report negatively on him.

starkvegasdawg
05-02-2015, 11:45 AM
If I were Manny is make them my part of my ring entrance entourage.

Bully13
05-02-2015, 11:48 AM
So Money Mayweather's camp has banned Michelle Beadle and Rachel Nichols from attending tonight's fight at the MGM Grand. They stripped their credentials, and basically forced MGM to keep them out of the building. While you can have an opinion one way or another on those two, it's setting a bad precedent when athletes can ban reporters from covering an event because they don't like them.

I wasn't aware a camp could legally ban a reporter from an event. can they?

Ifyouonlyknew
05-02-2015, 11:49 AM
Not to start a war but don't many of yall say Dan & other MSU coaches should do the same thing to newspaper reporters & recruiting guys yall don't like? He basically did what many want Mullen to do to Steve Robertson or certain former newspaper beat writers.

sandwolf
05-02-2015, 11:58 AM
Not to start a war but don't many of yall say Dan & other MSU coaches should do the same thing to newspaper reporters & recruiting guys yall don't like? He basically did what many want Mullen to do to Steve Robertson or certain former newspaper beat writers.

Ha, good point. Out of curiosity, what is your opinion of Robertson? With you apparently being pretty close to the program, I would be interested to know what you think of him and what the coaching staff thinks of him. There are several people on here who will try to make the case that he is legitimately bad for MSU football and that he has done a lot of stuff to hurt us with recruits......I think that is pretty stupid and stems from a dislike for him personally, but I also don't truly know one way or the other. Care to weigh in?

Ifyouonlyknew
05-02-2015, 12:06 PM
I don't think Steve is a bad guy. He is who he is but I don't think he tries to hurt MSU. Does he jump the gun sometime yes. I think a lot of the dislike for Steve stems from 2 instances. The Devinner situation & the premature Alexander commit announcement. Some people hate him some swear by him I'm kind of indifferent.

Rayburn8
05-02-2015, 12:09 PM
WTF? Beadle does not care tho. She said yesterday she going to watch the spurs-clips game seven instead of the fight. Why would you ban Beadle? She is awesome.

TheRef
05-02-2015, 12:10 PM
WTF? Beadle does not care tho. She said yesterday she going to watch the spurs-clips game seven instead of the fight. Why would you ban Beadle? She is awesome.

They both were highly critical of him when the domestic abuse charge came out.

TheRef
05-02-2015, 12:15 PM
Here is the last time Rachel Nichols interviewed Mayweather

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a21U_fXjGTA

Bully13
05-02-2015, 12:18 PM

I can see a coach banning a certain reporter from certain athletic functions but I don't think they could ban them from buying a ticket and coming to a game. some reporters are always looking for a scoop that puts the program , a coach or a player in a negative light. I can see why a coach would not like them around his players during events. I just don't know how you can ban anyone from a sporting event though.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-02-2015, 12:24 PM
I can see a coach banning a certain reporter from certain athletic functions but I don't think they could ban them from buying a ticket and coming to a game. some reporters are always looking for a scoop that puts the program , a coach or a player in a negative light. I can see why a coach would not like them around his players during events. I just don't know how you can ban anyone from a sporting event though.

As a promoter which Mayweather is he has choice on who he gives credentials to. Now like you said they could buy tickets but no way they'd spend thousands of dollars to attend when that money goes directly in his pockets.

smootness
05-02-2015, 02:14 PM
Mayweather is in the top 1% of bad human beings.