PDA

View Full Version : BPL Thread?

DanglyGiant
04-29-2015, 04:24 PM
Mods, feel free to lock/move/delete this thread or whatever you'd like, but as interest in baseball wanes and the off season gets closer, I was wondering if we might be able to bring back the weekly BPL/EPL update thread.

TheRef
04-29-2015, 06:26 PM
I would be down for that....but I'm still a little depressed at our second-half collapse against Chelsea......

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-29-2015, 06:34 PM
Newcastle has been the worst team in the league for the past 3 months. If the season was any 2 or 3 games longer they'd be getting relegated.

TheRef
04-29-2015, 06:36 PM
Newcastle has been the worst team in the league for the past 3 months. If the season was any 2 or 3 games longer they'd be getting relegated.

We play you next at KP Stadium. Hopefully our boys will be halfway healthy.

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-29-2015, 07:07 PM
We play you next at KP Stadium. Hopefully our boys will be halfway healthy.
Newcastle has horrible ownership. Horrible. And maybe getting demoted will cause a change in ownership. But that's a dangerous game in terms of revenue and what not. Its pathetic how bad Newcastle is considering they're in the upper tier of wealth in the league and have one of the best fanbases. Their owner isn't putting nearly the amount of money into the team that he is making off of it. I want to say they had $30-something million dollars in surplus income last season that the owner, board, whoever wouldn't allow to be spent. The fans have started trying to boycott games, and games that they aren't boycotting they're chanting that they want to owner out.

I guess that was a bit of incoherent ranting..but the moral of the story is I might be pulling for y'all, Ref.

Liverpooldawg
04-29-2015, 08:08 PM
I always knew it was going to be tough for Liverpool without Suarez but I never figured we would have to play over half the season without Sturridge too. Very disappointing season.

War Machine Dawg
04-29-2015, 09:40 PM
Hull has found new life, knocking off Crystal Palace and Liverpool in the last two games. I know I say it every time we do one of these threads, but it really sucks how injuries have decimated this team. They show flashes of being really damn good at times and are clearly well coached, but just don't have enough horses on most days. Dame N'Doye has been a massive signing, though. He's given us a legit scoring threat with Jelavic out with injury aGAIN. When they were together that was a pretty solid striking duo. What we desperately need is a good attacking mid. I've seen rumors that we'd like to go get Dempsey, but I have no idea as to the veracity of that outside some message board yahoos.

The bigger issue continues to be ownership. There's a fairly serious move to force out the Allams and have the club put up for sale. Supposedly 2-3 owners/ownership groups are interested, including Red Bull.

War Machine Dawg
04-29-2015, 09:42 PM
Newcastle has horrible ownership. Horrible. And maybe getting demoted will cause a change in ownership. But that's a dangerous game in terms of revenue and what not. Its pathetic how bad Newcastle is considering they're in the upper tier of wealth in the league and have one of the best fanbases. Their owner isn't putting nearly the amount of money into the team that he is making off of it. I want to say they had $30-something million dollars in surplus income last season that the owner, board, whoever wouldn't allow to be spent. The fans have started trying to boycott games, and games that they aren't boycotting they're chanting that they want to owner out.

I guess that was a bit of incoherent ranting..but the moral of the story is I might be pulling for y'all, Ref.

See my post below. I feel your pain re: ownership.

DawgHouseUnited
04-30-2015, 10:22 AM
Southampton has had a fairly good season so far. Kinda dropped out of the hunt for the top spot, but I was almost expecting it. We're flirting with top-five right now. Hopefully we will have a good schedule for the rest of the season, vs. Sunderland, AV, Leicester, before the finale against Man City. Interesting fact: the club is subsidizing the ticket prices for the City game to help get more supporters to attend.

The Saints just lost midfielder Schneiderlin to a knee injury, expected to be out for the rest of the season. That hurts, but Victor Wanyama is coming back from a suspension just in time to step in. We're also sitting on Dusan Tadic, who has a groin injury.

DanglyGiant
04-30-2015, 11:06 AM
Manchester United has been rather streaky all season, and (much like Hull) has been devastated by injuries all season long.

Before the recent two-game slide, we had been picking up steam by winning six of our last seven. Now we just need to avoid an all-out melt down to remain in the top four.

TheRef
04-30-2015, 12:05 PM
So I would just like to say that I love Leicester City's Manager Nigel Pearson. He, after the 3-1 loss to Chelsea, called a reporter an "ostrich" during a post-match news conference. Apparently the reporter was being a little brash towards the team, and Pearson was having none of that. Anyway...good to know that our manager has some balls o' steel.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicster-City-boss-Nigel-pearson-apologises/story-26419423-detail/story.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=Sendible&utm_campaign=RSS

smootness
04-30-2015, 12:16 PM
QPR sucks.