PDA

View Full Version : Aggies changing logos

FlabLoser
04-29-2015, 12:31 PM
Check out Good Bull Hunting on twitter.

It appears the board of regions (or whatever they're called) is moving to change Texas A&M's logo from aTm to capital T with a star on top of it.

I like writing aTm a lot more than T*. T* looks kinda like a T and a sun, or Tsun. Then we'll have Tsun and TSUN to keep up with.

BulldogBear
04-29-2015, 12:47 PM
Check out Good Bull Hunting on twitter.

It appears the board of regions (or whatever they're called) is moving to change Texas A&M's logo from aTm to capital T with a star on top of it.

I like writing aTm a lot more than T*. T* looks kinda like a T and a sun, or Tsun. Then we'll have Tsun and TSUN to keep up with.

This is stupid. They already have a good, recoginizable brand. WT17 is wrong with it? This is some consulting firm telling them this will help. Like being confused with UT-Wherever or some small Texas school is going to help.

Political Hack
04-29-2015, 01:20 PM
it's part of their imaging attempt to be "the school" in texas.

basedog
04-29-2015, 01:25 PM
If I was in charge and had to make logo change it would be with the state of Texas logo with Aggies written across it like our M with State logo across the M. Dumb move in changing their logo I think.

FlabLoser
04-29-2015, 01:41 PM
Ahhh... Just the T as a claim to all of Texas. This idea sounds familiar.

Similar to when we started writing out "Mississippi" (State) on most of our stuff, thus becoming the only school in Mississippi to write "Mississippi" on their uniforms and such.

Is Greg Byrne's dad still the AD there?

AFDawg
04-29-2015, 01:44 PM
They're not really changing it.

That was a parody article in response to their board of regents debating whether to change the university seal. It's now a star over a T. There was a proposal to replace the T* with the aTm logo we're all familiar with.

Article is here. Note the "funny business" tag.

http://www.goodbullhunting.com/rcb05/2015/4/29/8511657/seal-backlash-causes-t-star-takeover

ckDOG
04-29-2015, 01:46 PM
It was a discussion about replacing the T* on their seal with the aTM logo. That article was written in jest. It would be really dumb to change their branding at this point in time after all the national attention during Manziel's time there...

ETA: AFDawg beat me to it.

MabenMaroon
04-30-2015, 09:37 AM
Ahhh... Just the T as a claim to all of Texas. This idea sounds familiar.

Similar to when we started writing out "Mississippi" (State) on most of our stuff, thus becoming the only school in Mississippi to write "Mississippi" on their uniforms and such.

Is Greg Byrne's dad still the AD there?

NO

missouridawg
04-30-2015, 09:45 AM
it's part of their imaging attempt to be "the school" in texas.

The dick measuring that goes on between Texas and aTm is a 24/7/365 thing here...