PDA

View Full Version : UK almost relieved they didn't get Newman

starkvegasdawg
04-25-2015, 10:57 AM
At least that's how they're spinning it. I offer the following excerpt from an article on one of their sites...

But make no mistake about it, Newman likes to be THE man on the court. There were worries about whether or not he would buy into Cal's system of selfless play as Newman likes the ball in his hands as much as possible and he isn't shy about pulling the trigger whenever he feels. He will have ample opportunity to do so at Mississippi State where Howland doesn't have much returning. State was one of the worst teams in the SEC but Rick Ray was trying to bring them back to being competitive. The job is far from done in Starkville.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
04-25-2015, 11:58 AM
At least that's how they're spinning it. I offer the following excerpt from an article on one of their sites...

But make no mistake about it, Newman likes to be THE man on the court. There were worries about whether or not he would buy into Cal's system of selfless play as Newman likes the ball in his hands as much as possible and he isn't shy about pulling the trigger whenever he feels. He will have ample opportunity to do so at Mississippi State where Howland doesn't have much returning. State was one of the worst teams in the SEC but Rick Ray was trying to bring them back to being competitive. The job is far from done in Starkville.

It is good to be hated again.

Original48
04-25-2015, 12:10 PM
Kinda tough to spin things when Kentucky had a Malik Newman at every position last year plus four or five more on the bench and still couldn't get the job done. They have a lot to be bitter about right now.

thf24
04-25-2015, 04:14 PM
He averaged 4.2 assists this year as a 2 guard and far and away the best player on his team? Sure seems selfish to me.**

Dawg61
04-25-2015, 04:26 PM
Kentucky basketball fans (all they've got) rival Bama football fans for the worst in any sport.