PDA

View Full Version : Kellenberger's Article

3dawgnight15
04-25-2015, 09:50 AM
Sorry if Stalingrad but Kellenberger opens his article this morning with "In some ways what happened Friday should not be all that surprising, and not just because a handful of coaches who lost out on Malik Newman were willing to share the news of his commitment to Mississippi State before he was."

Did some coaches get their feelings hurt and leak out to Parrish and others? Seems juvenile if so...

ZedFedder
04-25-2015, 09:52 AM
Ole Miss.

Coach34
04-25-2015, 09:53 AM
It was definitely Ole Missus.

confucius say
04-25-2015, 10:37 AM
How about the last sentence of that article? He just can't help himself. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but comes across as we have a complex.

sbcmortgageman
04-26-2015, 07:02 AM
Kennedy leaked it to steal Newman's thunder. What a jerk.

Political Hack
04-26-2015, 07:29 AM
AK visited earlier this week. Malik did the appropriate thing and told him his plans. This is how he was repaid for his honesty.

starkvegasdawg
04-26-2015, 08:04 AM
Horatio should go have an international incident with AK over that.

Harrydawg
04-26-2015, 08:47 AM
UM was in full damage control mode.....their is no question that someone leaked it.

Who cares, it was still a great day and UM still can't handle getting beat

FlabLoser
04-26-2015, 09:14 AM
I love it when rebels burn bridges.

BossDawg
04-26-2015, 10:34 AM
Why, rather HOW do people associated with UMiss always get away with behavior like this? It seems like every year there's more than one incident that involves their leadership throwing professionalism out the window and acting like spoiled 6 year olds. Kind of like Freeze telling Brown that he feared for his soul if the went to State. Or Freeze almost trading blows with a fan after the TAMU game. Or even hiring PIs to investigate Sherrill. There's really no telling how long that list could be.

Their leadership acts just like their fans: spoiled douchebags that kick and scream when things don't go their way.

Howboutdemdogs
04-26-2015, 08:14 PM
Therefore BossDog, I am in agreement, and as in anything in life or business, if management, parents, school and community leaders, and/ or the one's in "charge" take the high road ( maturity and being leaders); then the masses will follow suit. But at TSUN, it will never happen. The immaturity of the AD and Coaches, coupled with their lack of standards and integrity, creates the same environment they've always had. They will never rise above, but only to try to lower the bar.

Billy Ray Valentine
04-26-2015, 08:38 PM
Cue: the Voice of Reason

Todd4State
04-26-2015, 08:51 PM
Why, rather HOW do people associated with UMiss always get away with behavior like this? It seems like every year there's more than one incident that involves their leadership throwing professionalism out the window and acting like spoiled 6 year olds. Kind of like Freeze telling Brown that he feared for his soul if the went to State. Or Freeze almost trading blows with a fan after the TAMU game. Or even hiring PIs to investigate Sherrill. There's really no telling how long that list could be.

Their leadership acts just like their fans: spoiled douchebags that kick and scream when things don't go their way.

Here's how I want it to be handled- Malik goes off and scores 30 on them in Oxford and we kick their ass on the court.

SDDawg
04-26-2015, 10:00 PM
At least they got Leo. **********

tireddawg
04-26-2015, 11:16 PM
It was definitely Ole Missus.

Do y'all know for sure it was ole miss?
Has it been made public?

BeardoMSU
04-26-2015, 11:32 PM
Has it been made public?

If you want to live to see 30 posts, you might want to change that tone, son.

messageboardsuperhero
04-26-2015, 11:43 PM
Has it been made public?

It doesn't take a mathematician to put two and two together on this one- Gary Parrish is known to be good friends with AK. I would bet a lot of money that either him or someone on his staff was at least one of the coaches cited as Parrish's sources.

CottonDog
04-27-2015, 08:24 AM
It doesn't take a mathematician to put two and two together on this one- Gary Parrish is known to be good friends with AK. I would bet a lot of money that either him or someone on his staff was at least one of the coaches cited as Parrish's sources.

I'm not saying it was or wasn't AK, but GP is also pretty good buddies with Howland. That's what confuses me with all of this stuff. You'd think GP would respect Howland and his prized recruit and keep it quiet. Really weird situation.

starkvegasdawg
04-27-2015, 08:27 AM
I'm not saying it was or wasn't AK, but GP is also pretty good buddies with Howland. That's what confuses me with all of this stuff. You'd think GP would respect Howland and his prized recruit and keep it quiet. Really weird situation.

Reporter's are not known to put much over being the first with a big story. If he was given that information by AK or someone on his staff he would have reported it as soon as his little fingers could type out the tweet.

cheat2win
04-27-2015, 08:29 AM
GP is friends/has a good working relationship with all the coaches involved in Malik's Recruitment. I guarantee you Bill Self is one of the sources mentioned. This wasn't some big Ole Miss conspiracy as much as some would like to believe.

messageboardsuperhero
04-27-2015, 08:42 AM
GP is friends/has a good working relationship with all the coaches involved in Malik's Recruitment. I guarantee you Bill Self is one of the sources mentioned. This wasn't some big Ole Miss conspiracy as much as some would like to believe.

What ****ing conspiracy are you talking about? All I said was I'd be surprised if AK or someone on the UM staff wasn't AT LEAST ONE of the sources cited by Parrish- meaning there were probably one or two others too.

AK loses out on a top recruit and tells Gary Parrish, Ben Garrett, and Neal McCready about it... I really don't see how that's some far-fetched conspiracy.

Coach34
04-27-2015, 09:12 AM
Has it been made public?

Newman had visits scheduled with State and Ole Missus. He called Kennedy and told him there was no need in coming- he was going to State. 30 minutes later Parish leaks where Newman is going. Rocket science deciphered.

tireddawg
04-27-2015, 09:24 AM
If you want to live to see 30 posts, you might want to change that tone, son

Huh? I ain't ya son

tireddawg
04-27-2015, 09:29 AM
Newman had visits scheduled with State and Ole Missus. He called Kennedy and told him there was no need in coming- he was going to State. 30 minutes later Parish leaks where Newman is going. Rocket science deciphered.

I get it. Some serious sour grapes. Any other coaches possibly running their mouths?

engie
04-27-2015, 09:48 AM
I get it. Some serious sour grapes. Any other coaches possibly running their mouths?

Sure. Once the story is out and all Parrish is doing is seeking confirmation, I'm sure they basically all gave him that much. It's a little different to confirm the story vs leak the story IMO...

cheat2win
04-27-2015, 06:19 PM
What ****ing conspiracy are you talking about? All I said was I'd be surprised if AK or someone on the UM staff wasn't AT LEAST ONE of the sources cited by Parrish- meaning there were probably one or two others too.

AK loses out on a top recruit and tells Gary Parrish, Ben Garrett, and Neal McCready about it... I really don't see how that's some far-fetched conspiracy.

Easy there killer, been a common theme across a lot of boards that this was leaked will bad intent in mind. Never said you thought that, just said I didn't think it was some big conspiracy that some believed. Parrish didn't write some story for AK's sake, he just wrote a well sourced and correct story.

yjnkdawg
04-27-2015, 06:44 PM
Has it been made public?

Have you ever heard of rebelgrove.com and Neal McCready?

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/589578209278078976/K87WzkLj_normal.jpg Neal McCready @NealMcCready (https://twitter.com/NealMcCready) ? Apr 22 (https://twitter.com/NealMcCready/status/590978971841376256)

Source close to Malik Newman's recruiting just told me Newman has already signed scholarship papers with Mississippi State.
105 retweets 49 favorites

yjnkdawg
04-27-2015, 10:38 PM

Do you actually think that Howland would tell Parrish prior too? Something like, Gary, we have Newman's commitment, but don't tell anybody before he announces? This ploy was to ruin Newman's announcement going to MSU and hoping it may change his decision. as well. So where does that ball roll to? AK and McCready.

smootness
04-27-2015, 10:45 PM
I'm not really sure what the big deal here is, to be honest. This kind of information is leaked before the official announcement all the time in recruiting.

Everyone already knew what he was doing anyway, and he got his moment. Maybe it was Ole Miss who leaked it, but who cares. Acting as though it had some kind of impact makes it meaningful, when it wasn't.