PDA

View Full Version : Asschaps Blows 2013 OM Crootin' Class

BrunswickDawg
04-30-2015, 02:40 PM
Ugh, gotta love the hype.....

"Heart of Ole Miss Rebels 2013 class focused on a national title"
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/101079/heart-of-ole-miss-2013-class-focused-on-a-national-title

FlabLoser
04-30-2015, 02:47 PM
Yet AGAIN, Elitedawgs is going to be proven right. That class is a bust. One good year last year and a lot of mediocrity.

This year will be a huge drop for them. They have a questionable OL and no starting QB. And certainly no QB that has shown any promise on a D-1 college football field.

Statefan
04-30-2015, 02:52 PM
This is kind of the year for them. If they cannot have a 10 win season with 5 1st/2nd round picks, then Freeze is a terrible coach and their recruiting obsession will be pointless forever

blacklistedbully
04-30-2015, 02:57 PM
That is funny.

"Since their arrival, the Rebels have gone 17-9 in the past two seasons, the best two-year run since Ole Miss went 18-8 from 2008-09."
Hey, Asschaps, MSU, with our unheralded class has also gone 17-9, and finished ahead of Ole Missin the SEC standings

"the Rebels were on the cusp of an SEC Western Division title and a spot in the inaugural College Football Playoff in 2014."
And MSU was even closer, once again finishing higher in the SEC standings, and also higher in national rankings.

Perhaps Asschaps should be writing an article about how Ole Miss can land such a tremendous class, and yet continue to finish behind in-state rival MSU?

BeardoMSU
04-30-2015, 03:03 PM
Perhaps Asschaps should be writing an article about how Ole Miss can land such a tremendous class, and yet continue to finish behind in-state rival MSU?

Well, that class is 1-1 against MSU, and Freeze is 2-1 overall, with two home wins obviously, and I expect us to win this year, but all this "we finished higher in the standings" stuff feels a little dumb to say the same year they smoke us in Oxford.

Johnson85
04-30-2015, 03:09 PM
Yet AGAIN, Elitedawgs is going to be proven right. That class is a bust. One good year last year and a lot of mediocrity.

This year will be a huge drop for them. They have a questionable OL and no starting QB. And certainly no QB that has shown any promise on a D-1 college football field.

??? It may be top heavy, but they have gotten good production out of Connor, Nkemdichee, and Treadwell. Engram and Tunsil have also been good for them even if Tunsil has been a little cautious with respect to injuries. Had those 5 gone to a team that was in good shape, they could ahve pushed them over the top.

It is ridiculous the hype they are getting. Ole Miss is going to be a solid team next year and the top five of that class will have had good careers, but they will have done what can reasonably be expected by improving UM for three years. There's just no way they can push them any further without a QB.

Coach34
04-30-2015, 03:13 PM
Well, that class is 1-1 against MSU, and Freeze is 2-1 overall, with two home wins obviously, and I expect us to win this year, but all this "we finished higher in the standings" stuff feels a little dumb to say the same year they smoke us in Oxford.

didnt stop them from saying the exact same thing in 2009

Coach34
04-30-2015, 03:14 PM
Let them get all the hype- we'll just keep finishing ahead of them and winning Egg Bowls at home

BulldogBear
04-30-2015, 03:15 PM
Let them get all the hype- we'll just keep finishing ahead of them and winning Egg Bowls at home
+1

chef dixon
04-30-2015, 03:17 PM
That is funny.

"Since their arrival, the Rebels have gone 17-9 in the past two seasons, the best two-year run since Ole Miss went 18-8 from 2008-09."
Hey, Asschaps, MSU, with our unheralded class has also gone 17-9, and finished ahead of Ole Missin the SEC standings

"the Rebels were on the cusp of an SEC Western Division title and a spot in the inaugural College Football Playoff in 2014."
And MSU was even closer, once again finishing higher in the SEC standings, and also higher in national rankings.

I always love stats like that. The best class in OM history has the best 2 year record since SIX YEARS AGO!!! WOW!!!

ShotgunDawg
04-30-2015, 03:19 PM

I don't get the shortsightedness of this statement.

What's more important, 8 SEC games or 1 rivalry game that was on the road?

Finishing ahead of Ole Miss in the SEC standings for 5 straight years is ABSOLUTELY something MSU fans should be talking about because the point of the season is to win the SEC Championship and MSU has consistently come closer to achieving that main point than Ole Miss has.

Also, why does Asschaps write about 3 Ole Miss articles for every 1 article about another SEC school? Is he their beat writer?

SDDawg
04-30-2015, 03:19 PM
Anyone, and I mean ANYONE, that wants to defend that recruiting class and act like it's even remotely serious to talk national titles this year is a joke. I don't care if your last name is Mullen or Prescott, if you talk like that you're just stupid in my book.

blacklistedbully
04-30-2015, 03:28 PM

Nothing, "dumb" about it at all. We are not the ones being over-hyped, as usual. Also, losing to them at Oxford does not trump the fact that we have finished higher in the SEC. They were better than us that day, end of story.

Really Clark?
04-30-2015, 03:41 PM
??? It may be top heavy, but they have gotten good production out of Connor, Nkemdichee, and Treadwell. Engram and Tunsil have also been good for them even if Tunsil has been a little cautious with respect to injuries. Had those 5 gone to a team that was in good shape, they could ahve pushed them over the top.

It is ridiculous the hype they are getting. Ole Miss is going to be a solid team next year and the top five of that class will have had good careers, but they will have done what can reasonably be expected by improving UM for three years. There's just no way they can push them any further without a QB.

Engram was not a top recruit that added to the ranking. Yeah the top 4 guys are not busts but go back to a thread earlier this week where all of their top guys were listed and the number of transfers or bust reduces that high rated class down to 4-5 players.

smootness
04-30-2015, 03:43 PM
I'm not sure why anyone is ever surprised at the hype.

I'm not sure any program outside of the elite has ever landed 4 #1 guys at their position in the same recruiting class before. Obviously that is going to cause everyone to take notice and then follow that class from then on out. And honestly, it will probably cause a lot of people to root in some way for that class to do big things, just because it is so outside the norm.

So obviously any talk of Ole Miss until those guys leave will focus on them and what they're potentially capable of.

Dawg496
04-30-2015, 03:46 PM
Once again..

http://i.imgur.com/FXe63vl.png

confucius say
04-30-2015, 03:52 PM
Hard winning a title with no qb. 7-5 to 9-3.

Coach34
04-30-2015, 04:09 PM

This all day

tireddawg
04-30-2015, 04:15 PM
What gets me is how, with all the talent they got, how they don't have a stud rb. Not 1.

Tbonewannabe
04-30-2015, 04:22 PM

We went 10-2 with one of the best defenses of the decade in 99. I don't think their defense is going to be on that level. In today's game, you have to have at least a good QB to even get close to 10 wins.

Tbonewannabe
04-30-2015, 04:22 PM
What gets me is how, with all the talent they got, how they don't have a stud rb. Not 1.

They don't have a RB that would even get on the field for us. Any of our 3 would start for them.

Tbonewannabe
04-30-2015, 04:23 PM
Of course our 4th string QB is probably better than anything UM has on campus.

Really Clark?
04-30-2015, 05:16 PM
All I can say is that I believe they have to play historically good on defense to have a chance at 9-10 wins. I mean better than last year. They have good receivers but that is it on offense right now. I can't recall a team with so much hype about making a division run and the media even acknowledging how poor their QB's are right now. They must really believe that one of these guys will end up much better than 12th in the league. When was the last team to win 8 games while finishing 12th in QB play? Florida a few years ago maybe. They won 11 with Driskle rated low but they didn't throw that much it seemed either.

Johnson85
04-30-2015, 05:39 PM
All I can say is that I believe they have to play historically good on defense to have a chance at 9-10 wins. I mean better than last year. They have good receivers but that is it on offense right now. I can't recall a team with so much hype about making a division run and the media even acknowledging how poor their QB's are right now. They must really believe that one of these guys will end up much better than 12th in the league. When was the last team to win 8 games while finishing 12th in QB play? Florida a few years ago maybe. They won 11 with Driskle rated low but they didn't throw that much it seemed either.

They're not going to get their with their defense. If they get there, it will be because they break enough big plays on offense (and maybe special teams) that simply a really good scoring defense (as opposed to historically great defense).

What we did in the late 90's was against an offensively weaker SEC and we were also pretty solid at the run game. They'll probably have better big play ability with their WR's, but it's going to be harder for them because there's probably not anybody they'll play against that they can just chew up clock against.

ShotgunDawg
04-30-2015, 05:43 PM

Good point.

It's like many in the media made bold statements 3 years ago about this recruiting class, and, now that it's nut cutting time, they are ignoring the obvious question marks so that they can write the story they so desperately want to write. It's pure confirmation bias. Ignore key facts so that you can see what you want to see

https://bufferblog-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/thinking-conf-bias.png

This is called confirmation bias. If you've ever heard of the frequency illusion, this is very similar. The frequency illusion occurs when you buy a new car, and suddenly you see the same car everywhere. Or when a pregnant woman suddenly notices other pregnant women all over the place. It's a passive experience, where our brains seek out information that's related to us, but we believe there's been an actual increase in the frequency of those occurrences.

It?s similar to how improving our body language can actually also change who we are as people.

Confirmation bias is a more active form of the same experience. It happens when we proactively seek out information that confirms our existing beliefs.

Not only do we do this with the information we take in, but we approach our memories this way, as well. In an experiment in 1979 at the University of Minnesota, participants read a story about a women called Jane who acted extroverted in some situations and introverted in others. When the participants returned a few days later, they were divided into two groups. One group was asked if Jane would be suited to a job as a librarian, the other group were asked about her having a job as a real-estate agent. The librarian group remembered Jane as being introverted and later said that she would not be suited to a real-estate job. The real-estate group did the exact opposite: they remembered Jane as extroverted, said she would be suited to a real-estate job and when they were later asked if she would make a good librarian, they said no.

https://bufferblog-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/thinking-conf-bias2.png

There is also this in play:

We believe our memories more than facts

Our memories are highly fallible and plastic. And yet, we tend to subconsciously favor them over objective facts. The availability heuristic is a good example of this. It works like this:

Suppose you read a page of text and then you're asked whether the page includes more words that end in "ing" or more words with "n" as the second-last letter. Obviously, it would be impossible for there to be more ?ing? words than words with ?n? as their penultimate letter (it took me a while to get that?read over the sentence again, carefully, if you?re not sure why that is). However, words ending in ?ing? are easier to recall than words like hand, end, or and, which have ?n? as their second-last letter, so we would naturally answer that there are more ?ing? words.

What?s happening here is that we are basing our answer of probability (i.e. whether it?s probable that there are more ?ing? words on the page) on how available relevant examples are (i.e. how easily we can recall them). Our troubles in recalling words with ?n? as the second last letter make us think those words don?t occur very often, and we subconsciously ignore the obvious facts in front of us.

SDDawg
04-30-2015, 05:48 PM

6 or 7 wins best case, will fight to make it to a bowl game.

Really Clark?
04-30-2015, 05:50 PM
They're not going to get their with their defense. If they get there, it will be because they break enough big plays on offense (and maybe special teams) that simply a really good scoring defense (as opposed to historically great defense).

What we did in the late 90's was against an offensively weaker SEC and we were also pretty solid at the run game. They'll probably have better big play ability with their WR's, but it's going to be harder for them because there's probably not anybody they'll play against that they can just chew up clock against.

True but the division was a lot different, like you said. I don't think they can get 4 SEC wins just on big plays and good defense. Either the offense is better than it looks right now, by a good bit, or that defense is pitching near shut outs.

BulldogBear
04-30-2015, 06:06 PM
We went 10-2 with one of the best defenses of the decade in 99. I don't think their defense is going to be on that level. In today's game, you have to have at least a good QB to even get close to 10 wins.

I would take that a step further and say he not only must be good, but if you are not one of the standard elite national programs, you generally must have a QB who is a legitimate run threat in order to contend--ESPECIALLY in the SEC.

confucius say
04-30-2015, 06:07 PM

Mad kin was better than anybody they have. Their guy(s) will have better numbers than Wayne but just due to system

Jack Lambert
04-30-2015, 06:09 PM
["Freeze isn't surprised at the people they are away from the field or how humble they have been, considering all the hype and talent, but he is admittedly surprised at how well each of them, especially the core of this class, has taken to coaching."]

Most horse shit ever printed.

blacklistedbully
04-30-2015, 06:24 PM
["Freeze isn't surprised at the people they are away from the field or how humble they have been, considering all the hype and talent, but he is admittedly surprised at how well each of them, especially the core of this class, has taken to coaching."]

Most horse shit ever printed.

Hey, it's not as if RN has had any away-from-the-field troubles!***

Coach34
04-30-2015, 07:51 PM

We had a good OL and a good running game. They have yet to show that

Coach34
04-30-2015, 07:53 PM
6 or 7 wins best case, will fight to make it to a bowl game.

They are a 7-8 win team for sure. They will need good QB play to get past that

Saltydog
04-30-2015, 08:11 PM
nt

Tbonewannabe
04-30-2015, 11:30 PM
Hey, it's not as if RK has had any away-from-the-field troubles!***

RK just has to watch out for those little frat boys trying to damage his hands with their faces.