PDA

View Full Version : NBA Refs are on the take to this day. Tune in to Pelicans Warriors game..

RougeDawg
04-25-2015, 08:36 PM
Steph Currey has routinely taken 6-8 steps without a dribble this game with no traveling calls. He takes 3-4 chop steps like a RB and then decides to drive to goal, without dribbling. And then leans into a defender, drawing a call. This is pathetic. Even the no name Gs players are getting calls and not getting touched. One there wasn't a Pel in the screen and they got an "and1". Pathetic

JohnnyQuid
04-25-2015, 08:38 PM
Saw a 9 step travel that wasn't called on Kendrick Perkins recently. There's a vine of it, pretty bad

shoeless joe
04-25-2015, 09:00 PM
Only watched about 3 minutes just now and saw a ridiculously terrible block call against the warriors...may have even been on curry. So I would not think they are on the take but instead they're simply terrible a their job.

FlabLoser
04-25-2015, 09:25 PM
The refs are the primary reason I never watch NBA basketball. Not even post season

cheewgumm
04-25-2015, 09:32 PM
oh brother

BeastMan
04-25-2015, 09:40 PM
NBA officiating is a billion times better than college. If you're complaining about traveling.... Get over it. They don't call it and they are extremely consistent in not calling it. I'll trade you NBA officiating, particularly playoff style officiating, for the abomination I saw the entire NCAA season especially the tourney. It was beyond pathetic

DudyDawg
04-25-2015, 09:56 PM
Traveling doesn't exist. It's the NBA.

War Machine Dawg
04-25-2015, 09:59 PM
NBA officiating is a billion times better than college. If you're complaining about traveling.... Get over it. They don't call it and they are extremely consistent in not calling it. I'll trade you NBA officiating, particularly playoff style officiating, for the abomination I saw the entire NCAA season especially the tourney. It was beyond pathetic

Traveling doesn't exist. It's the NBA.

This. No one in the NBA gets called for traveling. Officials being on the take is a much different criteria than not calling traveling.

BeastMan
04-25-2015, 10:14 PM
Bingo WMD. I'd prefer they tighten down on that particular call but as long as they are consistent, I'm fine. SEC officiating was so awful this year it made watching even the premier games painful.

Rayburn8
04-25-2015, 10:24 PM

Bingo WMD. I'd prefer they tighten down on that particular call but as long as they are consistent, I'm fine. SEC officiating was so awful this year it made watching even the premier games painful.

After watching the SEC tournament one year. Stan Van Gundy claimed he would never complain about NBA officials again. That is how bad SEC refs are.

BeastMan
04-25-2015, 11:01 PM
After watching the SEC tournament one year. Stan Van Gundy claimed he would never complain about NBA officials again. That is how bad SEC refs are.

This^^

JohnnyQuid
04-25-2015, 11:03 PM
They should just change the rule in the nba to 5 steps. Why have a rule if don pretend to enforce it

RougeDawg
04-25-2015, 11:54 PM

I'm simple complaining about traveling when they call Joe Schmoe for dragging his pivit foot a half an inch, yet let Septh curry take 6-8 steps, and he himself initiate comtacr, yet get a foul call.It doesn't make sense to logic unless the Refs or NBA Are on the take.

Why would I expect why civilized educated responses on here? The first ignorant responses are such as this one. Guess I cannot expect rations thought on here. Just people talking about that which they haven't a clue.

Someone please go watch tonight's relay before providing another ignorant response. Trying to save some trouble.

Dawg61
04-26-2015, 12:17 AM
I'm a MLB baseball fan. That's my annual dilemma with NBA basketball. The season takes too long so I'm neck deep in following baseball and basketball just gets squeezed out for me. After the NCAA tournament is done I am ready for MLB. The NBA goes on for 2 more months after MLB has started. Can't watch them both.

gravedigger
04-26-2015, 08:04 AM
Steph Currey has routinely taken 6-8 steps without a dribble this game with no traveling calls. He takes 3-4 chop steps like a RB and then decides to drive to goal, without dribbling. And then leans into a defender, drawing a call. This is pathetic. Even the no name Gs players are getting calls and not getting touched. One there wasn't a Pel in the screen and they got an "and1". Pathetic

Its apparantly what fans want because they relly miss the point of why the game is great. If you are lax in the way you call traveling, you get more scoring. it stinks. Want a good break from it? Watch womens ncaa basketball. Those refs arent perfect by any measurement, but traveling is called correctly.

Basketball is a wonderful sport. But like olympic wrestling, it has devolved into wrestlemania.

Rayburn8
04-26-2015, 08:18 AM
They should just change the rule in the nba to 5 steps. Why have a rule if don pretend to enforce it

The rule right now is three steps. You get a gather step to pick up the ball and then two more steps after that. There is a lot of controversy on how a gather step is defined.

Irondawg
04-26-2015, 08:20 AM
Go back sometime and watch some old lakers/celtics series from the 80s and compare it to today. Or go watch some jbtwrnational tournaments

BeastMan
04-26-2015, 09:36 AM
I'm simple complaining about traveling when they call Joe Schmoe for dragging his pivit foot a half an inch, yet let Septh curry take 6-8 steps, and he himself initiate comtacr, yet get a foul call.It doesn't make sense to logic unless the Refs or NBA Are on the take.

Why would I expect why civilized educated responses on here? The first ignorant responses are such as this one. Guess I cannot expect rations thought on here. Just people talking about that which they haven't a clue.

Someone please go watch tonight's relay before providing another ignorant response. Trying to save some trouble.

Haha. So I tell you to get over refs not calling traveling in the NBA and my response is ignorant and uncivilized? That's hilarious. Look, I was rooting for New Orleans also but they had no shot. They blew a shot to steal one on the road and then melted in game 3. The Warriors are the far superior team and didn't win because of any bad or inconsistent calls. They'll get my Grizz next and we'll see if their style an bother Curry. If it doesn't, I'm sure I find some calls to complain about. Again, the product the NBA is putting out (officiating, gameplay/rules, players, etc...) is the best brand of basketball in the world and it isn't close.

Rayburn8
04-26-2015, 10:33 AM
Go back sometime and watch some old lakers/celtics series from the 80s and compare it to today. Or go watch some jbtwrnational tournaments
Is this another one of those bullshit everything was better in the 80s post?

ETA: The NBA is in a golden era. The sport is and is becoming super popular. It is the fastest growing sport in the world. According to CNN in 2010, for kids 13-17 basketball was the most played sport in the world. Yes, even over soccer. Basketball is at an all time has already passed football in some urban areas.

FlabLoser
04-26-2015, 10:45 AM

I didn't watch any SEC basketball either. Same reason. The refs make it too frustrating.

If MSU is in the post season, I'll watch.

DudyDawg
04-26-2015, 10:51 AM
Rouge I'm going to go guess you're a pels fan?

Rayburn8
04-26-2015, 11:05 AM
IDK why pels fans are so mad. They were not going to win the finals this season. However, getting that playoff experience for a young team will make leaps and bounds difference next season. Especially is everyone stays healthy. With Jrue Holiday, Tyreke Evans, Omar Asik, and Ryan Anderson with Anthony Davis, they can be really good next year. But only IF everyone stays healthy. They have good bench depth as well. With Gordon, Fredeyte, and Pondexter, and then Mini 'Bron (Norris Cole). I love Cole he is a baller. I was pissed he was traded in the Dragic deal, would of rather traded Chalmers.

It_Could_Happen
04-26-2015, 11:19 AM
Don't look now... Memphis is up 3-0

RougeDawg
04-26-2015, 11:23 AM
Rouge I'm going to go guess you're a pels fan?

Yes. Just frustrating to watch Curry get away with "murder" during a game and the refs take the game out of the hands of the rest of the players on the court. Yes he is a great shooter, but anyone who's allowed to run around like a running back after the handoff without dribbling should be able to score more. He was regularly taking 3-4chop steps without dribbling until the defender moved one way or the other, and then proceeding to take a few more as he went into shooting motion. It was If they allow him 3 steps before he makes a move and then more once he decides to drive to the goal. He and most of their team are playing with an advantage. Plus he had his hands all over Gordon, Evans and Cole all night last night.

Golden State is the better team but it is difficult for a team like New Orleans To beat them on an even playing field. When the refs to make winning damn near impossible.

FlabLoser
04-26-2015, 11:42 AM
This sounds a lot like that first playoff run the Mavs made against the Heat. The refs were not going to let the Mavs win. D Wade would drive, stop, jump straight up, shoot, and a foul would be called with 2 feet of separation between him and the defender.

smootness
04-26-2015, 12:27 PM
The complaining over traveling is sometimes justified but always tiresome.

The biggest problems with officiating, at all levels of basketball, are 1) rewarding flopping, and 2) the way they call charges/blocks. They reward far too many offensive players who themselves initiate the contact.

This has resulted in offensive players jumping out of their way to try to draw fouls, and it has resulted in both offensive and defensive players falling and snapping their heads back when no contact occurs.

There are some players who are more focused on how to get a foul called than on how to score. That's absurd.

thf24
04-26-2015, 12:28 PM
Yes. Just frustrating to watch Curry get away with "murder" during a game and the refs take the game out of the hands of the rest of the players on the court. Yes he is a great shooter, but anyone who's allowed to run around like a running back after the handoff without dribbling should be able to score more. He was regularly taking 3-4chop steps without dribbling until the defender moved one way or the other, and then proceeding to take a few more as he went into shooting motion. It was If they allow him 3 steps before he makes a move and then more once he decides to drive to the goal. He and most of their team are playing with an advantage. Plus he had his hands all over Gordon, Evans and Cole all night last night.

Golden State is the better team but it is difficult for a team like New Orleans To beat them on an even playing field. When the refs to make winning damn near impossible.

It's not just Curry though, nor is it just superstars. No one in the modern NBA gets called for traveling on a drive to the basket as long as said drive started with at least a few dribbles and ends with a shot attempt or (most of the time) a pass. I know it's frustrating to watch when it's happening against your team (it was painful watching Manu Ginobli and Tony Parker eurostep all over my Grizz in the '12 playoffs), but it's not just a few guys that get away with it. There are "superstar calls" in other facets of the game, but not that one. NBA refs are pretty consistent with that call across all players and situations, so it's not that big of a deal.