PDA

View Full Version : Thinking back to the game Sunday

tcdog70
04-28-2015, 02:20 PM
And I'm still scratching my head. When is it ok to try and steal third with two outs and your best hitter at the plate? Really, if you have the speed Robson has why do you need to be on third? you are going to score on any base hit. Did Cohen call it or did he run on his own?

Goat from MSU
04-28-2015, 02:24 PM
He just did it ,just to drive you bat crazy. Really it made zero sense.
And I'm still scratching my head. When is it ok to try and steal third with two outs and your best hitter at the plate? Really, if you have the speed Robson has why do you need to be on third? you are going to score on any base hit. Did Cohen call it or did he run on his own?

blacklistedbully
04-28-2015, 02:49 PM

The only reasons I can think of is to set yourself up with the chance to score on a WP, Passed Ball or error. I'm not saying you should do it, just that those would be the reasons.

RocketCityDawg
04-28-2015, 02:52 PM
They weren't holding him. Maybe with his speed, he has the green light to go if he is 100% sure he can make it. Of course, that didn't quite work out. I would guess that the light has changed from green to yellow or maybe even red.

maroonmania
04-28-2015, 03:24 PM

Hate to keep bashing a guy but nobody should be surprised with ANYTHING when Robson is on the bases. Yes, he is very fast but he is also possibly the worst baserunner I've ever seen at MSU when it comes to fundamentals and just being smart on what to do when. I was pissed at him getting thrown out in that situation but not surprised in him attempting something so stupid at all.