PDA

View Full Version : Let's face it- Freezus may win the NC this year

Coach34
05-01-2015, 10:09 AM
Asschaps and Sallee have showed you the proof.
Ole Missus is loaded with talent errywhere
They were hurt on the OL this Spring because their DL is just a bunch of bad mf'ers
Freezus has tremendous talent at QB to coach up
Our WR's pale in comparison to theirs
Their Secondary is so good- their fans are saying they won't miss Golson and Prewitt. That's awesome
They don't really know who the LB'ers will be- but it doesn't matter they are so loaded
They gonna have five 1st round draft picks next April

This is their year. If Freezus can't do it this year- he's never going to do it

cowbellerheller
05-01-2015, 10:16 AM
I hope they are undefeated when we spank that ass

msstate7
05-01-2015, 10:20 AM
I hope they are undefeated when we spank that ass

Heck no. Why would you want OM 11-0 going into egg? They would most likely already be west champs. I want them 5-6 like freezes's first year, but we finish em this time

justwin
05-01-2015, 10:22 AM
All that chatter is fine, but the real question is whether they can beat Florida in Gainesville in week 5.

Florida has a legit shot at being 4-0 in that game. Wonder if ole CeCe will cause havoc vs his mate Freezus..

msstate7
05-01-2015, 10:28 AM
All that chatter is fine, but the real question is whether they can beat Florida in Gainesville in week 5.

Florida has a legit shot at being 4-0 in that game. Wonder if ole CeCe will cause havoc vs his mate Freezus..

I think this will be a very tough game for OM. Hargreaves will be a tough matchup for Treadwell esp considering no real qb.

Jack Lambert
05-01-2015, 10:29 AM
I think they go 4-4 in the SEC. They have road trips to Fl, Bama, Auburn and Miss State. They will also struggle with memphis in memphis.

BeardoMSU
05-01-2015, 10:45 AM
they won't miss Golson and Prewitt.

Replacing not 1, but 2 All Americans in your secondary is gonna be extremely tough, especially since just a few years ago, their secondary was pretty abysmal; it's not like they are S/CB-University, and just churn out talent. My good OM buddy seems to think that Shepard and crew are gonna jump in and not miss a beat, but that's just impossible to know. They also have a pretty thin line-backing corps; they could be "fine", but again, same as with the secondary, they're losing A LOT of experience back there. Couple the lack of experienced LBs with the DB's, and now your "quote, un-quote" vaunted defense will have to lean extremely hard on the D-line, which will be extremely good. But....as they are already going to be forced to ride their defense to wins (unless a legit QB emerges), I just can't see this ending well...

confucius say
05-01-2015, 10:53 AM
This is pretty simple. It comes down to qb play and can they run the ball when they need to. Those are their two big question marks.

cowbellerheller
05-01-2015, 11:00 AM
Heck no. Why would you want OM 11-0 going into egg? They would most likely already be west champs. I want them 5-6 like freezes's first year, but we finish em this time

To knock those arrogant, bow-tie wearing pricks off there high horse?

BeardoMSU
05-01-2015, 11:04 AM

This, and it's not just OM I want to lose either, I root against every SEC west team. I hate them all. I want them to lose, and us to win.

Coach34
05-01-2015, 11:21 AM

We've done that for 5 straight years finishing higher than them in the West. Remember- the Egg Bowl to them is just 1 game- the season is what is important.

Pollodawg
05-01-2015, 11:26 AM
If he doesn't, he will have massively underachieved up there.

starkvegasdawg
05-01-2015, 11:48 AM
I wish those arrogant holier than thou dickheads were 0-11 every year when we played them.

Tbonewannabe
05-01-2015, 11:58 AM
Replacing not 1, but 2 All Americans in your secondary is gonna be extremely tough, especially since just a few years ago, their secondary was pretty abysmal; it's not like they are S/CB-University, and just churn out talent. My good OM buddy seems to think that Shepard and crew are gonna jump in and not miss a beat, but that's just impossible to know. They also have a pretty thin line-backing corps; they could be "fine", but again, same as with the secondary, they're losing A LOT of experience back there. Couple the lack of experienced LBs with the DB's, and now your "quote, un-quote" vaunted defense will have to lean extremely hard on the D-line, which will be extremely good. But....as they are already going to be forced to ride their defense to wins (unless a legit QB emerges), I just can't see this ending well...

For a team to ride a defense very far you usually need at least a good running game to eat up clock. You also need some lucky breaks like we had in 99. Tuberville takes the safety, Romero Miller throwing deep with almost no time left. Defenses give you the ability to win championships but you still have to "outscore" your opponent.

This isn't a great year for UM to break in a new QB with the toughest games on the road.

BossDawg
05-01-2015, 12:02 PM

It depends on what our record is. If we're anything less than 11-0 ourselves then I wouldn't count it as being the best day ever. Not even close.

Bothrops
05-01-2015, 12:42 PM
Unless they shock the landscape, I don't think their offense will be as good as last year, which means they will struggle against the west.

1bigdawg
05-01-2015, 01:12 PM

Engram will be open all day over the middle (defensive coordinator).

Howboutdemdogs
05-01-2015, 01:35 PM
I share Starkvegasdawgs belief, 0-11. I truly wished we would start our own PR group or department for national exposure like OM. Make sure we have the very best in "Spin Doctors". Do you think that half the country knows what is the truth with TSUN? Naw, but they do believe what is said or written in the media. This is one of the aspects that OM feeds on to promote their image as a power house. ( insert laugh track). Hate is a strong word, but I have it to the core for OM.

Liverpooldawg
05-01-2015, 02:26 PM
Asschaps and Sallee have showed you the proof.
Ole Missus is loaded with talent errywhere
They were hurt on the OL this Spring because their DL is just a bunch of bad mf'ers
Freezus has tremendous talent at QB to coach up
Our WR's pale in comparison to theirs
Their Secondary is so good- their fans are saying they won't miss Golson and Prewitt. That's awesome
They don't really know who the LB'ers will be- but it doesn't matter they are so loaded
They gonna have five 1st round draft picks next April

This is their year. If Freezus can't do it this year- he's never going to do it

Anything less than a national championship this year and Freeze is a total failure. They are loaded, just ask them.

Todd4State
05-01-2015, 02:32 PM
I share Starkvegasdawgs belief, 0-11. I truly wished we would start our own PR group or department for national exposure like OM. Make sure we have the very best in "Spin Doctors". Do you think that half the country knows what is the truth with TSUN? Naw, but they do believe what is said or written in the media. This is one of the aspects that OM feeds on to promote their image as a power house. ( insert laugh track). Hate is a strong word, but I have it to the core for OM.

I agree with the 0-11 crowd. And then blow out the Egg Bowl 70-0. The worse they are the better it is for us. That was the worst thing about being number one at the time- Ole Miss got some recognition as well. I don't really understand the crowd on another board that's like "well, it's better for Mississippi and closer Egg Bowl's are more fun."

MaroonState
05-01-2015, 03:56 PM
I think they go 4-4 in the SEC. They have road trips to Fl, Bama, Auburn and Miss State. They will also struggle with memphis in memphis.
They will beat Florida. Florida ain't back yet.

Bothrops
05-01-2015, 04:48 PM

If OM has a decent qb they could definitely win in Gainesville. But won't be easy.

thf24
05-01-2015, 05:15 PM
If OM has a decent qb they could definitely win in Gainesville. But won't be easy.

That's just a little ironic since I don't know if you can honestly say (as much as I love Relf) that we had a "decent" QB in 2010. In your defense though, they have almost the exact opposite of the running game we had that year.

Todd4State
05-01-2015, 05:30 PM

It's a swing game for both. Florida is going to want to make a statement and it's in Gainesville.

TrapGame
05-01-2015, 05:34 PM
That's just a little ironic since I don't know if you can honestly say (as much as I love Relf) that we had a "decent" QB in 2010. In your defense though, they have almost the exact opposite of the running game we had that year.

Vic Ballard did a lot for Relf. OM has no one near Vic's talent. Because of this they will be limited. Add to that that it's MGK's first year in the system and OM's offense will be fairly pedestrian.

DownwardDawg
05-01-2015, 06:12 PM
This, and it's not just OM I want to lose either, I root against every SEC west team. I hate them all. I want them to lose, and us to win.

This is me. I never cheer for other SEC West teams. I rarely cheer for any SEC teams other than us.

Billy Ray Valentine
05-01-2015, 06:22 PM
I agree with the 0-11 crowd. And then blow out the Egg Bowl 70-0. The worse they are the better it is for us. That was the worst thing about being number one at the time- Ole Miss got some recognition as well. I don't really understand the crowd on another board that's like "well, it's better for Mississippi and closer Egg Bowl's are more fun."
Ditto Todd. Screw a close egg bowl. I want a skull dragging

Todd4State
05-01-2015, 06:41 PM
Vic Ballard did a lot for Relf. OM has no one near Vic's talent. Because of this they will be limited. Add to that that it's MGK's first year in the system and OM's offense will be fairly pedestrian.

We were also extremely conservative that game- and rightfully so. Relf could be frighteningly inaccurate at times. Now, I know that Relf's stats won't show that- but I think that's mainly because Dan did such a good job of covering him up. We leaned on our defense and I thought Dan made a brilliant call at the end of the game when Florida was trying a field goal to tie the game by not icing the kicker. I think it messed the kicker up.

The thing about Ole Miss is I think they are going to miss Bo because he could make plays for them at times. He was pretty inaccurate in his own right- and he was very fortunate that he didn't have more INT's in his career. I don't remember any other QB having as many near INT's as Bo. As in hitting a LB or DB's hands and getting dropped.

justwin
05-01-2015, 09:11 PM

disagree

Florida has a very good RB to ease the load on the new QB. LSU beat OM pretty easily last year despite the score
when they went conservative and got behind an adequate workhorse SEC rb, Fournette who is similar to Taylor.

People think last year's OM defense was truly #1 and couldn't be more wrong. That #1 rated defense played several creampuffs, Tenn pre Dobbs, and yet still gave up a ton of points to the teams that matter in TCU, Bama, MSU, Auburn, and a terrible LSU offense.

Don't buy on that OM defense that is losing the entire secondary and mediocre LBs headlined by a vastly overrated DL #1 recruit who has 4 sacks in 2 years.

Coach34
05-01-2015, 09:38 PM
Florida will be fine. News of their death is greatly exaggerated

32 Dive
05-01-2015, 09:49 PM
I sometimes think that teams are inflated, by the same media types want to see the implosion when expectations aren't met.

Howboutdemdogs
05-01-2015, 09:59 PM
+1

sandwolf
05-01-2015, 10:48 PM
People think last year's OM defense was truly #1 and couldn't be more wrong. That #1 rated defense played several creampuffs, Tenn pre Dobbs, and yet still gave up a ton of points to the teams that matter in TCU, Bama, MSU, Auburn, and a terrible LSU offense.

They gave up a ton of points to Auburn and TCU (and they gave up a bunch to Arkansas, but that was primarily due to them turning the ball over 6 times). They gave up 17 to Bama, 17 to MSU and 10 to LSU. Don't kid yourself.....their defense was awesome last year.

CottonDog
05-02-2015, 09:14 AM
disagree

Florida has a very good RB to ease the load on the new QB. LSU beat OM pretty easily last year despite the score
when they went conservative and got behind an adequate workhorse SEC rb, Fournette who is similar to Taylor.

Don't buy on that OM defense that is losing the entire secondary and mediocre LBs headlined by a vastly overrated DL #1 recruit who has 4 sacks in 2 years.

Who is Florida's new running back? Their starter from last year got drafted last night. I don't see Florida being very good this year.

cowbellerheller
05-02-2015, 09:39 AM
So far we're ahead in the draft count... surprised that Senquez Goldston went as early as he did. I think BMAC is going to be a monster in Houston too.

Coach34
05-02-2015, 10:16 AM
. I don't see Florida being very good this year.

Florida's last 4 recruiting classes:

2015- 21st (coaching transition)
2014- 9th
2013- 4th
2012- 3rd

Florida is going to be just fine now with a competent HC

Pollodawg
05-02-2015, 11:48 AM
Florida will be fine. News of their death is greatly exaggerated

This. UF is still a powerful brand in a state loaded with talent. Get the right man at the helm, and Florida is a 10-11 win team again in a season or two.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-02-2015, 11:52 AM
Who is Florida's new running back? Their starter from last year got drafted last night. I don't see Florida being very good this year.

Kelvin Taylor, Fred Taylor's son. He's backed up Matt Jones the last 2yrs.

TheVoiceofReason
05-03-2015, 08:39 AM
So by some of your statements ANYTHING less than a NC makes Freeze a failure, do we say the same thing about Mullen this year? He was loaded with 6 draft picks and 5 more that signed Free Agent deals, had the best QB in the conference and didn't even win the division! I don't believe this but if your stance on Freeze is this then you must also believe Dan is a failure. Can't have it both ways.

DistrictDawg92
05-03-2015, 08:58 AM
So by some of your statements ANYTHING less than a NC makes Freeze a failure, do we say the same thing about Mullen this year? He was loaded with 6 draft picks and 5 more that signed Free Agent deals, had the best QB in the conference and didn't even win the division! I don't believe this but if your stance on Freeze is this then you must also believe Dan is a failure. Can't have it both ways.

It was actually 5 draft picks, and I wouldn't call 2 2nd rounders and 3 6th rounders "loaded". Trying a little too hard there bud. And I don't think anyone is actually saying that anything less than a national championship makes Freeze a failure, you're not very good at picking up on sarcasm are you?

Coach34
05-03-2015, 08:59 AM
So by some of your statements ANYTHING less than a NC makes Freeze a failure

Yep- anything short of the Playoff and Freezus has failed. He has all these top 10 draft picks and all this talent. He has 2 4-star QB's that will be in their 3rd year of the program- so you know he has coached them up by now. Supposedly this defense could be even better than last year's I keep getting told.

Bama is a little down
LSU is at home and no QB
UPig and A&M at home
He's got to find a way to win @Auburn, @Bama, and @State. Just because he only has one SEC road win vs a team with a winning record shouldnt affect 2015.

This is his time.