PDA

View Full Version : Dakota Hudson

preachermatt83
05-01-2015, 10:48 PM
We have one pitcher on our team who a legitimate SEC Friday night guy and that is Hudson. No excuse for us not using him as a starter. Especially when we can't get 3 innings out of our so called starters most nights.

Bothrops
05-01-2015, 11:10 PM
Hudson and Houston look ok for next year

msstate7
05-01-2015, 11:14 PM
I like Tatum and sexton better than Hudson. I don't think any of them are shut down Friday type guys though. Hopefully one of them surprises me, McCord develops into that guy, or one of the recruits comes in and takes over that role

Todd4State
05-01-2015, 11:30 PM
I like Tatum and sexton better than Hudson. I don't think any of them are shut down Friday type guys though. Hopefully one of them surprises me, McCord develops into that guy, or one of the recruits comes in and takes over that role

Hudson, Sexton, and Tatum are going to be a really good rotation next year. I think/hope Preston gets moved to midweek next year, but if not he is a proven SEC starter. I doubt we get anything out of McCord. Houston should be the closer.

If there is a freshman that I think that can crack the rotation from day one, my guess is Kale Breaux assuming he comes to MSU.

At any rate, we should have the foundation for a very good staff next year. The key is going to be getting that JUCO guy- who doesn't overly impress me by the way- and some of the freshmen to come in and fill in the middle relief roles.

Really the biggest thing is going to be figuring out the relievers and infield next year assuming that Robson comes back which I think he will. We'll have an entirely new bullpen and infield most likely. I think Holland, Gridley, and Reynolds will be fighting for their jobs and first base is wide open. You'll see Rooker, Nate Lowe (JUCO), and Cole Gordon fighting it out at first and maybe even Humphreys, and then Hunter Stovall and Luke Alexander competing with Holland and Gridley for the middle infield spots and then we'll see if Austin Riley makes it to school or not. If he does, he'll beat out Reynolds.

Hopefully we're also going to be talking about a new coach or two as well.

BankerDog
05-01-2015, 11:41 PM
Todd,

You know I'm a big Cole Gordon fan but Nate Lowe's stats pop out to me. .374, 16 HRs, etc. that's some pop we need in our lineup. Him, Hump, Gordon, Collins, and MAYBE Rooker should be in a lineup at the same time. Problem is that 3 of those guys play 1st and we can only have one DH.

A lot of good hitters coming in, at least based on the stats. So hopefully this year is just a one time deal.

Schultzy
05-01-2015, 11:42 PM
Every single team has been bigger and more athletic than us. We need more Reid Humphreys and less munchkins.

basedog
05-02-2015, 07:05 AM
I heard yesterday as many as 12 underclassmen want be returning next year. I like you hope we have staff upgrades for next year. I'm not sure what we have coming back and what we have coming in next year can compete in the upper halve of the Sec next year. Being just so so ain't gonna get it.

Just looking at the standings and seeing our program at the bottom just makes me sick.

AROB44
05-02-2015, 09:06 AM
I doubt we get anything out of McCord.

What has happened with him. I thought he was going to be a stud.