PDA

View Full Version : Will Redmond has a chance to make himself some money this Fall

Coach34
04-28-2015, 07:17 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/133978/will-redmond

a good year and he may work his way into the 1st round

starkvegasdawg
04-28-2015, 07:22 AM
I would love for him to turn into a shut down corner this fall. If he can lock down half the field and our defensive line come to play this could be a nasty defense...provided our best players don't spend half the game sitting on the sidelines watching the backups get dissected.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-28-2015, 07:56 AM
Everybody talks about OM 1st rd guys but we have a legit shot at 3 1st rd guys next year.

Coach34
04-28-2015, 08:23 AM
Jones will go before Kimchee if he wants it this year. Dakota and Redmond should really shine this year. I'm hoping Nick James finishes what he has started and works his way up as well. He showed a lot this Spring for sure. Damn we gonna be good at DT

Maroonthirteen
04-28-2015, 10:00 AM
Remond will have to perform a lot better. He lost his man in coverage and missed a big tackle in the Egg that cost of us two TDs. Just saying.....

Dawgface
04-28-2015, 10:03 AM
Jones will go before Kimchee if he wants it this year. Dakota and Redmond should really shine this year. I'm hoping Nick James finishes what he has started and works his way up as well. He showed a lot this Spring for sure. Damn we gonna be good at DT

I'm hoping Jones really steps up this year. Not that he has been disappointing, but just a notch below what I expected. And with all the possible money on the line, you would think he would.

Coach34
04-28-2015, 10:04 AM
Remond will have to perform a lot better. He lost his man in coverage and missed a big tackle in the Egg that cost of us two TDs. Just saying.....

He also picked off the pass to beat UPig and locked down's Auburn's top guy. When you play 600 plays on defense- shit happens

Maroonthirteen
04-28-2015, 10:06 AM
This is true. Good points.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-28-2015, 10:07 AM

NFL guys were hoping he came out this year he would've been at worst 2nd rd draft pick this year. He continue to improve he'll be a no doubt 1st rd pick.

justwin
04-28-2015, 10:34 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/133978/will-redmond

a good year and he may work his way into the 1st round

the best thing that happened to Will is Love graduating.

justwin
04-28-2015, 10:35 AM
I would love for him to turn into a shut down corner this fall. If he can lock down half the field and our defensive line come to play this could be a nasty defense...provided our best players don't spend half the game sitting on the sidelines watching the backups get dissected.

that's asking a lot. what really will help Will and Taveze is a safety making half the plays they are in position to make.

DudyDawg
04-28-2015, 10:44 AM

I wish I shared your faith in james. It's hard for me to think he will be an impact guy for us. I'd like to know why so many think it. For me, the jury is still out. I hope he can be a big time player but I'm not holding my breath

justwin
04-28-2015, 10:44 AM
Everybody talks about OM 1st rd guys but we have a legit shot at 3 1st rd guys next year.

Curious - I think you're mentioning Dak, Jones, Wilson and Redmond as the 3 candidates?

Quick comparison:
Jones > Nkem. Nkem is SEC avg. Has played double the snaps as Jones with half the production. Not overly imposing and plays all of his best games vs nonconference. Jones showed what he's capable of vs LSU as a freshman when he put an OL on his backside.

Wilson > Paidwell. The only issue with Wilson is whether Mullen decides to showcase him like he should. Do that, 1st round especially since that FSU WR did it 2 years ago. Paidwell has gotten so many targets.

Connor. Is he NFL ready after this season? Is he better than the Browns?

Big Softie. I guess the only comparison is Malone. But different players. Is Big Softie really a 1st rounder based on what he's done so far in college? Seems like basketball offense where doesn't require him to hold blocks too long.

Redmond. How does he compare to Golson. Golson made a bunch of ints this year. Redmond did play with a cast last year and split reps. If Redmond has 6+ pics, does that = 1st round? Is Redmond faster than Golson?

Political Hack
04-28-2015, 11:23 AM
Will is faster than Golson. Legit laser-timed sub 4.4.

They won't throw at Will enough for him to have those kind of numbers IMO. Saban and Kiffin didn't go at him once. Not a single time... didn't even run sweeps to his side of the field. Wherever he lined up, they went the other way. There's going to be a whole lot of that this season. He's going to have to be more focused and more patient than ever before.

Coach34
04-28-2015, 11:26 AM
Wilson's top end speed will keep him out of the 1st round- I think he is 2nd-3rd round guy. He's the better college player over Paidwell- but Paidwell has more pro potential.

Tripp McNeely
04-28-2015, 11:34 AM
Will is faster than Golson. Legit laser-timed sub 4.4.

They won't throw at Will enough for him to have those kind of numbers IMO. Saban and Kiffin didn't go at him once. Not a single time... didn't even run sweeps to his side of the field. Wherever he lined up, they went the other way. There's going to be a whole lot of that this season. He's going to have to be more focused and more patient than ever before.

Will is also 2-3 inches taller than Golson

FlabLoser
04-28-2015, 11:35 AM
Until Paidwell broke his ankle, I'd vote for Paidwell over Wilson. Right now Paidwell has a lot to prove.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-28-2015, 11:52 AM
Curious - I think you're mentioning Dak, Jones, Wilson and Redmond as the 3 candidates?

Quick comparison:
Jones > Nkem. Nkem is SEC avg. Has played double the snaps as Jones with half the production. Not overly imposing and plays all of his best games vs nonconference. Jones showed what he's capable of vs LSU as a freshman when he put an OL on his backside.

Wilson > Paidwell. The only issue with Wilson is whether Mullen decides to showcase him like he should. Do that, 1st round especially since that FSU WR did it 2 years ago. Paidwell has gotten so many targets.

Big Softie. I guess the only comparison is Malone. But different players. Is Big Softie really a 1st rounder based on what he's done so far in college? Seems like basketball offense where doesn't require him to hold blocks too long.

Redmond. How does he compare to Golson. Golson made a bunch of ints this year. Redmond did play with a cast last year and split reps. If Redmond has 6+ pics, does that = 1st round? Is Redmond faster than Golson?

I didn't have Bear in the 1st rd. I was talking Jones, Redmond, & Dak. Yall may not like Tunsil but if he comes back healthy he's a for sure top 5-10 pick maybe higher. Treadwell runs a 4.5 or better at the combine he's a top 20 pick. Conner may be their best defender. All of those guys along with Nkemdiche will be 1st rd guys if they stay healthy & play like they have the 1st couple years.

Jack Lambert
04-28-2015, 12:43 PM
I wish I shared your faith in james. It's hard for me to think he will be an impact guy for us. I'd like to know why so many think it. For me, the jury is still out. I hope he can be a big time player but I'm not holding my breath

Preston Smith is proof that it's never too late to kick it into high gear.

Bothrops
04-28-2015, 12:44 PM
I can't see OM having more than 1 first rounder and may have none. I see Treadwell with a decrease in production this year coming off his injury and Nkemdiche would get owned in the NFL.

archdog
04-28-2015, 12:49 PM
I didn't have Bear in the 1st rd. I was talking Jones, Redmond, & Dak. Yall may not like Tunsil but if he comes back healthy he's a for sure top 5-10 pick maybe higher. Treadwell runs a 4.5 or better at the combine he's a top 20 pick. Conner may be their best defender. All of those guys along with Nkemdiche will be 1st rd guys if they stay healthy & play like they have the 1st couple years.

I say give credit when credit is due. Treadwell is a dang good receiver. He's not O. Beckham Jr. but he is pretty good. UM and MSU both will have a shot at getting plenty of people into the league in the early rounds next year. Conner is their best defensive player. Dude is a stud. Redmond is a stud. RNKemdiche is also a stud who gets double teamed every play. Chris Jones gets it done also with the constant double teams. All in all, the Mississippi schools are fielding some talent right now and I for one like it.

Coach34
04-28-2015, 12:51 PM
Big Softie is almost a certain 1st rounder unless he gets hurts yet again and his lack of toughness scares teams
Kimchee is a tweener size-wise- will be interesting to see where he ends up. It damn sure wont be in the top half of the 1st round
Treadwell has some things to prove- but I think he ends up 1st round
Conner- has work to do but could slide in with a great season.

Really Clark?
04-28-2015, 12:58 PM

I agree on Wilson and Ross with our WR corp and coming out this year. I also think it will be hard for Gray to necessarily put up the numbers needed to be a one and done type because of our depth, but I think he may have 1st round potential.

DudyDawg
04-28-2015, 01:07 PM
Preston Smith is proof that it's never too late to kick it into high gear.

I agree. But I don't have that faith in nick yet. Maybe he will show out, maybe not, but I'm not going into the season counting it as fact.

Bothrops
04-28-2015, 01:31 PM
I will be surprised if Treadwell is as productive as before. He's certainly prone to re-injury.

Coach34
04-28-2015, 01:41 PM
I will be surprised if Treadwell is as productive as before. He's certainly prone to re-injury.

his problems are going to be mental when guys start going for those legs to tackle him or coming from behind like what happened vs Auburn

Political Hack
04-28-2015, 03:45 PM
Treadwell and Tunsil are first rounders if healthy. Conner will get drafted but I can't see him pushing into the first no matter how we'll be plays. I think his measurables and speed will limit his ceiling.

Kimchee could, but he needs a monster year. He honestly hasn't gotten any better since high school.

sandwolf
04-28-2015, 04:04 PM
I can't see OM having more than 1 first rounder and may have none.

Huh? You definitely see things a whole lot differently than pretty much everybody that has put out a 2016 Mock Draft then.

WalterFootball.com has 3 going in the top 5 overall -- Link (http://walterfootball.com/draft2016.php)
TheSportsBank.net has 3 going in the first round (2 in the top 10) -- Link (http://www.thesportsbank.net/nfl/2016-nfl-mock-draft-4-16-15/)
EatDrinkandSleepFootball.com has 3 going in the first round (2 in the top 5 and all 3 in the top 10) -- Link (http://eatdrinkandsleepfootball.com/draft/nfl/mockdraft/kevin-hanson/2016/index.html)

Here is a link to a database of 9 mock drafts for 2016.....every single one of them has at least one OM player being drafted in the top 5, and a couple of them have multiple OM players being drafted in the top 5. -- Link (http://fueledbysports.com/2016-nfl-mock-draft-database/)

I know that mock drafts this far out are a pretty big crap shoot, but it's pretty absurd to try to make a case for them only having 1 first rounder next year (much less no first rounders).

Covercorner2
04-28-2015, 04:05 PM
While Nkemdiche doesn't produce eye-popping stats in college, his versatility and measurable will make him a sure-fire first round draft pick. Don't kid yourself, those things matter ALOT to talent evaluaters. He's a 3-4 defensive end in the NFL IMO. He's a tweener and he doesn't really fit a 4-3 college defense (think spread offense), which is one of the reasons he hasn't produced the way he should IMO. But in an NFL 3-4 as a DE or 4-3 as a DT he will be a first round draft pick.

Treadwell may not have the size of De'Runnya, but when healthy he is a WAY more polished receiver. He's just smooth and reliable. Can't really teach that.

Connor will be like this years Shaq Thompson. People won't know what position to evaluate him at. Same with CJ Johnson. I would like to have Connor on my team if I'm an NFL exec.

Tunsil will have to clear medical screening. IF so, he's a sure fire first rounder.

The guy everyone is forgetting, though, is Evan Engram...

BeardoMSU
04-28-2015, 04:17 PM
While Nkemdiche doesn't produce eye-popping stats in college, his versatility and measurable will make him a sure-fire first round draft pick. Don't kid yourself, those things matter ALOT to talent evaluaters. He's a 3-4 defensive end in the NFL IMO. He's a tweener and he doesn't really fit a 4-3 college defense (think spread offense), which is one of the reasons he hasn't produced the way he should IMO. But in an NFL 3-4 as a DE or 4-3 as a DT he will be a first round draft pick.

Treadwell may not have the size of De'Runnya, but when healthy he is a WAY more polished receiver. He's just smooth and reliable. Can't really teach that.

Connor will be like this years Shaq Thompson. People won't know what position to evaluate him at. Same with CJ Johnson. I would like to have Connor on my team if I'm an NFL exec.

Tunsil will have to clear medical screening. IF so, he's a sure fire first rounder.

The guy everyone is forgetting, though, is Evan Engram...

Good post. As much as folks on this board hate to admit it, the guys at the top of their '13 class are all elite talents. I totally agree with you on RK; he's a tweener, but his speed and strength will allow him to be disruptive in an NFL 3-4. Treadwell is a stud. Tunsil is either made of glass, or he's just not going the extra mile to fight through little nagging injuries, which wouldn't surprise me given he wants to be a lottery pick. Conner is the player out of that group I like the most; really wish we had him in our secondary.

Coach34
04-28-2015, 04:43 PM
There's a reason Kimchee didn't make the Coaches All-SEC team. And why he won't be a top half of Round 1 pick

Covercorner2
04-28-2015, 08:47 PM
There's a reason Kimchee didn't make the Coaches All-SEC team. And why he won't be a top half of Round 1 pick

Yea- Dante Fowler, Bud Dupree, Shane Ray (all first rounders) and Preston Smith.

Look, I think Nkemdiche has underachieved as a college player. But, I attribute that mostly to scheme and him not being utilized to his upmost potential. Some of that is coaching, some of that is the college game in general, and some of that is development. But, at the end of the day, he's a freak who is very versatile that can pressure the QB and other than QB and LT that's probably the most sought after type player in the NFL.

Coach34
04-28-2015, 08:54 PM
I think he is being used the best way possible. He is undersized and is not a good 4-3, gap control DT that is physical. Ole Missus stems and slants to use their speed on the DL because they are undersized. By slanting and moving- this keeps them from being pounded on by bigger, physical OL's. If Kimchee was playing a typical 4-3 DT- he would be getting his ass handed to him regularly.

Covercorner2
04-28-2015, 09:16 PM
I think he is being used the best way possible. He is undersized and is not a good 4-3, gap control DT that is physical. Ole Missus stems and slants to use their speed on the DL because they are undersized. By slanting and moving- this keeps them from being pounded on by bigger, physical OL's. If Kimchee was playing a typical 4-3 DT- he would be getting his ass handed to him regularly.

Exactly. He's a 3-4 DE. He should've gone to Bama...

bulldawg28
04-28-2015, 09:56 PM
You guys are letting the Homer get to you. Kmedechee is a 1st round talent. He's only playing DT due to the lack of size there yet he's effective. If he were outside he'd easily be all SEC.

TXtoMS
04-28-2015, 10:04 PM

Quick comparison:

Nkemdiche is much better than Jones in 2 ways. He plays inside so his numbers aren't flashy, but he never takes less than a double team and still usually collapses the pocket, which is why Fadol Brown/ Marquis Haynes are able to abuse teams off the edge, and additionally helps Isaac Gross one up on a Center. Second, Jones is just too big, he will have to get his weight down to be as productive as his talent allows. 10 years ago, a DL his size would be ideal, but in today's game of quick paced hurry up spread offenses, he isn't in the physical shape to stay on the field and produce for entire drives. Both are talented and will be drafted in early rounds, but you're comparing a defensive end to a true defensive tackle, and yes, RK is expected to go top 5 in next year's draft.

Wilson is good, but Treadwell is in a different league. I don't know why that is even a point of debate on this board. Treadwell is better than anyone in the SEC by quite a gap. Not to take away from Wilson, but State had an extremely effective run game and one of the best Quarterbacks in the country last year that forced Safeties to stack the box or at the very least keep eyes in, OM had virtually zero run game, which allowed Safeties to help with Treadwell, and he still usually beat them. So comparing reception yards isn't an accurate gauge.

Tunsil, he's given up 2 sacks in 2 years, and one of them was because of a missed assignment on Justin Bell's part. Myles Garrett is the only one who's legitimately beaten Tunsil on a play. He is the best offensive linemen in College Football. The real question for OM is the rest of their line.

Tony Conner will be the best safety in the SEC, he's the backbone of that secondary. He's also projected as a first rounder. Not much else to analyze about him.

There's a ton of questions surrounding this OM team. Will the QB's be competent? Will DT Shackelford be replaceable? Will those younger talented guys in the secondary be able to replicate the leadership of Golson/Prewitt? Will the Offensive line stay healthy, or be deeper than they were last year. But the analysis you just gave those 4 guys is absolutely delusional. Most everybody outside of this board is in agreement that those 4 guys are first rounders baring injury, and many include Evan Engram and Tee Shepard as players to also watch to see if they enter their names into that conversation. The top end talent OM has is better than the talent either OM or MSU has ever had, if you're hellbent on convincing yourself they won't be good, it would be better to ask questions about the players around them.

For those wondering about my Tee Shepard comment, it was reported last year that before his injury, he was ahead of Golson on the depth chart. He is a special talent, and I don't believe Tony Bridges will be that far behind. The questions about this Ole Miss team are pretty easy to find, and you don't need to offer up a delusional analysis to do it. Offensive Line, Linebackers, Leadership, and QB play are sufficient areas to focus on. Might they be better than last year? Yes, definitely. Might they be worse? Yes definitely as well. All of this is speculation until we see in the fall. What is not speculation is the talent of those top end guys OM has.

In the end if you're asking me who wins the division, I would pick Auburn to win the West, and Georgia to win the SEC, just from what i'v seen of the way too early analysis' and Spring games.

BeardoMSU
04-28-2015, 10:09 PM
Nkemdiche is much better than Jones in 2 ways. He plays inside so his numbers are"5 flashy, but he never takes less than a double team, which is why Fadol Brown/ Marquis Haynes are able to abuse teams off the edge, and additionally helps Isaac Gross one up on a Center. Second, Jones is just too big, he will have to get his weight don to be as productive as his talent allows. 10 years ago, a DL his size would be ok, but in today's quick paced hurry up spread offenses, he isn't in the physical shape to stay on the field and produce. Both are talented and will be drafted in early rounds, but you're comparing a defensive end to a true defensive tackle, and yes,RK is expected to go top 5 in next year's draft.

Wilson is good, but Treadwell is in a different league. I don't know why that is even a point of debate on this board. Treadwell is better than anyone in the SEC by quite a gap.

Tunsil, he's given up 2 sacks in 2 years, and one of them was because of a missed assignment on Justin Bell's part. Myles Garrett is the only one who's legitimately beaten Tunsil on a play.yes, Antonio Conner will be the best safety in the SEC, he's the best OLinemen in CF.

There's a ton of questions surrounding this OM team. Will the QB's be competent? Will DT Shackelford be replaceable? Will those younger talented guys in the secondary be able to replicate the leadership of Golson/Prewitt. Will the offensive line stay healthy, or be deeper than they were last year. But the analysis you just gave those 4 guys is absolutely delusional. Most everybody outside of this board is in agreement that those 4 guys are first rounders baring injury, and many include Evan Engram and Tee Shepard as players to also watch to see if they enter their names into that conversation. The top end talent OM has is better than either OM or MSU has ever had, if you're hellbent on convincing yourself they won't be good, it would be better to ask questions about the players around them.

Say it ain't so**********

http://img.pandawhale.com/65407-great-scott-gif-eKkS.gif
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-37372-well-thats-just-GREAT-gif-Paul-t1mB.gif

BeardoMSU
04-28-2015, 10:12 PM
Nkemdiche is much better than Jones in 2 ways. He plays inside so his numbers are"5 flashy, but he never takes less than a double team, which is why Fadol Brown/ Marquis Haynes are able to abuse teams off the edge, and additionally helps Isaac Gross one up on a Center. Second, Jones is just too big, he will have to get his weight don to be as productive as his talent allows. 10 years ago, a DL his size would be ok, but in today's quick paced hurry up spread offenses, he isn't in the physical shape to stay on the field and produce. Both are talented and will be drafted in early rounds, but you're comparing a defensive end to a true defensive tackle, and yes,RK is expected to go top 5 in next year's draft.

Wilson is good, but Treadwell is in a different league. I don't know why that is even a point of debate on this board. Treadwell is better than anyone in the SEC by quite a gap.

Tunsil, he's given up 2 sacks in 2 years, and one of them was because of a missed assignment on Justin Bell's part. Myles Garrett is the only one who's legitimately beaten Tunsil on a play.yes, Antonio Conner will be the best safety in the SEC, he's the best OLinemen in CF.

There's a ton of questions surrounding this OM team. Will the QB's be competent? Will DT Shackelford be replaceable? Will those younger talented guys in the secondary be able to replicate the leadership of Golson/Prewitt. Will the offensive line stay healthy, or be deeper than they were last year. But the analysis you just gave those 4 guys is absolutely delusional. Most everybody outside of this board is in agreement that those 4 guys are first rounders baring injury, and many include Evan Engram and Tee Shepard as players to also watch to see if they enter their names into that conversation. The top end talent OM has is better than either OM or MSU has ever had, if you're hellbent on convincing yourself they won't be good, it would be better to ask questions about the players around them.

You're gonna make lots of friends, Tx.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8509zDcLj1rupgj7o4_500.gif

TUSK
04-28-2015, 11:19 PM
Nkemdiche is much better than Jones in 2 ways. He plays inside so his numbers aren't flashy, but he never takes less than a double team and still usually collapses the pocket, which is why Fadol Brown/ Marquis Haynes are able to abuse teams off the edge, and additionally helps Isaac Gross one up on a Center. Second, Jones is just too big, he will have to get his weight down to be as productive as his talent allows. 10 years ago, a DL his size would be ideal, but in today's game of quick paced hurry up spread offenses, he isn't in the physical shape to stay on the field and produce for entire drives. Both are talented and will be drafted in early rounds, but you're comparing a defensive end to a true defensive tackle, and yes, RK is expected to go top 5 in next year's draft.

Wilson is good, but Treadwell is in a different league. I don't know why that is even a point of debate on this board. Treadwell is better than anyone in the SEC by quite a gap. Not to take away from Wilson, but State had an extremely effective run game and one of the best Quarterbacks in the country last year that forced Safeties to stack the box or at the very least keep eyes in, OM had virtually zero run game, which allowed Safeties to help with Treadwell, and he still usually beat them. So comparing reception yards isn't an accurate gauge.

Tunsil, he's given up 2 sacks in 2 years, and one of them was because of a missed assignment on Justin Bell's part. Myles Garrett is the only one who's legitimately beaten Tunsil on a play. He is the best offensive linemen in College Football. The real question for OM is the rest of their line.

Tony Conner will be the best safety in the SEC, he's the backbone of that secondary. He's also projected as a first rounder. Not much else to analyze about him.

There's a ton of questions surrounding this OM team. Will the QB's be competent? Will DT Shackelford be replaceable? Will those younger talented guys in the secondary be able to replicate the leadership of Golson/Prewitt? Will the Offensive line stay healthy, or be deeper than they were last year. But the analysis you just gave those 4 guys is absolutely delusional. Most everybody outside of this board is in agreement that those 4 guys are first rounders baring injury, and many include Evan Engram and Tee Shepard as players to also watch to see if they enter their names into that conversation. The top end talent OM has is better than the talent either OM or MSU has ever had, if you're hellbent on convincing yourself they won't be good, it would be better to ask questions about the players around them.

For those wondering about my Tee Shepard comment, it was reported last year that before his injury, he was ahead of Golson on the depth chart. He is a special talent, and I don't believe Tony Bridges will be that far behind. The questions about this Ole Miss team are pretty easy to find, and you don't need to offer up a delusional analysis to do it. Offensive Line, Linebackers, Leadership, and QB play are sufficient areas to focus on. Might they be better than last year? Yes, definitely. Might they be worse? Yes definitely as well. All of this is speculation until we see in the fall. What is not speculation is the talent of those top end guys OM has.

In the end if you're asking me who wins the division, I would pick Auburn to win the West, and Georgia to win the SEC, just from what i'v seen of the way too early analysis' and Spring games.

wow... solid work...

I look forward to your 5th post, if you get one...

Really Clark?
04-28-2015, 11:46 PM

This board is delusional but you think Treadwell was the best receiver in the league by quite a gap. Better than Cooper? Williams? Coats? You are out of your mind with bias if you think he was the best by quite a gap.

TXtoMS
04-29-2015, 01:05 AM
This board is delusional but you think Treadwell was the best receiver in the league by quite a gap. Better than Cooper? Williams? Coats? You are out of your mind with bias if you think he was the best by quite a gap.

This year, Cooper was better, but both him and Coates are gone. I meant for this up and coming year, not this past year. Yes I think Treadwell is better than Duke, by quite a bit. I also think Wilson is better than Duke by a large margin.

Coach34
04-29-2015, 01:28 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/132396/robert-nkemdiche

"Scout Inc.'s Steve Muench and Kevin Weidl note that Ole Miss sophomore DL Robert Nkemdiche "hasn't lived up to the lofty expectations attached to him coming out of high school." Listed at 6-4 and 280 pounds, he can get pushed around working against much bigger interior offensive linemen

Any DT thats worth a shit gets double teamed. Chris Jones gets double teamed all the time too. We'll see a year from now- I just dont see Kimchee being a top 15 pick

Todd4State
04-29-2015, 01:37 AM
I think RK's character issues are going to hurt him in the draft. That would be my concern if I was a NFL GM.

Bothrops
04-29-2015, 01:43 AM
Nkemdiche is a great talent but hasn't dominated the big white maulers. That's what he'll see at the next level, except they'll be more disciplined, and better. Jones is a better NFL guy due to his greater length. Now if Jones had the temperament of Nkemdiche, he would be more productive and clearly the better of the two.

Bothrops
04-29-2015, 01:46 AM
Huh? You definitely see things a whole lot differently than pretty much everybody that has put out a 2016 Mock Draft then.

WalterFootball.com has 3 going in the top 5 overall -- Link (http://walterfootball.com/draft2016.php)
TheSportsBank.net has 3 going in the first round (2 in the top 10) -- Link (http://www.thesportsbank.net/nfl/2016-nfl-mock-draft-4-16-15/)
EatDrinkandSleepFootball.com has 3 going in the first round (2 in the top 5 and all 3 in the top 10) -- Link (http://eatdrinkandsleepfootball.com/draft/nfl/mockdraft/kevin-hanson/2016/index.html)

Here is a link to a database of 9 mock drafts for 2016.....every single one of them has at least one OM player being drafted in the top 5, and a couple of them have multiple OM players being drafted in the top 5. -- Link (http://fueledbysports.com/2016-nfl-mock-draft-database/)

I know that mock drafts this far out are a pretty big crap shoot, but it's pretty absurd to try to make a case for them only having 1 first rounder next year (much less no first rounders).

I forgot about Connor, so I'll go with 2 first rounders. Tunsil and Conner

Coach34
04-29-2015, 02:09 AM
Treadwell is an almost certain 1st rounder unless he has problems recovering from his leg. They will likely have 3- and we should have 2, maybe a 3rd

Really Clark?
04-29-2015, 06:07 AM
This year, Cooper was better, but both him and Coates are gone. I meant for this up and coming year, not this past year. Yes I think Treadwell is better than Duke, by quite a bit. I also think Wilson is better than Duke by a large margin.

For this up coming season, until we know how well he has healed it is a big question mark. He and Pharoh Cooper (a candidate for the best in the league as well) both also have a QB change issue that may effect their numbers. I think you are premature with your prediction and would be surprised if he runs away with being the league best like Amari did. Cooper, Dural, Robinson, Reynolds, Williams are all right there and as good of a chance as he does to be the top guy.

justwin
04-29-2015, 11:52 AM

In 2 years, Nkemdiche, the undisputed #1 recruit in the country, has 4 sacks despite playing 80%+ (10 starts as fr & 10+ starts as a soph) of the snaps. Those came against Vandy, Tenn (pre Dobbs), MSU, and Troy. In the same 2 years, Jones has 6 with those coming against Bama, LSU, ark, etc where he's only started 6 games and come off the bench mostly. So, the question is how can the undisputed #1 recruit be outperformed by a guy who was much more raw and overlooked in "recruiting" circles? It can't be based on being in shape b/c Nkemdiche is in elite shape, ripped abs, etc since day 1. Same can't be said for Chris as he ballooned up his soph year. In short, Nkem has capped on his potential. He can't be an SEC OL one vs one and the OM defense is designed on misdirection to allow him to hit creases, etc. Then, you have the bong issue, stealing $ on the recruiting trip, the sucker punch beatdown lawsuit, etc hanging over and questioning Nkem's character. Jones can play anywhere on the DL, but needs more reps and get into shape. Nkem is much more limited and relegated to a DT unlike Jones. Again, Jones > Nkem.

In 2 years, Wilson has 73 catches for 12 tds & 1K yds. Paidwell has 120 / 10 / 1200. So, Wilson has 50 less catches, but more production? Remember, this is comparing the #1 rated HS WR vs a guy who played one year of HS ball. Wilson is 6'5" 215 and paidwell is 6'3" 225. Paidwell lacks elite speed and is really good for two things...a 10 yard out route to the sidelines or a 5 yard slot stick route. Like the previous example, Paidwell has played double the snaps of Wilson & saves his best games vs nonconference. An NFL GM is going to compare Wilson who is still improving vs a guy whose capped out lacking elite speed. And no, Paidwell was outside the top 6 SEC WRs in 2014 and most likely again in 2015 based on stats alone.

As for Big Softie, an NFL GM is going to wonder why the "best" OL in college football has such a horrendous rushing attack? How does that correlate? He doesn't have to hold blocks more than 2 seconds b/c of basketball on grass...that's a big part of the sack stats you claim.

Conner's legit. Best in the SEC, not so sure.

If you think the 3 above is top end talent, I've just showed you again why it isn't better this year or any previous year. As for surrounding talent, no comparison that MSU is much better due to double the MSU guys getting NFL shots all based on Mullen being a better recruiter than OM. I haven't even factored in the attrition rates from the schools.

The Tee Shephard comment is the same thing we hear every year out of OM camp. It's always the guy whose never played b/c of some transfer eligibility, injury, etc. Said the same chit about Korvic Neat. We'll see what he does on the field.

Political Hack
04-29-2015, 01:31 PM

there's so much wrong I don't know where to start. Jones is a DT. Not an overweight DE. And his numbers are still better than Kimchee's despite not getting nearly as many reps last season. The undisputed top ranked player in the nation coming out of high school has sacked the QB less than five times in 26 games. If he's top 5, it will be for a soon-to-be-fired GM.

Tony Conner is a 5'11" 215 OLB. He can't cover NFL WRs one on one. He's an in-the-box guy and much less threatening than a guy like Landon Collins, who will also fall in the draft for the same reason stated above... he can't cover one-on-one. Conner will be lucky to hit the 2nd round and I doubt his speed will get him in there. He'll be good in an underneath zone and a liability everywhere else. Those guys don't get drafted high and have to make teams based on their special teams play... which is exactly what he'll have to do to stay in the NFL.