PDA

View Full Version : 2016 CB commit C.J. Morgan-Walker...

DistrictDawg92
04-27-2015, 01:55 PM
was just offered by Oklahoma. So he now has offers from us, Arizona State, Baylor, Cal, Houston, Indiana, LA Tech, ULL, Nebraska, OU, San Diego State, USM, Texas A&M, Tulane and UCLA. I really hope we can hold on to this guy. Scout has him ranked as the 7th best cornerback in Louisiana alone, but I find that hard to believe.

Concerning the OU offer, It seems as if we are now battling against OU for every other recruit. Does anyone know the reason for OU's recent surge into the deep south?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-27-2015, 02:00 PM
Morgan-Walker is a very good player probably underated on recruiting sites. The OU offer is a good offer to add to his list but he's very solid with his commitment. He & TD Moton are very close & he helped recruit TD to MSU before he was even committed. He's also an Early Enrollee so he will be on campus in January.
Concerning Oklahoma with A&M moving to the SEC & becoming a more attractive destination the state of Texas has gotten really crowded. OU used to be the clear 2nd choice in Texas after UT. Now with A&M, Baylor, & TCU all becoming national names it has made it harder for OU to cherry pick the top Texas talent. So they've had to expand their normal recruiting base.

DistrictDawg92
04-27-2015, 02:22 PM
Morgan-Walker is a very good player probably underated on recruiting sites. The OU offer is a good offer to add to his list but he's very solid with his commitment. He & TD Moton are very close & he helped recruit TD to MSU before he was even committed. He's also an Early Enrollee so he will be on campus in January.
Concerning Oklahoma with A&M moving to the SEC & becoming a more attractive destination the state of Texas has gotten really crowded. OU used to be the clear 2nd choice in Texas after UT. Now with A&M, Baylor, & TCU all becoming national names it has made it harder for OU to cherry pick the top Texas talent. So they've had to expand their normal recruiting base.

Will Morgan-Walker for sure play CB? While watching his film it seemed to me that he would be great in the nickel role, or even free safety. I don't know if he quite has the straight line speed to play cornerback but i could be wrong. I see him as a Pegues clone if he can gain a little more weight.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-27-2015, 02:36 PM
Will Morgan-Walker for sure play CB? While watching his film it seemed to me that he would be great in the nickel role, or even free safety. I don't know if he quite has the straight line speed to play cornerback but i could be wrong. I see him as a Pegues clone if he can gain a little more weight.

I think he has the speed no doubt to play CB. He has the versatility to play outside or nickel.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-27-2015, 03:11 PM

Do you see OU becomming a thorn in our side for the foreseeable future?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-27-2015, 03:21 PM

Nope. They've gotten 1 kid we've wanted the last few years. Gabe Campbell & he even said that they were his dream school growing up so it's not like they exactly came out of nowhere for him.

DistrictDawg92
04-27-2015, 03:23 PM

They already have been. Last year the stole Jamal Danley and Gabriel Campbell from us. Both were arguably top 10 on our target list and considered by many MSU locks. However, i think that was a fluke year. OU should be no more of a thorn in our side than Bama/LSU/AU/etc. Most Mississippi recruits like to stay at home close to momma, especially recently.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-27-2015, 03:26 PM
They already have been. Last year the stole Jamal Danley and Gabriel Campbell from us. Both were arguably top 10 on our target list and considered by many MSU locks. However, i think that was a fluke year. OU should be no more of a thorn in our side than Bama/LSU/AU/etc. Most Mississippi recruits like to stay at home close to momma, especially recently.

If we wanted Danley we would've gotten him. We bypassed Danley because we wanted & got Rankin. They didn't steal him.