PDA

View Full Version : Engie....

preachermatt83
04-29-2015, 02:29 PM
I let you out of the basketball bet, because, well to be honest with Ray gone I got what I wanted so no need to hold you too it.... Now, for the Baseball bet it's gonna take some serious butt kissing to get me to change my mind on that .. haha. Hard to believe the ole preach is gonna be right in both basketball AND baseball in one season huh Engine?:cool:

engie
04-29-2015, 02:36 PM
You are still pretending that you saw this meltdown coming after crawfishing on this the first 6 weeks of the season? Alright then. Broke clocks and whatnot.

FISHDAWG
04-29-2015, 02:38 PM
his V-cash account says he's not ALWAYS right

Jack Lambert
04-29-2015, 02:50 PM
You are still pretending that you saw this meltdown coming after crawfishing on this the first 6 weeks of the season? Alright then. Broke clocks and whatnot.

Actually the broke clock metaphor is bogus. With PM and AM times there is no way a clock can be right twice in a day only once.

Eric Nies Grind Time
04-29-2015, 03:31 PM
IMO you should repent for being so prideful. Self flagellation is in order.

preachermatt83
04-29-2015, 05:03 PM
2 for the gipper!!! Haha. Just giving you a hard time dude for acting like I was an idiot for saying two things both of which came true. Just saying sometimes it's not the best move to treat someone like they are dumb for having an opinion.

preachermatt83
04-29-2015, 05:04 PM

So here's the question... Will u honor the bet or not?

blacklistedbully
04-29-2015, 06:59 PM
his V-cash account says he's not ALWAYS right

And yours says you are, at least a lot!

engie
04-29-2015, 07:58 PM
Sure. About sick of this place overall anyway. It's outgrown it's charm.

preachermatt83
04-29-2015, 09:05 PM

Man this is still the greatest sports message board online.

defiantdog
04-29-2015, 09:28 PM

Not sure what you mean by charm, but I agree that things are boring. But that's because we sucked at basketball, we suck at baseball and we're praying we don't suck at football.

Dawg61
04-29-2015, 09:53 PM

Haha what are you talking about dude. You'll be away for a week tops. Face it. You are stuck here for life. We fight. We argue. We piss each other off but at the end of the day there's not other people besides us that you can verbally vomit Mississippi State information to. We are your only outlet. You gonna start spewing Engiematics to the waitress at Bonefish? Good luck with that. See ya in a week bud.

engie
04-29-2015, 09:54 PM
It's not the "boring" that sucks.... It's the miles of total ridiculousness between occasionally good posts and good posters. When the actual insight dips to the 10% range or even lower, well below the percentage of cringeworthiness, the fun is just about over. Baseball season is the absolute worst, even when we're good, because every dude that swung a bat in minor league think they know the game. Now that we're struggling more than we should be in what was always going to be a transition year, we've got quite a few here that overrun every single baseball thread here that literally think they know it better than SEC coaches.

The concentration of good baseball posters that kicked it off and made it great are gone. Just a matter of time before the few remaining really good active baseball posters get sick of arguing and being called out about this stuff every 5 minutes too.

engie
04-29-2015, 09:56 PM
Haha what are you talking about dude. You'll be away for a week tops. Face it. You are stuck here for life. We fight. We argue. We piss each other off but at the end of the day there's not other people besides us that you can verbally vomit Mississippi State information to. We are your only outlet. You gonna start spewing Engiematics to the waitress at Bonefish? Good luck with that. See ya in a week bud.

I'll use it to -- you know -- actually make money. You should check my last login and post date on SECrant -- I honor my bets. But even if I didn't -- this just isn't fun to me anymore.

MsStateBaseball
04-29-2015, 10:02 PM
I am with Engie, my posts have lessened bc of idiots arguing. I'm not always right of course but some people on here never played baseball, never watch 100 or more MLB games per year, etc and they talk a bunch of junk. I can't argue w idiots that don't know baseball

Dawg61
04-29-2015, 10:12 PM
I'll use it to -- you know -- actually make money. You should check my last login and post date on SECrant -- I honor my bets. But even if I didn't -- this just isn't fun to me anymore.

I am with Engie, my posts have lessened bc of idiots arguing. I'm not always right of course but some people on here never played baseball, never watch 100 or more MLB games per year, etc and they talk a bunch of junk. I can't argue w idiots that don't know baseball

Looks like Cohen only has Todd left. Engie and MsStateBaseball are done defending him. Looks like to me that next year is Cohen's last year. Stricklin has a year to round up candidates.

cheewgumm
04-29-2015, 10:15 PM
Engie... No offense because I like reading your stuff and really appreciate your insight. But of all the people to get sick of rambling of people on here, seems like you should have the thickest skin. You are very opinionated and not really patient with people who differ.

Dawg61
04-29-2015, 10:17 PM

Good lord dude step off the ledge. Our football program has never been this healthy and we've got Ben Howland and Malik Newman for basketball. Yet you can't find enjoyment in that right now because Cohen keeps popping out shit burgers everyday. Relax man. We'll be fine in baseball sooner than Rick Ray's tenure lasted. It just won't be with your man crush Cohen.

engie
04-29-2015, 10:29 PM
Engie... No offense because I like reading your stuff and really appreciate your insight. But of all the people to get sick of rambling of people on here, seems like you should have the thickest skin. You are very opinionated and not really patient with people who differ.

I've got plenty thick skin. I just literally do not have the energy to fight about it. You can't convince idiots that they are idiots or actually enlighten them. After all these years, I've simply come to terms with this. I've prettymuch averaged 60 hours of work and 10k steps/day for the year so far, the majority of which are side gigs that I basically get out of what I put in

When I can't get on here and talk baseball with Todd without 5 people trying to undercut everything either of us say or with them modifying what we are actually saying in order to fit something they've been rallying their little clan arguing about -- and all the actual good baseball posters have prettymuch gone into hiding -- I see no reason my presence is needed nor wanted -- and I'm fine with that. I didn't bother coming back to tell people I told them so in 2011 and 2013 -- and I won't when a few things are cleaned up and we field Cohen's best team yet next year either.

RougeDawg
04-29-2015, 11:28 PM
Man this is still the greatest sports message board online.

He's sick of this place because his man crush has proven to be what I've been saying he has been since day one. He can't man up and admit his maroon colored glasses skewed his perception of reality.

I personally thought he had broken his laptop with his blowup doll after his "Cohen's late season surge" Blew up in his face.

GTHOM
04-29-2015, 11:41 PM
This place goes haywire when people have different opinions, your either a ''troll'', ''idiot'', or you get ''this is why nobody takes you seriously....''

As far as engie, i enjoy your posts and you seem like your a knowledgeable guy, besides i need somebody here to tell me why we suck so bad because i do not know as much baseball as i do football, not even close

MSUDawg4Life
04-29-2015, 11:56 PM
Engie doesn't have the energy to argue ....

Never thought I would see the day.

Rayburn8
04-30-2015, 12:03 AM

That must suck, also why I don't participate in Baseball threads. I don't know shit about baseball. So I stay out. If only people who do not understand basketball did the same in those threads we could all live in peace.

cheewgumm
04-30-2015, 12:38 AM
I think I know the most about football, so if all yall would shut up and not comment when I'm telling you how it is, id appreciate it.

Otherwise I'm leaving.

War Machine Dawg
04-30-2015, 01:47 AM
I think I know the most about football, so if all yall would shut up and not comment when I'm telling you how it is, id appreciate it.

Otherwise I'm leaving.

Yep. All opinions but mine suck. If we were all lemmings, this board would be better.***

Seriously, what's the point of message boards if not to share differing opinions and vent frustration? That's pretty much the entire description of a sports forum, so far as I'm concerned. So long as there are two humans, you can give them the same set of facts and each will wind up with a different opinion on the facts presented. We can aggressively disagree, but to take it so seriously as to let it drain you of energy IRL and make you want to quit posting? C'mon, mane.

Dawgface
04-30-2015, 06:34 AM
This place goes haywire when people have different opinions, your either a ''troll'', ''idiot'', or you get ''this is why nobody takes you seriously....''

This is true. One reason I don't enjoy reading what some of the so called 'experts' have to say. If some of them want to take their ball and go home, fine with me.

Smitty
04-30-2015, 06:42 AM
I was "trolling" last summer when I said I didn't think Fitts would start for us.

Also, Todds weak attempts to directly correlate juco batting averages to here is hilarious. Daniel Garner is hitting over .300 and has over half his team's HR's and drastically cut his K's but that could "never" have happened here because "direct correlation". Well Pirtle hit .220 in juco so gtfo.

Political Hack
04-30-2015, 07:12 AM
it's a message board. anyone can post (except hobby lobby fans).

Unless Brantley joins the board, I'd expect amateur opinions more times than not.

engie
04-30-2015, 07:44 AM
He's sick of this place because his man crush has proven to be what I've been saying he has been since day one. He can't man up and admit his maroon colored glasses skewed his perception of reality.

I personally thought he had broken his laptop with his blowup doll after his "Cohen's late season surge" Blew up in his face.

Perfect example.

This guy never makes 2 posts in a row that aren't full retard. Including this very one. Literally thinks he knows more baseball than John Cohen. It's hilariously stupid -- and not even worth trying to fix at this point.

Yep -- you got me -- the guy that took us farther than anyone else has in 120 years less than 24 months ago is a bumbling moron. I'm sure you are much smarter in spite of your propensity to say laughably ridiculous things continually on message boards while obviously living in a fantasy world**

engie
04-30-2015, 08:00 AM
I was "trolling" last summer when I said I didn't think Fitts would start for us.

Also, Todds weak attempts to directly correlate juco batting averages to here is hilarious. Daniel Garner is hitting over .300 and has over half his team's HR's and drastically cut his K's but that could "never" have happened here because "direct correlation". Well Pirtle hit .220 in juco so gtfo.

Fitts in the bullpen has worked out great for us this year**

How is your boy Britton doing? Seth Heck smashing? How about the guy you wanted to cut last year Wes Rea? You are the worst here about beating your chest when you are correct about something yet won't even acknowledge when you are wrong or say something outlandishly stupid. It's like you literally have your panties in a wad still about losing the stay master and baseball knowledge awards last year.

If you can't and won't be a two way street -- you aren't worth discussing anything with. You don't know the game, never played, and are literally afraid to take bp against a washed up catcher with a partially torn rotators to extol the virtues of your laughable hitting approach. People that don't know the game are welcome to go on thinking that you do -- I'm beyond caring at this point.

Really Clark?
04-30-2015, 08:42 AM
I can't help but think of this when I read from some of our resident guru's about baseball and what they would have a player looking like. Not directed at anyone in particular but sometimes when I read what they would have a player do and this is the visualization that pops in my head.

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/bartolo-colon-swing-and-miss-against-pirates-b.gif

ETA. Just for pure entertainment alone, we should never go DH in the national league.

bulldogcountry1
04-30-2015, 08:44 AM

How about a few more examples of guys who had better offensive production at an SEC school than JUCO?

Dawg61
04-30-2015, 08:56 AM
How about a few more examples of guys who had better offensive production at an SEC school than JUCO?

Please don't encourage him

cheewgumm
04-30-2015, 09:26 AM
Engie, the main reason this stuff sickens you is the main reason you should embrace it. You LOVE the argument! It's obvious and it's not a bad thing. Embrace it and use it as an outlet .

I think this is all just a matter of perspective. When someone refutes your points, that is an opportunity to convince others. Some you will never convince but it's fun to make the argument.

shannondawg
04-30-2015, 09:44 AM
Please don't go Engie!

Before you do, would you explain to me what the vcash is by our names? How to spend it or increase it.. Cause we coming up to a long dry spell with the last baseball game this weekend. We just don't get many posts about our golf or tennis teams.

CadaverDawg
04-30-2015, 10:05 AM
http://cdn.funnyhub.com/2015/jan/haters-gonna-hate/haters-gonna-hate25.gif

Everybody should relax. Yes, Rouge and several others think they know way more than they do. Just like engie thinks he knows everything. Truth is, tons of people piss me off and make me want to call them idiots at times. But like Preacher said, they're "OUR Idiots"....and the board wouldn't be the same without getting some comic relief by laughing at Rouge play Emanski, Smitty play Billy Beane, Coach play Nostradamous, Engie play God, etc.

Learn to laugh it off and view it for what it is. Hell, I know I piss a lot of folks off too at times. Family has idiots, leaders, smartasses, crazy uncles, and shitassed kids...but they're still family. I like all you delusional bastards* even when I argue with you.

I think our baseball team's suckdom has just drained everyone, and it's brought out some overreactions. Football can't get here soon enough.

Thick
04-30-2015, 10:09 AM
Don't be a quitter engie, apparently we have enough on the baseball team per Cohen.

War Machine Dawg
04-30-2015, 10:25 AM

Everybody should relax. Yes, Rouge and several others think they know way more than they do. Just like engie thinks he knows everything. Truth is, tons of people piss me off and make me want to call them idiots at times. But like Preacher said, they're "OUR Idiots"....and the board wouldn't be the same without getting some comic relief by laughing at Rouge play Emanski, Smitty play Billy Beane, Coach play Nostradamous, Engie play God, etc.

Learn to laugh it off and view it for what it is. Hell, I know I piss a lot if folks off too at times. Family has idiots, leaders, smartasses, crazy uncles, and shitassed kids...but they're still family. I like all you delusional bastards* even when I argue with you.

I think our baseball team's suckdom has just drained everyone, and it's brought out some overreactions. Football can't get here soon enough.

+1 Nailed it.

blacklistedbully
04-30-2015, 10:55 AM
I've got plenty thick skin. I just literally do not have the energy to fight about it. You can't convince idiots that they are idiots or actually enlighten them. After all these years, I've simply come to terms with this. I've prettymuch averaged 60 hours of work and 10k steps/day for the year so far, the majority of which are side gigs that I basically get out of what I put in

When I can't get on here and talk baseball with Todd without 5 people trying to undercut everything either of us say or with them modifying what we are actually saying in order to fit something they've been rallying their little clan arguing about -- and all the actual good baseball posters have prettymuch gone into hiding -- I see no reason my presence is needed nor wanted -- and I'm fine with that. I didn't bother coming back to tell people I told them so in 2011 and 2013 -- and I won't when a few things are cleaned up and we field Cohen's best team yet next year either.

Damn, dude! Just put the ones who piss you off on ignore, and only engage with the ones you like.

blacklistedbully
04-30-2015, 11:04 AM

Learn to laugh it off and view it for what it is. Hell, I know I piss a lot of folks off too at times. Family has idiots, leaders, smartasses, crazy uncles, and shitassed kids...but they're still family. I like all you delusional bastards* even when I argue with you.

How in the hell did you get that much v-cash?

CadaverDawg
04-30-2015, 11:07 AM

I'm right a whole lot more than the ones who pound their chests.**

Ha

confucius say
04-30-2015, 11:11 AM
Looks like Cohen only has Todd left. Engie and MsStateBaseball are done defending him. Looks like to me that next year is Cohen's last year. Stricklin has a year to round up candidates.

I'm still a Cohen supporter. I disagree with things he does, but I still want him as our coach. Same way with mullen, he pisses me off sometimes with playing time decisions and play calling, but I was not ready for him to go in during 2013 either when half of the people on here had him on the hot seat. Cohen will right the ship.

Tbonewannabe
04-30-2015, 11:22 AM
I personally think Cohen was trying to maximize the advantages of the baseball plus the ballparks and this year we were screwed with the new seams. I think this is similar to if football decided to make the option illegal. GA Tech would be screwed for at least a year. We built our pitching staff around the old baseball so now we have a bunch of guys who throw BP. Cohen deserves at least next year to prove he can right the ship. He has won everywhere he has been. He may have to reevaluate everything from coaches down through players but I believe we will see a big difference next year. If not we get a better coach by showing we will give a chance to our coaches and not fire them at the drop of a hat.

We may play 5 or 6 freshmen next year but I think we will show a lot more fire on the field and in the dugout. For whatever reason this team lost it. Could be Cohen thought he could ease back on the intense bastard routine but it may not be the case.

Tbonewannabe
04-30-2015, 11:33 AM
I'm still a Cohen supporter. I disagree with things he does, but I still want him as our coach. Same way with mullen, he pisses me off sometimes with playing time decisions and play calling, but I was not ready for him to go in during 2013 either when half of the people on here had him on the hot seat. Cohen will right the ship.

Mullen is the biggest reason I would give Cohen another chance. I was one of the people that was calling for someone new and getting Dak at QB completely changed the offense. I think the new seams have affected our team more than most because Cohen recruited specifically for Dudy Noble and Omaha and that style of play. Just recruiting pitchers to get sink on the ball isn't going to be affective any more.

FISHDAWG
04-30-2015, 11:33 AM
he's gonna be the boards first Millionaire

blacklistedbully
04-30-2015, 11:42 AM
I personally think Cohen was trying to maximize the advantages of the baseball plus the ballparks and this year we were screwed with the new seams. I think this is similar to if football decided to make the option illegal. GA Tech would be screwed for at least a year. We built our pitching staff around the old baseball so now we have a bunch of guys who throw BP. Cohen deserves at least next year to prove he can right the ship. He has won everywhere he has been. He may have to reevaluate everything from coaches down through players but I believe we will see a big difference next year. If not we get a better coach by showing we will give a chance to our coaches and not fire them at the drop of a hat.

We may play 5 or 6 freshmen next year but I think we will show a lot more fire on the field and in the dugout. For whatever reason this team lost it. Could be Cohen thought he could ease back on the intense bastard routine but it may not be the case.

I agree with much of this. That said, UCLA seems to have made the transition extremely well.

ScoobaDawg
04-30-2015, 11:44 AM

He paid attention...

For shits and giggles I'll add some bets for this weekends series

Tbonewannabe
04-30-2015, 11:49 AM
I agree with much of this. That said, UCLA seems to have made the transition extremely well.

UCLA had a losing record the year after they won it. Now they have bounced back. I would give Cohen another year to see if he bounces back.

BulldogBear
04-30-2015, 12:02 PM

By not betting on Georgia Southern to beat Florida. Oh wait. I did that. My only crowning achievement but it made Mr cocky as I love picking upsets. Compare CDs vcash to mine to see how that is working out for me.

fishwater99
04-30-2015, 01:07 PM

I can't wait...

Dawg61
04-30-2015, 03:01 PM
He paid attention...

For shits and giggles I'll add some bets for this weekends series

I wish there was likes and dislikes buttons on here and each button either added $1 or took away $1 from your VCash