PDA

View Full Version : Here comes the eighth.

dawgoneyall
04-26-2015, 03:36 PM
Duck........

basedog
04-26-2015, 04:48 PM
Good = Nice win, we needed this! Houston was very good, hope he gains confidence as he can be a good closer one day.

Bad = Scoring 2 runs on Sunday is just bad, same for Arkansas, it happens I know.

Ugly = I don't know pitching I suppose, but in the 8th Fitz was doing ok and working quickly, then with one out he gives up a hit. All of a sudden he concentrates on the base runner, took 5 minutes or more it seems to finally give up a walk, 2 on and 1 out. I just don't get it, why does he spend so much time on the runner at 1st, if he steals so what it's a risky move but the most important thing to me is the batter at the plate. Would some of you experts explain this to me, I have seen this way to many times over the years and I just don't get it, we are up 2-1, go get the batter!
Also in the 9th, 2 outs and Robson(?) on second with Rea at bat and Robson tries to steal 3rd, why?

the59dawg
04-26-2015, 06:27 PM
cause he knows Rea not likely to bring him in. Tries to get on 3rd and score on passed ball.

Intramural All-American
04-26-2015, 06:46 PM
Good = Nice win, we needed this! Houston was very good, hope he gains confidence as he can be a good closer one day.

Bad = Scoring 2 runs on Sunday is just bad, same for Arkansas, it happens I know.

Ugly = I don't know pitching I suppose, but in the 8th Fitz was doing ok and working quickly, then with one out he gives up a hit. All of a sudden he concentrates on the base runner, took 5 minutes or more it seems to finally give up a walk, 2 on and 1 out. I just don't get it, why does he spend so much time on the runner at 1st, if he steals so what it's a risky move but the most important thing to me is the batter at the plate. Would some of you experts explain this to me, I have seen this way to many times over the years and I just don't get it, we are up 2-1, go get the batter!
Also in the 9th, 2 outs and Robson(?) on second with Rea at bat and Robson tries to steal 3rd, why?

Arkansas throws their best pitcher on Sunday. Scoring one yesterday was much worse than scoring 2 today.