PDA

View Full Version : Billy Donovan to Thunder

Dallas_Dawg
04-29-2015, 11:24 PM
Looks like this is about to happen. Sorry if Germanic.
Maybe we can steal a croot

BeardoMSU
04-29-2015, 11:39 PM
Looks like this is about to happen. Sorry if Germanic.
Maybe we can steal a croot

Awesome.

War Machine Dawg
04-29-2015, 11:45 PM
Well, we do need a big to replace losing Kasongo. Plus it would let us get rid of Ndoye. Win-win.

Political Hack
04-30-2015, 06:33 AM
Well, we do need a big to replace losing Kasongo. Plus it would let us get rid of Ndoye. Win-win.

wrong thread?

Billy D leaving the SEC would be great news.

blacklistedbully
04-30-2015, 10:03 AM
Would enjoy poaching Florida, after the way they poached us prior to our Orange Bowl, particularly since their AD seemed to make it personal due to his dislike of Mullen.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have Diaz over Collins, but I have no doubt their taking of him prior to our Orange Bowl prep screwed us badly.

War Machine Dawg
04-30-2015, 10:18 AM
wrong thread?

Billy D leaving the SEC would be great news.

Re-read the original post. "Maybe we can still a croot." Thus my comment about losing out on Kasongo. I agree, Donovan leaving for OKC is good news.

blacklistedbully
04-30-2015, 10:49 AM
Thankful this took place after we hired Coach Howland.

smootness
04-30-2015, 12:22 PM
This would mean we now have the 2nd best coach in the entire conference.

I'm not sure if we could get any of their recruits or not. Kevaughn Allen is another SG, and their other 3 are from in-state.

Noah Dickerson is the guy I'd want. He said he would re-think his commitment if Donovan leaves, so we may be able to get in the picture with Newman onboard.

I seen it dawg
04-30-2015, 12:27 PM
Mullen to Florida

thf24
04-30-2015, 12:33 PM
Mullen to Florida

Shit...**

BeardoMSU
04-30-2015, 12:55 PM
Thankful this took place after we hired Coach Howland.

Indeed. All the people who have been reaming Strick need to recognize the nutsack he showed with this situation. If he had waited even another week or two, we would have had our dicks in our hand. We made unquestionably the best basketball hire of the off-season.

msstate7
04-30-2015, 12:58 PM
Mullen to Florida

Freeze about to get another raise*

Thick
04-30-2015, 01:02 PM
Pete Thamel saying his inside source..."Donovan to Thunder is done deal".

fishwater99
04-30-2015, 01:19 PM
Indeed. All the people who have been reaming Strick need to recognize the nutsack he showed with this situation. If he had waited even another week or two, we would have had our dicks in our hand. We made unquestionably the best basketball hire of the off-season.

We would not have fired Ray if Howland hadn't already agreed to take the job.

DancingRabbit
04-30-2015, 01:33 PM
Freeze about to get another raise*

I was going to post that Andy Kennedy should get a raise out of this.

Martianlander
04-30-2015, 01:43 PM
Rick Ray to Florida****

Johnson85
04-30-2015, 02:35 PM
This would mean we now have the 2nd best coach in the entire conference.

I'm not sure if we could get any of their recruits or not. Kevaughn Allen is another SG, and their other 3 are from in-state.

Noah Dickerson is the guy I'd want. He said he would re-think his commitment if Donovan leaves, so we may be able to get in the picture with Newman onboard.

I actually think we now have the best coach in the conference if you're talking about actual coaching and not recruiting. Callipari isn't a slouch when it comes to coaching and it's a real skill to take one and done players and get them to play together, but I think if you were going to give me a team that was not a group of one and done players, I'd pick Howland or Pearl ahead of Calipari.

MabenMaroon
04-30-2015, 02:39 PM
Upper South-Southeast Mizzou State beat them to it.

Saw a tweet from him the other day, saying they had a great first skills session and that he had blood all over his shirt ... What the hell does he do in practices? When he was here, we would lose 3 to 5 players each year with season ending injuries and/or surgery

Dawg61
04-30-2015, 02:41 PM
Man are we having some kind of luck in basketball in not even two months. It isn't even May yet!! At the start of March we had Rick Ray as coach with no hope for the near future. Everyone assumed Ray would be back for next year and that we'd be not quite shitty enough to fire him next year either. Basketball was in a coma. Nobody cared anymore. Nobody was watching anymore. Then all of a sudden we are able to land a whale. Now we have the 2nd best coach in the SEC at worst. Cal is obviously the best recruiter but is he better during the game? I'm not so sure. Malik Newman is a Bulldog when this time last year we all thought that was impossible. Now we have Donovan gone!! Sky is so bright in hoops right now. I check everyday now expecting more and more great news. We are butter guys!! Enjoy it while it's here. And yes I said BUTTER cause we are on a damn ROLL!!

blacklistedbully
04-30-2015, 02:43 PM
I actually think we now have the best coach in the conference if you're talking about actual coaching and not recruiting. Callipari isn't a slouch when it comes to coaching and it's a real skill to take one and done players and get them to play together, but I think if you were going to give me a team that was not a group of one and done players, I'd pick Howland or Pearl ahead of Calipari.

I do wonder how much of it is Cal being great at getting them to play together, and how much is about the fact that UK can get, not just the most talented recruits, but also those with the right attitude. Seems as though he gets to pick-and-choose from elite players who come in already with a great work ethic and attitude, and an understanding that they only have to put their egos on-the-shelf for one year in exchange for getting a huge NBA pay-day after that year.