PDA

View Full Version : How can Cohen and company swing and miss this bad on talent evaluation?

Thick
04-28-2015, 09:26 PM
This team has no leadership, no guts, no pride, no talent, and has absolutely laid down and quit. Absolutely inexcusable that this season has turned out so poorly. I hope that Stricklin is getting prepared to break a foot off in Cohen's ass for this train wreck. Renovating the Dude won't make this a better situation. I never thought I would say this, but I might be done with the program until Cohen either makes some changes or he's gone!

dawgoneyall
04-28-2015, 09:29 PM
We might find out Thur night how important the LFL is and why it should not be retired.

Todd4State
04-28-2015, 11:55 PM
This team has no leadership, no guts, no pride, no talent, and has absolutely laid down and quit. Absolutely inexcusable that this season has turned out so poorly. I hope that Stricklin is getting prepared to break a foot off in Cohen's ass for this train wreck. Renovating the Dude won't make this a better situation. I never thought I would say this, but I might be done with the program until Cohen either makes some changes or he's gone!

The biggest thing we misevaluated was our players toughness for a lack of better words.

Todd4State
04-28-2015, 11:55 PM
We might find out Thur night how important the LFL is and why it should not be retired.

The LFL isn't being retired.

RougeDawg
04-29-2015, 12:23 AM
It's not talent evaluation. Holy F*cking shit. It's coaching or lack thereof. These teams have the same approach and mechanics as every Cohen team. What this team is lacking is a Renfroe/Frazier combo and lock down pen, who were all taught what developed them elsewhere at we leagues.

Please wake up and see reality. The last couple years have been some of the best classes Johnny has signed. Majority of Johnnys betters hitters have come from the JUCO ranks or transfer. Start seeing reality for what it is.

Every single state fan that's questioning things about Cohen and not seeing reality, is a hypocrite if they have called any Bear fan delusional. Because any state fan that doesn't see the issue of Johhnys hitting instruction, if he even teaches anything at all, is f*cking delusional. Period.

Todd4State
04-29-2015, 12:56 AM
Trading batting average for slugging percentage isn't going to fix anything. This is something you grossly fail to realize. And why people don't take you seriously. That and the fact that you think that "hitting mechanics" solves everything.

Thick
04-29-2015, 03:55 AM
It's not talent evaluation. Holy F*cking shit. It's coaching or lack thereof. These teams have the same approach and mechanics as every Cohen team. What this team is lacking is a Renfroe/Frazier combo and lock down pen, who were all taught what developed them elsewhere at we leagues.

Please wake up and see reality. The last couple years have been some of the best classes Johnny has signed. Majority of Johnnys betters hitters have come from the JUCO ranks or transfer. Start seeing reality for what it is.

Every single state fan that's questioning things about Cohen and not seeing reality, is a hypocrite if they have called any Bear fan delusional. Because any state fan that doesn't see the issue of Johhnys hitting instruction, if he even teaches anything at all, is f*cking delusional. Period.

Thank you Mrs. Cohen!

RocketCityDawg
04-29-2015, 09:06 AM

I thought Renfroe and Frazier were high school recruits. Hmmm

dawgs
04-29-2015, 09:46 AM
Trading batting average for slugging percentage isn't going to fix anything. This is something you grossly fail to realize. And why people don't take you seriously. That and the fact that you think that "hitting mechanics" solves everything.

Actually trading some avg for slugging does increase your odds of scoring more runs.

http://www.betfirm.com/hitting-correlations-with-runs-scored/

That's the first article I found, there's others analyzing different seasons that tend to show slugging has a stronger correlation than obp. No one is saying hit .200 with power is better than .350 without (though .200 with power still results in a relatively low slugging), but we'd likely be better off hitting .275 with power than .300 without.

ShotgunDawg
04-29-2015, 09:57 AM
Tod,

I would rather have power than batting average, assuming that the power guy's batting is acceptable.

The inherent problem with batting average is that it recognizes singles, doubles, triples, & HRs as equals.

College baseball defenses are poor, so giving college hitters credit for singles, doesn't do much for me in determining how good of a hitter they are.

However, hitting the ball hard (Power) is a skill and doesn't rely on the same luck. Plus extra base hits MOVE RUNNERS. Everyone is frustrated with how many runners we strand on base this season, and the reason for that is simple. We don't hit enough extra base hits.