PDA

View Full Version : OM buddy just sent me this...we need to "pump the breaks".

BeardoMSU
04-24-2015, 01:26 PM
Funny guy, here.
http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2015/4/24/8468129/lets-pump-the-breaks-on-basketball-croots-before-going-to-the-crossfit-gym-in-my-sweet-mustang

Coach34
04-24-2015, 01:30 PM
Hey RedCup:

How is that "State is 5th in the running for Newman" working out for Ya???

BeardoMSU
04-24-2015, 01:34 PM
Same friend said its a comedic response to the MWN piece on Shea Patterson. Not a bad troll attempt, actually. Bravo.

http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2015/02/18/lets-pump-breaks-shea-patterson/

thf24
04-24-2015, 01:41 PM
I can't decide if they don't know or don't care how pathetically butt hurt it makes them seem to come to us with that shit minutes/seconds after we win any victory of this nature.

MadDawg
04-24-2015, 01:42 PM
Just for a reminder: This is what RedCupRebellion writer Zach Dingleberry had to say about Malik's destination a mere 9 days ago:

1. Kentucky

The heavy favorite for Newman's signature, Lexington, Ken. seems like a smart destination as head coach John Calipari has made a living off of one-and-done players. And now that seven of his player's from the 38-1 team have declared early for the NBA Draft, it seems like an easy choice for Newman to head to Bluegrass country for the plethora of playing time that has now opened up.

Playing time was one of the few knocks against the Wildcats' pitch, but as his high school coach, former Ole Miss Rebel David Sanders, pointed out in a recent interview with The Advocate, the departures in Lexington "definitely opens up some spots for him to come in and play major minutes."

Not to mention that Cal has groomed NBA guards such as Derrick Rose, Tyreke Evans, John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, Brandon Knight, Archie Goodwin and James Young. So, yeah, you could say going to Kentucky could potentially impact Newman's NBA future.

2. LSU

The most intriguing of the finalists, LSU and Johnny Jones offer a unique situation for Mr. Newman if he were to choose to come down to the Bayou for college. LSU already has two McDonald's All-Americans on their way to Baton Rouge in Ben Simmons and Antonio Blakeney, both of whom are recruiting Newman hard.

"We're still working on him, he already knows what we have to offer, but we'll be working on Malik up there as well," Blakeny told The Advocate.

The opportunity to play with two elite players, make a run for a national title and garner immediate playing time has to be enticing. The ultimate question is does Newman want to have help on the road to the NBA or does he want to pave it on his own?

3. Kansas

If Newman were to end up in Lawrence, Kan., he would more than likely be handed the keys to Allen Fieldhouse. We've seen head coach Bill Self have no problem handing over the reigns to freshman one-and-done guards before (Josh Selby, Xavier Henry, Ben McLemore and Andrew Wiggins) so there's no reason to think that he wouldn't do the same for Newman.

Newman's attacking style can take some of the heat off returning starters Perry Ellis and Wayne Selden, Jr. and vice versa. This would help for an easy transition to the next level for Newman and prepare him for the point guard position he will more than likely play in the NBA.

4. Ole Miss

Probably the team that needs Newman the most, the Rebels have been working hard on Newman for the past three years. For a team that has zero NBA presence and has played in a dark, sticky basement for the past 49 seasons, this could be the way for Ole Miss to launch itself back into college basketball relevance.

The Rebels have the point guard position laid out on a platinum silver platter for Newman and the chance to christen a brand spanking new arena as well. With Stefan Moody returning to play the two-guard and four big men on the roster already, Newman would have more than capable help to have a flashy freshman year before heading to the league. Although still considered a long shot, Andy Kennedy seems to think he still has a fighting chance for Malik.

5. Mississippi State

For those that don't already know, Newman's father played in Starkville for Rick Stansbury. But, Rick is gone and so is another Rick (WHO'S DANCING NOW?!). Now, Ben Howland is at the helm and is coming after Newman with the crootin full-court press. Saying that immediate playing time is available in the Hump next season is an incredible understatement for a team that finished 13-19 and a miserable 6-12 in the SEC.

Howland, who led UCLA to three straight Final Fours and a runner-up finish in 2006, has a nice resume of developing guards himself (Trevor Ariza, Russell Westbrook, Jrue Holiday, Shabazz Muhammad and Jordan Adams). Newman has seemed to warm up to Howland and the thought of playing in Starkville, but it might be too little too late.

confucius say
04-24-2015, 01:46 PM
Just for a reminder: This is what RedCupRebellion writer Zach Dingleberry had to say about Malik's destination a mere 9 days ago:

1. Kentucky

The heavy favorite for Newman's signature, Lexington, Ken. seems like a smart destination as head coach John Calipari has made a living off of one-and-done players. And now that seven of his player's from the 38-1 team have declared early for the NBA Draft, it seems like an easy choice for Newman to head to Bluegrass country for the plethora of playing time that has now opened up.

Playing time was one of the few knocks against the Wildcats' pitch, but as his high school coach, former Ole Miss Rebel David Sanders, pointed out in a recent interview with The Advocate, the departures in Lexington "definitely opens up some spots for him to come in and play major minutes."

Not to mention that Cal has groomed NBA guards such as Derrick Rose, Tyreke Evans, John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, Brandon Knight, Archie Goodwin and James Young. So, yeah, you could say going to Kentucky could potentially impact Newman's NBA future.

2. LSU

The most intriguing of the finalists, LSU and Johnny Jones offer a unique situation for Mr. Newman if he were to choose to come down to the Bayou for college. LSU already has two McDonald's All-Americans on their way to Baton Rouge in Ben Simmons and Antonio Blakeney, both of whom are recruiting Newman hard.

"We're still working on him, he already knows what we have to offer, but we'll be working on Malik up there as well," Blakeny told The Advocate.

The opportunity to play with two elite players, make a run for a national title and garner immediate playing time has to be enticing. The ultimate question is does Newman want to have help on the road to the NBA or does he want to pave it on his own?

3. Kansas

If Newman were to end up in Lawrence, Kan., he would more than likely be handed the keys to Allen Fieldhouse. We've seen head coach Bill Self have no problem handing over the reigns to freshman one-and-done guards before (Josh Selby, Xavier Henry, Ben McLemore and Andrew Wiggins) so there's no reason to think that he wouldn't do the same for Newman.

Newman's attacking style can take some of the heat off returning starters Perry Ellis and Wayne Selden, Jr. and vice versa. This would help for an easy transition to the next level for Newman and prepare him for the point guard position he will more than likely play in the NBA.

4. Ole Miss

Probably the team that needs Newman the most, the Rebels have been working hard on Newman for the past three years. For a team that has zero NBA presence and has played in a dark, sticky basement for the past 49 seasons, this could be the way for Ole Miss to launch itself back into college basketball relevance.

The Rebels have the point guard position laid out on a platinum silver platter for Newman and the chance to christen a brand spanking new arena as well. With Stefan Moody returning to play the two-guard and four big men on the roster already, Newman would have more than capable help to have a flashy freshman year before heading to the league. Although still considered a long shot, Andy Kennedy seems to think he still has a fighting chance for Malik.

5. Mississippi State

For those that don't already know, Newman's father played in Starkville for Rick Stansbury. But, Rick is gone and so is another Rick (WHO'S DANCING NOW?!). Now, Ben Howland is at the helm and is coming after Newman with the crootin full-court press. Saying that immediate playing time is available in the Hump next season is an incredible understatement for a team that finished 13-19 and a miserable 6-12 in the SEC.

Howland, who led UCLA to three straight Final Fours and a runner-up finish in 2006, has a nice resume of developing guards himself (Trevor Ariza, Russell Westbrook, Jrue Holiday, Shabazz Muhammad and Jordan Adams). Newman has seemed to warm up to Howland and the thought of playing in Starkville, but it might be too little too late.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

starkvegasdawg
04-24-2015, 01:48 PM
His last name is Dingleberry? How appropriate.

Political Hack
04-24-2015, 01:50 PM
Just like Red Cup's prediction on Newman's chance of going to State, that article was "too little too late."

I do like that they had the gumption to call readers "dum dums" after admitting that they couldn't have been more wrong on the whole thing. Class.

Outside Dawg
04-24-2015, 02:00 PM
When I write a paper, the first thing I usually do is just brain vomit all over the place and get everything I want to say out there. Then I come back a day later and try to make heads or tails of it and turn it into something coherent....cause the first draft is always the hardest. It was like he had all of these jabs about MSU and basketball that he wanted to say, but forgot to come back and make it coherent. He saw Malik's announcement and just said the heck with and pressed submit.

gravedigger
04-24-2015, 02:38 PM
I often stick my foot in my mouth. I say this not only because I feel it to be true,

but because the pungent smell of my own athletes foot cannot be covered by tic tacs. Therefore it is fact.

But just so you know, a 1000 word warning to pump the breaks should be enough to distract from the reason that I had to write it.

my goodness, I hope so anyway.

Sincerely,

'case of the red ass' cup rebellion

Liverpooldawg
04-24-2015, 04:15 PM
Horatio played for Richard Williams did he not?

Todd4State
04-24-2015, 05:08 PM
Ole Miss fans/bloggers/propagandists telling MSU fans to pump the breaks over a recruit is ironic.

Todd4State
04-24-2015, 05:09 PM
Horatio played for Richard Williams did he not?

Yes. Horatio came right after the Final Four year. ALLLLLLLLLLABOARD.....The Big Train. (Hank Flick voice)

QuadrupleOption
04-24-2015, 05:53 PM
Funny guy, here.
http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2015/4/24/8468129/lets-pump-the-breaks-on-basketball-croots-before-going-to-the-crossfit-gym-in-my-sweet-mustang

I thought the article was obviously satire. The only annoying thing is "pump the breaks" should be "pump the brakes". As in, "slow down before you get wrecked". You'd think those elitist bastards would know that.

Dallas_Dawg
04-24-2015, 05:54 PM
Yes. Horatio came right after the Final Four year. ALLLLLLLLLLABOARD.....The Big Train. (Hank Flick voice)
Great memories. I loved the Big Train and now I do even more

Liverpooldawg
04-24-2015, 05:54 PM
That's what I thought. He played with Chucky Evans. That team wasn't that good but it was fun to watch.

maroonmania
04-24-2015, 05:55 PM
I often stick my foot in my mouth. I say this not only because I feel it to be true,

but because the pungent smell of my own athletes foot cannot be covered by tic tacs. Therefore it is fact.

But just so you know, a 1000 word warning to pump the breaks should be enough to distract from the reason that I had to write it.

my goodness, I hope so anyway.

Sincerely,

'case of the red ass' cup rebellion

Yea, pretty sure he played in Williams last 2 seasons as HC.

Howboutdemdogs
04-24-2015, 06:09 PM
I just read a Butt Hurt article. What an ass. This coming from a school that thinks they won a national tile by recruiting every year.

Gen. Grant
04-24-2015, 07:23 PM
Seriously, don't give that guy and press or page views. Claims we are consumed by our hate for UM, yet he makes a living from the rivalry... Don't give him attention.