PDA

View Full Version : Nafoom saying Adidas hired Howland to be the coach here. Butthurt much

starkvegasdawg
04-24-2015, 12:55 PM
And that is how we had the money to get Newman. Here is the quote:

I wouldn't be shocked if Adidas placed Howland at State specifically to try to go after Newman for his value a year from now. He had a list of schools a while back that included Kentucky, Kansas, Ole Miss, and LSU, all Nike schools. He was effectively wrapped in the Swoosh no matter what he chose.

I'm betting Adidas spotted the opportunity with Webster being an MSU alum, and MSU being an Adidas school, and then likely let Stricklin know they would make a strong push for Newman if he made the change and brought in a guy they knew would deliver on the back end for them. Howland has obviously delivered on his end of the bargain for Adidas in the past and will continue to do so, because that's where his bread is buttered. He gets the job, and State gets in the game via Adidas's desire to land Newman.

Coach34
04-24-2015, 12:57 PM
Well, Adidas did play a big role in it. That's very true.

Political Hack
04-24-2015, 12:57 PM
if so, I'd like to thank the millions and millions of soccer fans that line Addidas's pockets.

AlSwearengen
04-24-2015, 12:59 PM
Well, if olemiss were as important as they think they are, Nike would have made sure that Maliq signed with olemiss. I guess Nike didn't want to invest too much into olemiss.

Coach34
04-24-2015, 12:59 PM
Finally, soccer does something positive

ckDOG
04-24-2015, 01:00 PM
Totally okay with every word of that being true.

Lumpy Chucklelips
04-24-2015, 01:02 PM
I went over to look for that. Couldn't find it.

I was going to post and say how right I hoped he was. And that I looked forward to Adidas steering many more elite players our way over the years.

AlSwearengen
04-24-2015, 01:04 PM
I have been buying about 3 Adidas golf clothing items to every 1 Nike this summer. I might have to totally drop Nike.

DancingRabbit
04-24-2015, 01:08 PM
Kansas is an Adidas school.

Dawg61
04-24-2015, 01:09 PM
if so, I'd like to thank the millions and millions of soccer fans that line Addidas's pockets.

I say we reward Adidas and add men's and women's soccer at MSU

Political Hack
04-24-2015, 01:11 PM

they should add soccer across the board. high school and Juco soccer has gotten a lot better in MS. they should try to leverage that and start a program before others pass them... like Belhaven.

confucius say
04-24-2015, 01:11 PM
Truth is, for as pissed off as we get at Adidas sometimes, we are a big priority to them, much more so than da bears are to nike. That matters in basketball people, make no mistake.

WinningIsRelentless
04-24-2015, 01:18 PM
They are still pissed about the f@@@ the school up north shirts. And if Adidas did pull this off like I think they did then they just dropped the mic and walked off.

Rayburn8
04-24-2015, 01:19 PM
they should add soccer across the board. high school and Juco soccer has gotten a lot better in MS. they should try to leverage that and start a program before others pass them... like Belhaven.
Exactly I have a friend who lead MS in goals scored the past two years and wont be able to play soccer in college even tho he got offers to play at Memphis and such because they did not have his major like Ole Miss and State did.

Dawg61
04-24-2015, 01:24 PM
Exactly I have a friend who lead MS in goals scored the past two years and wont be able to play soccer in college even tho he got offers to play at Memphis and such because they did not have his major like Ole Miss and State did.

Add the two programs. Adidas will pay for them.

fishwater99
04-24-2015, 01:27 PM

He can play on our club team of he really wants to play.

sleepy dawg
04-24-2015, 01:28 PM
And that is how we had the money to get Newman. Here is the quote:

I wouldn't be shocked if Adidas placed Howland at State specifically to try to go after Newman for his value a year from now. He had a list of schools a while back that included Kentucky, Kansas, Ole Miss, and LSU, all Nike schools. He was effectively wrapped in the Swoosh no matter what he chose.

I'm betting Adidas spotted the opportunity with Webster being an MSU alum, and MSU being an Adidas school, and then likely let Stricklin know they would make a strong push for Newman if he made the change and brought in a guy they knew would deliver on the back end for them. Howland has obviously delivered on his end of the bargain for Adidas in the past and will continue to do so, because that's where his bread is buttered. He gets the job, and State gets in the game via Adidas's desire to land Newman.

That is possible, and even if true, it is still irrelevant.

curmudgeon
04-24-2015, 02:16 PM

There are other schools that have his major and play soccer. If he was good enough to play at Memphis, there's a shit ton of really good academic schools that offer soccer that he would get a free ride at. What's his major that both Ole Miss and State have that Memphis doesn't?

Tbonewannabe
04-24-2015, 02:28 PM
He can play on our club team of he really wants to play.

Seems like the club team went to the final four of club soccer when I was in school.

mic
04-24-2015, 02:32 PM
And right in time for the new Adidas GTHOM hats.. Available next week...

Thick
04-24-2015, 02:34 PM
Well, if olemiss were as important as they think they are, Nike would have made sure that Maliq signed with olemiss. I guess Nike didn't want to invest too much into olemiss.

So true Al!!!

dawgoneyall
04-24-2015, 02:36 PM
Then we could be a real football school.

Brad Stevens
04-24-2015, 03:02 PM

You continue to baffle me. We have had a women's soccer team for years.

Dawg61
04-24-2015, 03:10 PM

Oh yea haha ok add a women's beach volleyball team to offset adding a men's soccer team

Political Hack
04-24-2015, 03:13 PM

I was going to say something, but decided to just run with the intent... we need men's soccer IMO.

Dawg61
04-24-2015, 03:15 PM
I was going to say something, but decided to just run with the intent... we need men's soccer IMO.

Sorry guess I blacked them out in my mind after they lost like 22 matches in a row

Goat from MSU
04-24-2015, 03:33 PM
Really Brad is the best you can do?Well.......

FlabLoser
04-24-2015, 03:33 PM
We've got women's soccer and no men's soccer? Thanks, Title IX.

Percho
04-24-2015, 03:52 PM
Finally, soccer does something positive

I just knew you are a closet soccer fan.

Liverpooldawg
04-24-2015, 04:11 PM
Add the two programs. Adidas will pay for them.

Only need to add one. We already have women's soccer.

Dawg61
04-24-2015, 04:22 PM
Only need to add one. We already have women's soccer.

Do we have women's soccer though?