PDA

View Full Version : Holy Beans!! Can this really be true!????****

BulldogBear
04-30-2015, 01:33 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2448407-sec-football-power-ranking-every-teams-qbs-post-spring-practice#articles/2448407-sec-football-power-ranking-every-teams-qbs-post-spring-practice/page/15

Can this really be from bleacher report? Ben Kercheval ranking SEC post-spring QB units. For those who don't wanna scroll through, here you go:

#14 Vanderbilt
#13 South Carolina
#12 Ole Miss ...say it isn't so****
#11 LSU
#10 Florida
#9 Alabama
#8 Kentucky
#7 Georgia
#6 Missouri
#5 Arkansas
#4 Texas A&M
#3 Tennessee
#2 Auburn
#1 Mississippi State -----> How can this beeeeee??????****

Text from our slide:

Can Mississippi State replicate the success of last year's 10-win season? For that matter, can it come close? The Bulldogs lose so, so much on both sides of the ball, but the turnover in the defensive front seven is the most glaring.

Despite all the question marks that won't be answered for some time, there's no doubt Mississippi State has the best quarterback in the SEC in Dak Prescott. The senior was named a first-team All-SEC selection by both the coaches and media last year.

In all, Prescott combined to account for 4,435 total yards and 41 touchdowns. He also led the SEC with 341 total yards of offense per game. He's the perfect fit for head coach Dan Mullen's offense and is carving out his own legacy with the Bulldogs. Prescott was in the Heisman running for a while last season and enters 2015 in the discussion once again.

Jack Lambert
04-30-2015, 01:48 PM
If they just went of starters DAk would still be number 1 but I wonder where the other QB's would be ranked.

confucius say
04-30-2015, 02:19 PM
Who the hell does USCe have playing qb to be behind da bears? Geez spurrier.

Dawg61
04-30-2015, 02:30 PM

This is an excellent question. How does a former Heisman winning and National Championship winning coach fail so badly at recruiting QBs? Spurrier is lazy.

SDDawg
04-30-2015, 02:41 PM
Barrett Sallee says OM #3 in the conference, your argument is invalid. ****

justwin
04-30-2015, 02:47 PM
Finally, a decent offseason article focusing on the "right" topic. Yes, our guy is #1 as he should be, but this article's topic is what can dictate the SEC season's outcome most easily.

How dumb does Butch Jones look having not started Dobbs every game last year? Does anyone really believe that they lose to Florida, Georgia, and OM last year had he started? Maybe one or two, but definitely not all 3.

I do think they have OM in the bottom 4 correctly. I still think I go with Buchanan if I'm Freeze. Kelly & Buchanan are the same player except that Buchanan is taller and it means more to him now and the next 50 years.

If I'm LSU, I go with Harris for the upside. They are the enigma. If they stay with Stallings, then they'll be bottom 4. I could see Harris getting them closer to top 6 by season's end if Les gives it over to him. All of those other young guys want to play with Harris anyway.

Bama will be fine, but should be in the top 6 based on surrounding talent and scheme, alone. Plug & play. Coker can't be that bad as a senior.

Still think Kyle Allen @ TXAM is a year away from being able to be the difference maker for them. I would put them in the 6-8 range. I think they lost some more OL which will hurt.

Georgia should stay a few spots behind TXAM.

I would move Florida up closer to 6. Again, Muschamp lost his job b/c he kept picking the wrong QB. First, he ran off Brissett and reluctantly kept going to Harris despite him being the better option. If Grier beats out Harris, then they will be in good shape to compete for the east. Harris has the pedigree, arm talent, athleticism if he does win out.

South Carolina should never be in the bottom 4 as long as Spurrier is the coach so they should move up to top 9. Whatever he lacks in QB talent, Spurrier's balls to call the best play when most needed will always get him wins in close games. No way in hell, OM/LSU/UGA should be ahead of USC. No Georgia QB should ever be ahead of Spurrier QB.

I think Auburn should go down a few spots too. #4 seems about right. Yeah, he's big and strong, but can he run like his predecessors which is absolutely necessary for that offense to thrive....I'm not sure. If he can, he hasn't had to yet in a real game.

We're going to find out what Mauk is all about this year. He has had the ideal start to a qb carreer being surrounded by gamebreaking WRs/RBs and stud Defense early. Now, he needs to turn it loose since it's his team now. Pinkel is a dam good coach.

Finally, for Dak...he needs to learn to give up the ball on the sweeps and options much sooner. He started to figure it out way too late vs Bama last year. If the defense is going to give it to you, take it young man. Our offense stalls when he gets into the dropback qb mode over and over. Most importantly, he needs to scramble a lot more. Scrambling more than designed runs for him are when he's truly dangerous. If the 2nd option isn't there like it wasn't vs Bama and OM, take off since they're all sitting back in coverage and get 5+ and force them to take their medicine with #1 over the top later after you suck them up. He's going to be surrounded with 3 good RBs and they need touches. This all goes back to Mullen not knowing how to use a RB though.

justwin
04-30-2015, 02:52 PM

it shouldn't matter. people forget that of USC 6 losses last year, 4 were within a td. lost by 3 to Tenn in OT, 7 to Auburn in one of the best games of the season, 7 to UK, and 1 to Mizzou with a scrub at QB.

archdog
04-30-2015, 08:20 PM
This is an excellent question. How does a former Heisman winning and National Championship winning coach fail so badly at recruiting QBs? Spurrier is lazy.

Seemed like Conner and Garcia were there forever.

FISHDAWG
05-01-2015, 07:47 AM
Barrett Sallee says OM #3 in the conference, your argument is invalid. ****

It does not compute

War Machine Dawg
05-01-2015, 09:49 AM
Finally, a decent offseason article focusing on the "right" topic. Yes, our guy is #1 as he should be, but this article's topic is what can dictate the SEC season's outcome most easily.

How dumb does Butch Jones look having not started Dobbs every game last year? Does anyone really believe that they lose to Florida, Georgia, and OM last year had he started? Maybe one or two, but definitely not all 3.

I do think they have OM in the bottom 4 correctly. I still think I go with Buchanan if I'm Freeze. Kelly & Buchanan are the same player except that Buchanan is taller and it means more to him now and the next 50 years.

If I'm LSU, I go with Harris for the upside. They are the enigma. If they stay with Stallings, then they'll be bottom 4. I could see Harris getting them closer to top 6 by season's end if Les gives it over to him. All of those other young guys want to play with Harris anyway.

Bama will be fine, but should be in the top 6 based on surrounding talent and scheme, alone. Plug & play. Coker can't be that bad as a senior.

Still think Kyle Allen @ TXAM is a year away from being able to be the difference maker for them. I would put them in the 6-8 range. I think they lost some more OL which will hurt.

Georgia should stay a few spots behind TXAM.

I would move Florida up closer to 6. Again, Muschamp lost his job b/c he kept picking the wrong QB. First, he ran off Brissett and reluctantly kept going to Harris despite him being the better option. If Grier beats out Harris, then they will be in good shape to compete for the east. Harris has the pedigree, arm talent, athleticism if he does win out.

South Carolina should never be in the bottom 4 as long as Spurrier is the coach so they should move up to top 9. Whatever he lacks in QB talent, Spurrier's balls to call the best play when most needed will always get him wins in close games. No way in hell, OM/LSU/UGA should be ahead of USC. No Georgia QB should ever be ahead of Spurrier QB.

I think Auburn should go down a few spots too. #4 seems about right. Yeah, he's big and strong, but can he run like his predecessors which is absolutely necessary for that offense to thrive....I'm not sure. If he can, he hasn't had to yet in a real game.

We're going to find out what Mauk is all about this year. He has had the ideal start to a qb carreer being surrounded by gamebreaking WRs/RBs and stud Defense early. Now, he needs to turn it loose since it's his team now. Pinkel is a dam good coach.

Finally, for Dak...he needs to learn to give up the ball on the sweeps and options much sooner. He started to figure it out way too late vs Bama last year. If the defense is going to give it to you, take it young man. Our offense stalls when he gets into the dropback qb mode over and over. Most importantly, he needs to scramble a lot more. Scrambling more than designed runs for him are when he's truly dangerous. If the 2nd option isn't there like it wasn't vs Bama and OM, take off since they're all sitting back in coverage and get 5+ and force them to take their medicine with #1 over the top later after you suck them up. He's going to be surrounded with 3 good RBs and they need touches. This all goes back to Mullen not knowing how to use a RB though.

Matthew Stafford and Aaron Murray think you're a dumbass.

justwin
05-01-2015, 10:13 AM
Matthew Stafford and Aaron Murray think you're a dumbass.

of course they do.

Still doesn't change the fact they were a combined 3-4 vs Spurrier/USC and got outplayed by Blake Mitchell, Chris Smelley, Garcia, and Shaw. Just like Peyton Manning was owned by Spurrier at UF

War Machine Dawg
05-01-2015, 10:58 AM
of course they do.

Still doesn't change the fact they were a combined 3-4 vs Spurrier/USC and got outplayed by Blake Mitchell, Chris Smelley, Garcia, and Shaw. Just like Peyton Manning was owned by Spurrier at UF

And yet both of those guys are better than every SCar QB under Spurrier and have NFL careers. What are the others doing? Guarantee you Spurrier would've sold his soul to have Stafford or Murray over any of the QBs you mentioned.

justwin
05-01-2015, 09:00 PM
And yet both of those guys are better than every SCar QB under Spurrier and have NFL careers. What are the others doing? Guarantee you Spurrier would've sold his soul to have Stafford or Murray over any of the QBs you mentioned.

How are they better when the lost more than they won vs USC?

Kudos on making my point...and yet every one of those underrated USC qbs outplayed and beat those highly rated UGA qbs that think I'm a dumbass. Like I said originally, never put a Georgia QB over a Spurrier coached USC qb b/c Spurrier is a better coach and developer of talent. What they're doing now doesn't matter in their pro careers. What Stafford and Murray did when they were SEC QBs matter and they lost to lower recruited USC qbs which is the point of the article and my original post.

I'm also going to disagree with you and that I'm not sure if Spurrier would've sold his soul to get any recruit much less a highly recruited qb. Spurrier made Danny Wuerffel a heisman candiate and draftee who by all accounts was on the low end of talent and recruiting desire. Spurrier, unlike Fulmer & Bowden and all of the other cheating SEC coaches that he consistently called out for cheating, is that he actually did the right thing and didn't cheat. He suspended or kicked off several players who broke the rules and was quite outspoken calling out coaches who did break the rules to land the top talent. Jabar Gaffney comes to mind.. So, I don't really follow your logic as it's inconsistent with history. Hell, Spurrier was 4-0 vs Peyton Manning using much lower rated qbs and Spurrier constantly called out Fulmer for bending the rules to land players.

Completely disagree that Spurrier would've sold his soul to get any player much less a highly rated Georgia QB who he beat more often than not with much lower rated qbs.

I don't follow your logic.

War Machine Dawg
05-01-2015, 09:15 PM
Do you really not understand the concept of "team sports" and that head-to-head doesn't mean dick when you're evaluating talent? Stafford is one of the elite NFL QBs. But you're saying he's not better than all those SCar QBs because he lost to them in college? If that's really what you're saying, you're a moron or trolling. Either way, you aren't worth continuing the discussion with on this issue because you can't comprehend the concept of individual talent.

ETA: If those SCar QBs are better than Stafford, why aren't they all lighting up the NFL like Stafford?