PDA

View Full Version : Korey Banks Jr

bulldawg28
05-02-2015, 09:46 AM
Some of you big inside guys should get the ball rolling with Korey Banks Jr. He's a 2016 corner in Sandy Creek Ga. if the name sounds familiar it's because it's MSU' Korey Banks son. He's being listed as a 4 star 6'0 175. He's run a 4.3 at every camp and is picking up big offers. He's already been offered by Michigan, Arizona, Wisconsin, and a few others. When I watch him play I see Will Redmond all over again. He's an extremely gifted player with great instincts, cover, and ball skills. MSU needs to move quickly before the other SEC schools get involved.

Bully13
05-02-2015, 10:04 AM
please don't tell me we have not offered. please.

HSVDawg
05-02-2015, 10:14 AM
I hope we get him in the fold, but considering the general climate around our football program during the two years his dad played here, I wouldn't be surprised if MSU is about the last place the kid wants to go. Dad may not have given a glowing review of his time here.

starkvegasdawg
05-02-2015, 10:16 AM
please don't tell me we have not offered. please.

Doesn't look like we have.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-02-2015, 10:26 AM
I wish we would offer but it doesn't look likely. Keshon Heard seems to be the next DB commit & the last spot will be held for Nigel Knott.

BankerDog
05-02-2015, 10:29 AM
Actually, his dad wants the staff to offer him. He wants him here. Kid is a player. State track champion.

Harrydawg
05-02-2015, 10:40 AM
How are our chances with knot?

Coach34
05-02-2015, 10:41 AM
You make room for speed and a player like that

Ifyouonlyknew
05-02-2015, 11:10 AM
How are our chances with knot?

If he stays instate he's our but going out of state is a real possibility.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-02-2015, 11:12 AM

I agree but Heard & Knott have elite speed & are instate. Our other 2 DB commits are a juco (Durr) & CJ Morgan-Walker who has just as good or better offer sheet as Banks & is very good too. It may just end up being a #'s game with him. I hate it bc he is really good.

Pollodawg
05-02-2015, 11:34 AM

Exactly, coach. You make room for the **** son of a legacy.

bulldawg28
05-02-2015, 11:36 AM
Banks Jr has legit NFL talent. His dad is perplexed that we haven't offered yet. However, our window is closing.

Pollodawg
05-02-2015, 11:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxdnMKb-axk

Tell ya what. He deserves an offer and some love if for no other reason than his pops did this......

And this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwph9ubUXfY

curmudgeon
05-02-2015, 11:39 AM
Korea Banks played for MSU after I graduated college. And he has a son about to graduate high school? I don't have kids in Kindergarten yet!

blacklistedbully
05-02-2015, 11:43 AM
Exactly, coach. You make room for the **** son of a legacy.

We didn't this year for Stephen Johnson's son. Kid ran a 4.2, but we didn't offer. Unfortunately, he chose not to come to camp, and that hurt him. But, I know his father, a former MSU DB, and he had his kid fired up about coming to MSU, "gift-wrapped", I think was the term he used. Dad was very upset we didn't offer.

Pollodawg
05-02-2015, 11:50 AM
We didn't this year for Stephen Johnson's son. Kid ran a 4.2, but we didn't offer. Unfortunately, he chose not to come to camp, and that hurt him. But, I know his father, a former MSU DB, and he had his kid fired up about coming to MSU, "gift-wrapped", I think was the term he used. Dad was very upset we didn't offer.

I'll never understand why we do things like that unless there is just something there that we as fans don't see and the staff does. I trust Dan at this point in his career in here. But I do wish we treated our former players better.

bulldawg28
05-02-2015, 11:51 AM
I hope we get him in the fold, but considering the general climate around our football program during the two years his dad played here, I wouldn't be surprised if MSU is about the last place the kid wants to go. Dad may not have given a glowing review of his time here.

This has nothing to do with his dad. He's neutral and has said nothing negative to his son about State.

bulldawg28
05-02-2015, 11:52 AM
I'll never understand why we do things like that unless there is just something there that we as fans don't see and the staff does. I trust Dan at this point in his career in here. But I do wish we treated our former players better.

Heavesy hasn't even spoken with the kid. I don't even think they know he exists.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-02-2015, 11:55 AM
Heavesy hasn't even spoken with the kid. I don't even think they know he exists.

They definitely know about him.

HSVDawg
05-02-2015, 11:56 AM

I'm not doubting your story in general, but there is no way in hell the kid ran a legit 4.2. Just sayin'

Pollodawg
05-02-2015, 11:58 AM
Even if his dad had never played here, with measurables like that, he deserves to be on the board.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-02-2015, 12:03 PM
He's on the board he just doesn't have an offer. Look at our commits in the secondary all are legit big time SEC prospects. We have 2 spots left. Knott has a spot until signing day. That leaves 1 spot. Should we offer Korey Jr maybe so but there are a couple really good really fast instate guys we like also. Keshon Heard, Lamarques Thomas, & even Taury Dixon. It's just a tough board this year & it's a lot of really good players instate.

bulldawg28
05-02-2015, 12:07 PM
He's on the board he just doesn't have an offer. Look at our commits in the secondary all are legit big time SEC prospects. We have 2 spots left. Knott has a spot until signing day. That leaves 1 spot. Should we offer Korey Jr maybe so but there are a couple really good really fast instate guys we like also. Keshon Heard, Lamarques Thomas, & even Taury Dixon. It's just a tough board this year & it's a lot of really good players instate.

You have to be loyal to your own and Banks is one of us.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-02-2015, 12:10 PM
You have to be loyal to your own and Banks is one of us.

I don't really disagree but question do we take Taury Dixon then over Banks since he's instate & Quenton Culberson's nephew. Also he's Knott's teammate. He's family too & has an in with 1 of our top rated players on the board.

blacklistedbully
05-02-2015, 12:16 PM
I'm not doubting your story in general, but there is no way in hell the kid ran a legit 4.2. Just sayin'

from his dad:

"Yes, I'm proud. State has talked to me for 2 years, and said they would offer him, but never did. He picked verbal UCLA, but he would have went to State if they had offered. All his family is there.
Stephen ran all of his sub 4.4 , 40's, while hurt. He is really a 4.2 guy. The public doesn't know it. He is recruited as a athlete, and most teams want him as a D' Anthony Thomas type, and or DB.
I HAD HIM PACKED AND READY FOR STARKVILLE."

bulldawg28
05-02-2015, 12:25 PM
I don't really disagree but question do we take Taury Dixon then over Banks since he's instate & Quenton Culberson's nephew. Also he's Knott's teammate. He's family too & has an in with 1 of our top rated players on the board.

We're losing 2 starters and currently won't have legitimate depth on the position. I say you take all 3.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-02-2015, 12:26 PM
We're losing 2 starters and currently won't have legitimate depth on the position. I say you take all 3.

The #'s just don't allow it. We're already going to take 6 DB's in this class of a class that's not going to be a full 25 man class. Some guys just aren't going to make it.

bulldawg28
05-02-2015, 12:29 PM
The #'s just don't allow it. We're already going to take 6 DB's in this class of a class that's not going to be a full 25 man class. Some guys just aren't going to make it.

If that's the case I go back to my previous statement, you take care of your own. Ironically, Sandy Creek has been a pipeline for 2 SEC schools Georgia and Ole Miss.

1bigdawg
05-02-2015, 12:36 PM
Where did the Johnson kid end up? Name?

blacklistedbully
05-02-2015, 12:36 PM
Stephen Johnson III's SPARQ #'s included:

119.94 overall rating (99th percentile)
4.37 40 (99th percentile)
35.2" vertical leap (97th percentile)
4.09 sec shuttle (99th percentile)

According to his dad, Stephen was injured when he ran this. Kid got around 14 offers, and chose UCLA over Oregon, Oregon State, Cal, Washington, Washington State, Colorado, Duke, and many more. His dad said an offer from us would have been accepted on-the-spot, done-deal.

He played 2-way in HS, QB & DB. UCLA plans to use him in slot, as a DB and kick-returner.

Scout.com profile says:
He's one of the fastest players in the state and will be a threat in the return game at the next level as well. He has loose hips, a strong, compact body and very quick feet. He's a tough kid and although you have to project with him since he doesn't play much DB, the upside is definitely there

1bigdawg
05-02-2015, 12:52 PM
Stephen Johnson III's SPARQ #'s included:

119.94 overall rating (99th percentile)
4.37 40 (99th percentile)
35.2" vertical leap (97th percentile)
4.09 sec shuttle (99th percentile)

According to his dad, Stephen was injured when he ran this. Kid got around 14 offers, and chose UCLA over Oregon, Oregon State, Cal, Washington, Washington State, Colorado, Duke, and many more. His dad said an offer from us would have been accepted on-the-spot, done-deal.

He played 2-way in HS, QB & DB. UCLA plans to use him in slot, as a DB and kick-returner.

Scout.com profile says:
He's one of the fastest players in the state and will be a threat in the return game at the next level as well. He has loose hips, a strong, compact body and very quick feet. He's a tough kid and although you have to project with him since he doesn't play much DB, the upside is definitely there

Looks like our coaches took Spivey instead. I don't know the situation, but him being one of the fastest players in California would have gotten my attention.