PDA

View Full Version : Legal Advice

RBritt
07-01-2013, 12:25 PM
My wife is changing jobs from one school to another. She already signed a contract with her previous employer which is refusing to let her out of her contract to go to the new school. A couple weeks ago we went and got medical documentation from a doctor and he wrote a letter to the superintendent stating the work environment was too stressful for my wife to work in. If the superintendent wouldn't release her, would you guys seek legal representation in this case?

Political Hack
07-01-2013, 12:46 PM
1) I'm not a lawyer...

2) If the contract your wife signed provides an "out" clause for health concerns, it will probably be easy to have a lawyer intercede with a letter request and get this done quickly without much of a problem.

3) If the contract does not have an out clause for health concerns, it may be better to play nice and try to get things accomplished with honey instead of vinegar.

4) While playing nice, check with some OSHA/Health law professionals to see if there's any federal statute or state laws that would allow her to slip out of the contract.

5) I am not a lawyer...

RBritt
07-01-2013, 01:09 PM
Appreciate the info Hack.

Squidawg11
07-01-2013, 01:27 PM
1) I'm not a lawyer...

2) If the contract your wife signed provides an "out" clause for health concerns, it will probably be easy to have a lawyer intercede with a letter request and get this done quickly without much of a problem.

3) If the contract does not have an out clause for health concerns, it may be better to play nice and try to get things accomplished with honey instead of vinegar.

4) While playing nice, check with some OSHA/Health law professionals to see if there's any federal statute or state laws that would allow her to slip out of the contract.

5) I am not a lawyer...

Agree with political hack other than I would add to point 3. I have no problem with playing nice but be careful what you say when you play nice, as it may come back to bite you if you say the wrong thing.