PDA

View Full Version : So whos on the board now after Kasongo...

bulldogsmsu
04-29-2015, 11:47 AM
Was wondering if we would try to go after any of the Florida commits should Donovan go to the Thunder. They have some highly touted big men committed as you would expect. Dickers, Stone, Hayes.

Goat from MSU
04-29-2015, 11:53 AM
We got 13 on board. We are done .

jumbo
04-29-2015, 12:50 PM
We got 13 on board. We are done .

I don't think we are for sure done, but I don't think we'll take someone just to take someone.

state66
04-29-2015, 12:57 PM
Is Ndoye sticking around since we missed on Kasongo?

LibraryDawg
04-29-2015, 01:13 PM
I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see us put on the full-court press for Thon Maker or Georgios Papagiannis.

C222
04-29-2015, 01:51 PM
I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see us put on the full-court press for Thon Maker or Georgios Papagiannis.

Let's not get too cocky. We would never get Thon Maker.

Terry Larrier from VCU is transferring. 6'8'' SF. Was a top 50 rated player out of HS in 2014.

smootness
04-29-2015, 01:55 PM

Terry Larrier from VCU is transferring. 6'8'' SF. Was a top 50 rated player out of HS in 2014.

I would take him, but he wouldn't play next year.

He's also evidence as to why, outside of the truly elite guys, you can't count on a freshman coming in and killing it.

C222
04-29-2015, 04:04 PM
Dikembe Dixson visiting this weekend.

LibraryDawg
04-29-2015, 04:07 PM

I prefaced it by saying that it won't happen. It was a pipe-dream. I guess I should have ended with **.

whosyourdawgy
04-29-2015, 04:47 PM
Courtney Cronin tweeted this

@CourtneyRCronin: 2015 6-7 wing Dikembe Dixson will officially visit Mississippi State on Saturday w/his cousin 2016 6-6 guard Montrell Dixson.

So Howland isn't resting on the 13 we have now

99jc
04-29-2015, 04:53 PM
Courtney Cronin tweeted this

@CourtneyRCronin: 2015 6-7 wing Dikembe Dixson will officially visit Mississippi State on Saturday w/his cousin 2016 6-6 guard Montrell Dixson.

So Howland isn't resting on the 13 we have now

^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ its amazing how many people think they know what's going on behind the scenes but they don't have a clue.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-29-2015, 04:57 PM
He was scheduled to visit Arky this weekend so if he changed his visit to MSU that's a good sign.

ETA: his Arky visit is scheduled for the 8th-10th

whosyourdawgy
04-29-2015, 05:02 PM
Looked at YouTube. He's a skinny 6'7 with hops. Never shows him doing anything but dunking(which he's very good at) and not shooting. His junior cousin Montrell, is 6'6 and a little thicker. Never saw him do anything but dunk but they both are rangy athletic kids that will fit nicely in an uptempo pushing the ball up the court game that Howland has said he will run.

msstate7
04-29-2015, 05:08 PM
Looked at YouTube. He's a skinny 6'7 with hops. Never shows him doing anything but dunking(which he's very good at) and not shooting. His junior cousin Montrell, is 6'6 and a little thicker. Never saw him do anything but dunk but they both are rangy athletic kids that will fit nicely in an uptempo pushing the ball up the court game that Howland has said he will run.

Don't we already have that player in Houston? I don't pretend to know more than howland, but I'd rather go after a shooter or a big man

Ifyouonlyknew
04-29-2015, 05:25 PM
All the film on YouTube is from 2013. Not sure how much his game has evolved since then.

Johnson85
04-30-2015, 08:40 AM
Don't we already have that player in Houston? I don't pretend to know more than howland, but I'd rather go after a shooter or a big man

I don't know that we have a lot of options at this time of year. I suspect that Howland is evaluating everybody who is available, and for anybody that can help us, he will figure out a way to make the scholarships work.

Also, while I'm sure he would prefer someone who can play immediately, we will have a ton of minutes to replace after next year (presumably, Malik, Ware, Thomas, Daniels, Zuppardo, Sword, so probably the equivalent of minutes that an average starting five will play depending on how much time Daniels, Zuppardo, and Thomas get). So Howland may be willing to force some attrition now even for a player that has to sit for a year. I know he wants to make a splash while Malik is here, but he's not in a position where he needs to mortgage the future for this year.