PDA

View Full Version : I love this time of year!!!!! SEC power rankings

BulldogBear
04-27-2015, 12:07 PM
Typical of the source;

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2441821-sec-football-power-ranking-each-team-post-2015-spring-practice#articles/2441821-sec-football-power-ranking-each-team-post-2015-spring-practice/page/13

Bwahahahahahahahah!

Dawg496
04-27-2015, 12:12 PM
For those who don't want to flip through the stupid BleacherReport carousel:

1 Bama
2 Auburn
3 Ole Miss
4 Tennessee
5 Georgia
6 A&M
7 Arkansas
8 Mizzou
9 LSU
10 HailState
11 South Carolina
12 Florida
13 Kentucky
14 Vandy

P.S. Just don't click on the link, don't give this kind of hack journalism more views and revenue. If you hadn't guessed by now, Barrett Sallee is the author.

smootness
04-27-2015, 12:14 PM
He loves Ole Miss this year and doesn't believe in us. It's one random dude with an opinion. Don't worry about it.

I also have an opinion, that State will win it all and Ole Miss will go winless. There, does that balance it out?

SignalToNoise
04-27-2015, 12:20 PM
Isn't Sallee the same clown that said UCLA and MSU didn't belong in the 2013 CWS? And also has predicted for Mullen to be fired? And didn't he claim Chizik was an elite SEC coach or something along those lines? Good lord.

Coach34
04-27-2015, 12:36 PM
C34's 2015 SEC power rankings heading into Summer:

1. Auburn
2. State
3. Bama
4. LSU
5. Georgia
6. Ole Missus
7. Tennessee
8. UPig
9. A&M
10. Florida
11. Missouri
12. SC
13. Kentucky
14. Vandy

BeardoMSU
04-27-2015, 12:39 PM
Isn't Sallee the same clown that said UCLA and MSU didn't belong in the 2013 CWS? And also has predicted for Mullen to be fired? And didn't he claim Chizik was an elite SEC coach or something along those lines? Good lord.

Yup and he's the same clown who broke the Malik to State news before Clarion Ledger did, and got pissed afterwards essentially saying Malik was "dishonest" with him. He's a tool.

Coach34
04-27-2015, 12:40 PM
Yup and he's the same clown who broke the Malik to State news before Clarion Ledger did, and got pissed afterwards essentially saying Malik was "dishonest" with him. He's a tool.

Parish was the jackass that broke the Newman news- not Sallee

RiverCityDawg
04-27-2015, 12:42 PM

Parrish and sallee are both tools.

Political Hack
04-27-2015, 12:46 PM
Fixed it for y'all.

1. LSU
2. Auburn
3. State
4. Bama
5. Georgia
6. Florida
7. Ark
8. Tenn
9. Hobby Lobby
10. A&M
11. Missouri
12. SC
13. Kentucky
14. Vandy

BeardoMSU
04-27-2015, 12:47 PM
Parish was the jackass that broke the Newman news- not Sallee

Ah, my bad.

Still a clown, tho.

BeardoMSU
04-27-2015, 12:51 PM
Sallee's journalistic skills in formulating these power-indexes reminds me a lot of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9lg6HqJeY0

maroonmania
04-27-2015, 01:03 PM
For those who don't want to flip through the stupid BleacherReport carousel:

1 Bama
2 Auburn
3 Ole Miss
4 Tennessee
5 Georgia
6 A&M
7 Arkansas
8 Mizzou
9 LSU
10 HailState
11 South Carolina
12 Florida
13 Kentucky
14 Vandy

P.S. Just don't click on the link, don't give this kind of hack journalism more views and revenue. If you hadn't guessed by now, Barrett Sallee is the author.

ANY analyst that puts OM 7 spots ahead of MSU in the SEC ratings when MSU has a proven All-American quality starting QB and OM has ?? at starting QB is just a moron.

klong-dog
04-27-2015, 01:06 PM
The only answer to this, is... obviously they got us confused again.

confucius say
04-27-2015, 01:07 PM
His fixation with ole miss can be summed up with his line that (paraphrasing) bro Wallace was more of a liability than asset last three years and bears will have no drop off at qb. Maybe so, but that's def not the majority opinion. Bo made plays for them that mgk/switchblade/Ryan won't make.

smootness
04-27-2015, 01:13 PM
His fixation with ole miss can be summed up with his line that (paraphrasing) bro Wallace was more of a liability than asset last three years and bears will have no drop off at qb. Maybe so, but that's def not the majority opinion. Bo made plays for them that mgk/switchblade/Ryan won't make.

It's also not what was evident in the spring game.

I don't care what kind of OL you have...with their WRs, you should be able to find one guy who can complete 50% with more TDs than INTs.

BulldogBear
04-27-2015, 01:23 PM
It's also not what was evident in the spring game.
I don't care what kind of OL you have...with their WRs, you should be able to find one guy who can complete 50% with more TDs than INTs.
That's why I found it hilarious, if typical of the source. While labeled as such, this article has nothing to do with what BS (perfect initials huh!!!???) saw this spring. This is/was his power ranking for next season all along and it will not change! Ole Miss to the top!*** Wait, wrong school...

ShotgunDawg
04-27-2015, 01:37 PM
I am not sure that MSU has ever entered a season where there was greater volatility in where fans, media, etc.. believe they will finish in the standing or how good they are.

That volatility seems to be centered around whether the source is educated or not about our team.

cheewgumm
04-27-2015, 02:01 PM
The only thing that gives me pause is that everyone thought we were going to be great in baseball this year too... And we stink.

SDDawg
04-27-2015, 02:03 PM
Put State's ranking aside for a minute: I think we're unquestionably in the top 1/3, no lower than 5th.

How could anyone put OM at #3, Tennessee at #4 and A&M at #6. Every one of those is highly questionable imo, especially OM and A&M. I don't think there's any chance at all that either of those teams finish in the top half of the conference or in their respective divisions.

SDDawg
04-27-2015, 02:04 PM
The only thing that gives me pause is that everyone thought we were going to be great in baseball this year too... And we stink.

Dak don't play baseball. **

smootness
04-27-2015, 02:06 PM

Different. First, we were better in football last year than baseball. Second, we actually lost more in baseball. People just assumed our increased talent level would outweigh the loss in experience, and it hasn't.

As I have said before, we have Dak Prescott. That means everything in college football. Anyone predicting us to be worse than 6th or 7th in the conference is a stone-cold moron.

bluelightstar
04-27-2015, 02:10 PM

I thought we were unranked or just barely ranked heading into baseball season. People were really pissed at Kendall Rogers about it.

ShotgunDawg
04-27-2015, 02:10 PM

No one that had any real clue about what they were looking at thought we would be good at baseball this year. People who thought we would be good this year in baseball only thought that because we went to the NC two years ago, and we are traditionally good and delusional at that. Similar to how Florida fans think they will be good this year in football, when, in reality they simply won't.

Here is what we know about our football team:

1. We have the best, most experienced QB in the SEC
2. He has ALL of his play making WRs back from last season
3. Our offensive line will be starting more recruiting stars this year than last.
4. Our RBs are bigger & have more recruiting stars than last year's
5. We are good at LB & will have far more recruiting stars there this year than last.
6. Our secondary was poor last year, and this year we will have more talented players with more recruiting stars.
7. We have a potential 1st round draft pick at CB and our other CB is extremely experienced and a solid SEC player.
8. We lost some talent on the defensive line

Does it sound delusional that we would be excited about this team?

cheewgumm
04-27-2015, 02:18 PM
I never said it was delusional . In fact I think we'll be good too. I'm just saying you never know for sure.... See baseball right now.

SDDawg
04-27-2015, 02:18 PM
Does it sound delusional that we would be excited about this team?

Agreed (the answer is clearly No), the only thing I would change about your post is the reference to recruiting stars. While true I think the bigger thing at play is overall depth and development in Dan's system and the significant depth at key positions that we've never had anything like in the past (not even last year). Personally, I think DL and OL will both be better units this year than last. We shall see.

DistrictDawg92
04-27-2015, 02:29 PM
Put State's ranking aside for a minute: I think we're unquestionably in the top 1/3, no lower than 5th.

How could anyone put OM at #3, Tennessee at #4 and A&M at #6. Every one of those is highly questionable imo, especially OM and A&M. I don't think there's any chance at all that either of those teams finish in the top half of the conference or in their respective divisions.

I think Tennessee has the chance to finish in the top 5 of the SEC if a few things fall their way, but I do agree that OM and A&M are entirely too high. I'd put OM around 7-8 and I don't even know if I would put A&M in the top 10 of the SEC. OM's entire season hinges on the QB position and A&M showed me absolutely nothing next year to lead me to believe that they will finish anywhere near the top half of the SEC next year.

confucius say
04-27-2015, 02:29 PM
We are also adding gray and dear as offensive weapons. We will be better at corner. Better at safety. As good at lb. better at wr. We always have good rb. The only question marks are up front, and granted, those are important. I don't think we will see much drop off there either.

Biggest change is schedule, going to auburn and ark (winnable) and Lsu and bama (traditionally not winnable) at home. Since mullen arrived, odd number years are worse for us bc of schedule.

tcdog70
04-27-2015, 02:36 PM
we are always better when the Media Clowns pick us low.. We will play better with a chip on our shoulder and Dak as our QB

BulldogBear
04-27-2015, 03:41 PM
we are always better when the Media Clowns pick us low.. We will play better with a chip on our shoulder and Dak as our QB

^THIS

Amazing that after last year we will still fly under the radar for the month of September. Seriously, who expects LSU to be predicted to lose? In fact the line will be 4.5 - 7.0 in their favor when realistically I would think we out to be favored by 2.0 - 3.5.

But why is it this way? Because they are LSU and we are MSU. It's the same crap every year but I think it helps us!!!

cheewgumm
04-27-2015, 04:06 PM
I do think you can win some $ on this year, early especially. We will be underdogs when we should be favored some.

In that sense, rejoice in the talk of us sucking.

I did have $150 at 250-1 for us to win it all last year, and thought it was going to come through for a while there.